It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: I didn’t draw the red line on Syria, world did

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Now Obama says he didn't draw that Syrian 'Red Line', and that HIS 'credibility' is not on the line !!!!

Of course this wild statement comes after he did in fact draw the Red Line over a year ago !!

He's buttering up the scapegoats and fallguys just in case this whole Syria 'policy' becomes yet another boondoggle like Libya and Egypt to name only two.

President Barack Obama on Wednesday declared the world’s credibility “is on the line” when it comes to punishing Syrian President Bashar Assad for his regime’s purported use of chemical weapons.

Speaking at a press conference in Stockholm, Sweden, ahead of a global economic summit in Russia where he will seek to rally support for a U.S. military strike against Syria, Obama said the “red line” he set against a year ago against Syria’s use of chemical weapons isn’t his, but an international standard.

“I didn’t set a red line, the world set a red line,” Obama said. “My credibility’s not on the line. The international community’s credibility is on the line. And America and Congress’s credibility’s on the line."

Obama: I didn’t draw the red line on Syria, world did

"Obama: I Didn't Set A Red Line On Syria (September 4, 2013)"

Aug 2012 article...

"We have been very clear to the Assad regime, but also to other players on the ground, that a red line for us is we start seeing a whole bunch of chemical weapons moving around or being utilized," the president said. "That would change my calculus. That would change my equation."

Obama draws 'red line' for Syria on chemical and biological weapons

Published on Aug 21, 2012

The US President warns Bashar al-Assad that the use of chemical or biological weapons in Syria is a "red line" that should not be crossed

"US President Barack Obama in 'red line' warning to Syria over chemical weapons"

Next he will be telling Assad that "You Didn't Build That"

Obama's 'Credibility' IS ALWAYS on the Line ..

I think HE is Way 'Over the Line' Now !!

edit on Sep-04-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
There are at least three posts about this.
Yours might look the best, but I was posting in one hours ago and there's at least one other new one.
edit on 4-9-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

The international community’s credibility is on the line. And America and Congress’s credibility’s on the line.

No barry you`re wrong about that.America`s credibility isn`t on the line, America is the people, and we the people never drew a red line in syria, you did.
America`s president drew a red line in syria against the wish`s of a majority of the American people, America`s president want`s to drag America into syria`s civil war against the wish`s of a majority of the American people.

On this issue the American president doesn`t speak for the majority of the American people.
The American people have credibility, the American president? not so much.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

neo96 has the same topic 7 minutes before this one.....

add to that please.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

edit on Wed Sep 4 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: corrected link

new topics

top topics

join