It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria, some old song, but.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
As an original supporter of both the Iraq war and Afghanistan, now believing get out, the sooner the better, there was at least some logic/justification on both actions. (Not interested in rehashing them at this point, they've been well debated for years now).

The only arguments for an intervention in Syria seems to rest on "credibility". IE, if our/Obama's "red Line" is crossed with no reprisal or consequence, then the U.S. will not be taken seriously by Iran and others in the region.

Seriously?? If the boys in the Mid-East don't take the U.S. military seriously now they never will.
Credibility has been well established, methinks...

A shot across Iran's "bow"? ...Iran could care less...probably support Obama on this as he creates a few more/new enemies for the U.S. in the region.

There is no logical reason whatsoever for this action. NONE! I challenge anyone who supports it to explain the reasoning. I'm all ears.....

My guess is 60-40 that it gets Congress' support.

The only thing I can see that might be enlightening is this vote probably doesn't follow party lines on either side of the aisle.

There's no way that oil prices don't spike as a result of unpredictable consequences of the action, so there's those guys-both sides of the aisle.

There's the "peace at any cost" crowd on the left as well as those who indirectly would like to see Obama shackled even inside the Democrat party.

Supporters also on the left could include those who'd love attention taken off of debt and job issues as well as Obamacare.

On the right, the war solves about any problem bunch, those that need to test the latest military toys, F-22, et al.

About the only possible benefit I can see is a clearer picture of who vote for this and who doesn't. It might help sort things out for future elections...like a third party option....

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nwtrucker

washington is a circus, republicans voting for obama's war.(sad but lol)

the republicans will turn on obama in a second when things go wrong.
yet some will have to support the military/industrial complex, some are pro israel, some have districts with religeous type voters.
can you imagine fox news reporting this war when it gets ugly.
obama's war, obama's war, obama's war, all you'll hear.

but in next year's election they will have to explain why they gave obama this war power and why gas cost 6-8$ a gallon.
the replublicans planning on a presidential run should avoid voting for this disastrous adventure.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Ok, now the pundits are supporting this. Again credibility is the issue.

What credibility is there when right from the start there is AT BEST, a fractured support of the action? The action itself loses credibility by lacking home support.

All Assad has to do if force an escalation/prolongation and he knows Obama will wimp out even faster than Bush did in addressing Iranian IUDS and Pakistani incursions.

Another alternative is Iran using this as an excuse to enter into this on Syria's side, also not an impossibility.

The very lack of support makes this a non-starter no matter what reasoning is used, from what I can see.

Are we this dumb??
edit on 5-9-2013 by nwtrucker because: spelling

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nwtrucker
Ok, now the pundits are supporting this. Again credibility is the issue.

What credibility is there when right from the start there is AT BEST, a fractured support of the action? The action itself loses credibility by lacking home support.

All Assad has to do if force an escalation/prolongation and he knows Obama will wimp out even faster than Bush did in addressing Iranian IUDS and Pakistani incursions.

Another alternative is Iran using this as an excuse to enter into this on Syria's side, also not an impossibility.

The very lack of support makes this a non-starter no matter what reasoning is used, from what I can see.

Are we this dumb??
edit on 5-9-2013 by nwtrucker because: spelling

this morning on cnn it was mentioned that 23% of american support obama's attack on syria.

how many when the price of gas skyrockets?

we are living in very intteresting times indeed.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Encouraging numbers!! The initial numbers coming out of congress are surprisingly good as well.

It remains to see what the party whips do to cajole, bribe and threaten congressional members into changing their minds.....

It suggests to me that these "elected officials" have some decent survival instincts. IE massive poll numbers will trump vested interests when the public becomes more animated on an issue and speak out.

new topics

top topics

join