It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF Is This Weird Web-Tower Thing? We Asked Around. No One Knows

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

A flea circus?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
What say you ATS.

Insectile Stonehenge.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I vote a Spider, likely unknown to science thus far (Amazon) that is mimicking a flower in order to trap flying insect looking to pollinate the spire....at which point it gets a little stuck and the spider pulls on the thread lining the "fence" and circumference of the fence collapses inward in a lasso fashion like a Venus Fly Trap sealing the insects fate.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
"lol" - Amazonian spider

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Originally posted by TDawgRex
What say you ATS.

Insectile Stonehenge.

I have to admit that did cross my mind

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Dunno what it really is, but IMO: its a dual nest/trap for the babies of whatever creature made it. Probably an undiscovered spieces, as not even scientists know exactly what made it. Only proves that human knowledge, even of our own world, is horribly incomplete.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Going with some type of kick ass smart spider. If it's a eggsack spire that is a ingenious design. Gotta love mother nature!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It's a great engineering job, it looks like all the fine webbing is there to support the uprights, as well as a protection, then the whole lot is tied into the centre upright like a capping. It's a bit like how the twin towers were made. The fences probably grab moisture from the air as well. Looks like a moths piece of work.

I dropped the link, My connection has been awful all week, multiple disconnections, constant logging in. Anyone else with this crap. AOL is my provider.
edit on 5-9-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
Microsoft watch out ,, that is the ORIGINAL WEB 2.0

(rotated)
Central Server With HUBS.
"i believe we are seeing first hand, an upgrade in intelligent design, limits.
At such a molecular level it looks like FUKUSHIMA is showing surprising results already,",, the Doctor wrote,, bhwaaahaa
edit on 4-9-2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

and u thought i was kidding

"However, they did find that when electricity was turned off, ants attracted to d-c power dispersed more rapidly than those who had been experiencing the nirvana of an a-c source. While the Texas researchers still don't understand the reasons why the ants have a fatal attraction to electric fields, they have been able to devise successful control techniques. Based on their studies, they recommend using terminal cap protectors to prevent bridging, and denying entrance to the insects by enclosing mechanical relays in metal or plastic cases and sealing them, as well as all entrances to padmounted equipment, with epoxy cement. In laboratory tests, silicone rubber sealants and roofing cement proved ineffective."

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Almost looks like a fungus/mushroom type thing.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

it appears to me that it is in fact a different version of a spiders web, the bit being referred to as a tower is to attract insects to land on it, bit like a kind of flower to them maybe, and they get entangled when it bends with their weight and lowers them inside the web/fence and bingo spider comes out from hiding and walla dinner is served..... just my personal thoughts on it......

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Wow amazing structure . It looks like this is the first evolved spider that has his own fence to keep others out, I call it the carousel spider because it looks like that...

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This definitely looks like a new species of something. The jury is still out, but I think it's leaning towards it being made by a spider, specifically some kind of Orb-weaver spider.

Here’s why I think a spider made it: * It definitely appears to have been weaved in a complex circular pattern that is the hallmark of spiders. * The mixture of more than one kind of silk (only spiders can do that–that I’m aware of). * The spires of the surrounding structure look like they’re made up of the sticky kind of silk that spiders can secrete. * It looks like a TRAP! As in, if a bug goes in it isn’t supposed to be able to get out. Such bugs would be provide great sustenance to emerging baby spiders. * Spider cocoons are often very round like that.

Link

Someone mentioned Tesla earlier, the cited poster also speculates that:

a small amount of electricity runs through the structure...turning it into a weak antenna

How weird is that?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I don't care what it is to be honest, but damn! If I had to guess I'd choose spider, as they are nature's best builders, next to bees.
Nature is cool in so many ways we haven't even realised yet that this does not surprise me. Not surprised...marvelled

Thanks for the info OP

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ionwind

While that would be cool the small current of electricity running through it. I think there just postulating ie guessing. I really dont see why they did not just open the sack up and see whats inside or what it is? They were close enough to take the pictures so they could have figured out what it is right then and there.

So ya! it does look like a moth nest, or a spider nest, it could even be fungi, in fact they could have spotted an infected ie something like cordyceps infected spider and just taken it somewhere far and cocooned it and put up a little prison around it to keep others out and the infected trapped in. Ants carry cordyceps infected as far away from the nest as they can when they spot one. So it still could be fungi related even if it really does look like some spider just created the whole tower and fence and everything. I mean it really could be a prison, that's still not out of the picture.

But I like the tower communication idea better, in fact if its a fungi infected prison/trap that's still a way to communicate to others to stay away in its own way. Whatever it is, all of which could have been solved if they actually took a closer look and it would have taken a few minutes as well. Now were stuck guessing on things based on pictures. Its fun and all but its also highly annoying.
edit on 5-9-2013 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Looks like it could be our successors after we finish annihilating each other~
I hope it has more sense then we do.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ionwind

I think critters are getting smarter, I am serious.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Needs a 24/7 timelapse camera put on it. Perhaps drop a fly on it and see what happens.
Could be very interesting , and whoever does this could get their 15 minutes....

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

nosacrificenofreedom

Looks like it could be our successors after we finish annihilating each other~
I hope it has more sense then we do.

Web spinning Cockroaches?

That's creepy!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This is either a very clever hoax or we have something very special here.

Sets up a perimeter barrier ( very much as we do ).

Also sets up a 'big top' canopy to catch anything airborne and incoming.

A previous poster mentioned something about 3D modelling/pen or some such ...

Point being - we need quantifiable proof these days, just due to current tech.

Either way - it made me take note !

edit on 6-9-2013 by Timely because: added the /pen bit.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join