It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia releases key findings on chemical attack

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Wasn't this expected anyway? I mean, each side of the whole conflict is going to throw it to the other...

But if it's true, it's still expected. International forces might have to interfere (so that the civilians aren't victims of a war in which both sides are equally bad). It's really complicated in my eyes. You can't expect one side of a war not to retaliate against such attacks. War isn't pretty, especially this one. It seems that it international interest is taking over it.

I guess the only thing we will be able to rely on is UN's judgement, and even that isn't completely free of government corporate interest... Let's just hope that the best strategy is taken so that minimal human lives are destroyed. After all, isn't that the ultimate price which is worth our attention no matter the cost (even if it's billions of USD profit to governments?)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I just don't get why people think Assad would need to use chemical weapons.

Rebels have been on the outskirts of Damascus for months and longer, so they somehow became a threat enough to warrant the use of chemical attacks?

Give me a break.

Syrian forces could have just as easily used an artillery barrage or an airstrike or 2, they have plenty of tools to use and plenty of ways to deliver them. Using piss poor chemical weapons, piss poor on the scale of what they could use in terms of chemicals or even comparable to conventional armaments is... well, just dumb.

Chemical weapons are a last resort attack, obviously. Because we have not seen the FSA annihilated yet, if collateral damage was left with no regard Assad would have ordered MASS chemical attacks and you would have hundreds of thousands dead.

In the mean time if he or his military want to kill a thousand or so people, they have much better ways of doing it than a small scale chemical attack. Why wait so long and then bring the world on top of you?

It makes no sense, to me anyways

Wrabbit if you read this, it seems nobody wants to listen to your logic
makes me sad that it is not even considered. Logic that is and using it.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

Is more than just outsiders, the main terrorist groups looking to get power in Syria after the US takes the government are working within the nation, they are the best funded by foreign interest, the smaller groups are working around the nation trying to keep holds of regions of interest.

If you research on the different factions groups within Syria you will be surprised to find out who are so call Rebels are, about 90% are foreign funded groups.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

Rebels have been on the outskirts of Damascus for months and longer, so they somehow became a threat enough to warrant the use of chemical attacks?

While Assad likes to sit back in a recent interview and claim that his army has conquered the terrorists in every area that they've gone into, that's just not the case. It's back and forth constantly.

Let's take a look at an area of high contention right now in Khan al-Assal, when there was an apparent CW attack back on March 19th. According to this Wikipedia link (showing multiple sources), the Syrian military must have been in control of the region in order to the rebels to have conquered it on July 22nd. It appears to me that the government and the rebels were fighting each other hard and continuously in this area. I think having the rebels conquer this region on July 22nd, having killed hundreds of Assad's soldiers in process, may have been a good enough excuse for Assad to use chemical weapons on August 21st in the same area.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 5-9-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Do you have any sources that will point out who this rebels or what factions they are under? I am trying to research who is holding to which regions as is soo many factions within Syria, any information will be appreciated.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
You act like Assad is innocent. He is dirty as they come. But the US is dirty to. Russia is dirtier then most. So what do you do? Eat popcorn and watch the games. I like to play by picking out the lies to try and find some form of truth for myself.

Picking out all the lies from what governments tell their people would be like trying pick out all the irregularly shaped grains of sand from the world's beaches.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

With regards to Khan al-Assal and most of the areas around Aleppo, they're dealing with rebels who have coordinated with Al-Nusra Front. Articles I've read, said a lot of the rebels were disappointed with the way Al-Nusra Front handled this "massacre". Unfortunately, that's the risk they take when they work together.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Yes I have most of that information already, but with soo many factions or small groups trying to hold to their region I was just wondering, who and how they get their financial support.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
America 101

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

From my understanding, the rebel groups who have not aligned with Al-Qaeda are receiving financial support and weapons from Saudi Arabia and Qatar (while the U.S. is training them) and the rebel groups aligning with Al-Qaeda are killing and looting anyone and everything they can to gain what they have. Of course, we should also expect that the Al-Qaeda fronts are getting financial support from other terrorist groups. I'm hoping that the U.S. has figured out by now that the Muslim Brotherhood isn't as benign in the region as they originally thought and stopped coordinating any efforts through them, as I'm sure they are financially supporting Al-Qaeda in this effort.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Yes I agree with you, I am already resigned to the fact that US will do the same to Syria as it did to Iraq, let see how things go, perhaps the warmongers will grow a conscience and will try to minimize the collateral damage better than they did in Iraq.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

For the first time ever, I don't have a prediction on which way I think this will go. LOL!

What I will say is that this whole situation in Syria is a lose/lose situation and I have to wonder if Egypt might be headed in the same direction.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The point here is whether this item penetrates the mainstream news cycle.

I’m betting is doesn’t.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
This is like the perfect setup for another 9/11 type event - it's almost palpable. Strikes happen - chaos. Strikes don't happen and the "we told you so" event comes along soon after - leading to the same chaos.

It's the biggest damned if you do damned if you don't situation I've even seen.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko
Is President Kim jong of North Korea a freemason? If he is a freemason, then he has a good support from most leaders. He may be following the footsteps of his parents and guides. Those people to really watch are the guides or Guardians, who influence most of his decisions-he is a very young ruler

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Not that I support a strike on Syria not the way its being planned now anyway. But what did you think Russia was going to come out with.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Senduko
SO bets are open, will Congress vote Yes to an attack and will this take place before the G20 starting tomorrow, or will congress delay and start the bombing after the G20.

Either way, Obama is Never gonna accept Putin's evidence. I'v been listening to Obama, then yesterday Kerry, now again listening live, no one wants to lose face because its all about credibility now.

The issues about credibility and the morality of WMDs are a smoke screen. This is all about working with Israel to bring down it enemies. They want Assad to get worked up and attack Israel so that they drop the bomb on Damascus and turn it into a cinder.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join