It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Testament....More accurate than your history book :P

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Boomer1951

Doubt is good. Doubt is healthy.

Question everything.

Even this.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

You mention "the 3 wise men" what is your evidence for that statement ?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I'm only writing off the supernatural parts, due to a lack of evidence. Like I said the mundane details could be somewhat accurate, we really don't know one way or another. If you tell me Jesus lived in a town called Nazareth I might be inclined to believe you but telling me that he rose from the grave and ascended to Heaven?

It's like if a friend of mine went fishing and told me about the experience afterward. I have no reason to doubt it if he tells me he went fishing and caught a foot long large mouth bass, but I have every reason to doubt him if he tells me the Virgin Mary, Bigfoot and Zeus all helped him and that he caught a 40 foot megaladon shark. And that's with the information coming directly from an eye-witness that I already trust, the Gospels were not written by eye-witnesses.

edit on 6-9-2013 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChristianJihad

First off, the reliability of an ancient historical document is determined by the number of manuscripts available. This is so because the more manuscripts we have, the easier it is to re-create the original work.
reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

Hey that sounds great, so let's see what a real honest historian has to say about it shall we ?
You obviously like watching videos so here is a nice little video for your educational needs.

puhlease! honest? are you true?

everyone knows academia is rigged by tptb... you gotta be very political, get publishing (who owns that?) and tow the dominant paradigm if you want a job, let alone tenure...

nice try though... keep searching, you will find TRUTH if you care to.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
nice thread, OP... I know this to be true simply due top all the b.s. put out by msm all the time... and the testimonies of former occultists, former illuminati and former satanists...

watch "ancient aliens debunked" for just a taste of how easily people lie for bling...

besides, if you honestly seek you find:

Ron Wyatt's work on noah's ark, where he found massive iron bolts and laminated wood...

I think the pre-flood peeps were way more advanced than we give credit to + the supernatural was more involved in daily life (as opposed to secret govt. deal-making for tech)

pre-flood? yes, research some non-tenured scientists who lay out their theory on this, such as pertains to the Grand Canyon, and you get a whole different picture.

as well,Text (there are some good presentations on youtube) and you will see that the creation has been complex from the beginning... evolution is not accurate science... the creation diversifies, it does not evolve. any mutations to DNA are destructive (unless you want sickle cell) because the DNA of even a single cell is enormously, profoundly complex.

Bruce Lipton's "Biology of Belief" illustrates that genes express due to environment and beliefs... be careful what you allow yourself to think... a person adopted into a family supposedly pre-disposed to cancer will likely find himself pre-disposed as well...

Text, has some good lectures on DNA complexity and fossil record...

if anything the creation is devolving, with massive species die-offs and smaller sized animals, generally...

this may be because the air in fossilized amber has 50% more oxygen than today's...

bison were like elephants, crocodiles would make T-Rex blush, insects would challenge todays eagles...etc

btw, scientists have found viable t-rex blood cells... doesn't sound likely if they were millions of years old...

now let's put a final twist: MUFONS Joseph Jordan found over 400 cases where calling on Jesus ended the abduction phenomenon. Now why would that be?

vimeo.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
also, the BIble is VERY accurate again and again, and does not change its mind like msm "science"... can't even call it science if you care for true scientific values, like honesty.

Bible says Eve came from Adam... turns out men have x and y chromosomes to make both male and female... women only have x chromosomes...

Bible says the city of Tyre and its dust will be swept into the ocean, which is exactly what Alexander did to the original city while building a land-bridge to the island fortress they moved to...

Christ says of the temple: not one stone will be left upon another. when the Romans sacked it, they tore it up to find any hidden gold (and probably the ark)... nothing left but a retaining wall...

Revelations says tptb (satan) will put a mark on everyone to buy or sell... they have the tech and plan to use it... and the net, while a great source of info, is one "fake event" from controlling everyone's life completely... try living without the net, email, etc...

Aaron Russo was friends w tptb and said this is their plan.

We are fallen and the laws of a free will creation require us to seek forgiveness for our imperfections and Jesus came here to pay for this and be our legal Advocate at judgement...

the Bible is one elegantly encoded, profoundly Divine ACCURATE book that was suppressed for many centuries by the paganized vatican... men died to bring it to you. pity people don't appreciate what really happen.

and "unicorns" mentioned are clearly rhinos!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
**former prof. of evolution, Walter Veith, has some good lectures on DNA complexity and fossil record...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1

You mention "the 3 wise men" what is your evidence for that statement ?

What do you mean? I don't understand your question.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Well you mentioned 3 wise men but I have never seen anything about 3 wise men from scripture and was wondering just where you got your info ..peace

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Are you doubting the number (3) of the "wise men" or their scriptural reference?

ancienthistory.about.com...

Matthew 2
1Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

edit on 6-9-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

Well, I agree. I never said I thought it was the "infallible word of God", as I was taught as a kid. I am in my sixties and was born and raised Southern Baptist. But, reading it now from a different perspective, I glean little historical tidbits of how life was then for the average person and the psychological reason religion was so important and varied at that time.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Well I see your quote of the scripture is correct ..It was the # 3 that I was trying to see where your error came from .Not that it would change any doctrine that I am aware of .You see there is a doctrine about the kingdom cults in scripture and I was wondering if you may have been had by them or if you were one of them ...that is all ....peace

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Yeah, I don't know where the idea that there were 3 wise men comes from, other than that the number 3 was considered holy. However, in Hebrew the 4 letter and the 5 letter names for GOD don't insinuate a trinity doctrine.

In the Five Books of Moses, there are two names for God. HaShem ("The Name" in Hebrew), also known as the Tetragrammaton (the "Name-Of-Four-Letters" in Greek), and often translated as "Lord", represents the most compact and Exquisitely Singular aspect of God, while Elokim, sometimes called the Five-Letter-Name (properly spelled with an h instead of a k), "God", represents the most expansive All-There-Is Whole aspect of God. The relationship between the complementary aspects of Exquisite Singularity and All-There-Is Wholeness is defined as infinite contrast.
www.meru.org...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I have little learning in the way of numerology to be truthful but I have read Pink's The Seal of God and found it very interesting .There is a pdf file online for that book . The bible codes are interesting as well but like some have said you have to have your salt shaker at the ready when diving into that subject ..I think Flyersfan has a new thread on that subject on the board somewhere ...peace

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join