It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange and shining vaporous rocks appear at Mexico

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
the is looks like pumice rock , which will float on water because of the gas trapped in the bubbles throughout the stone, it may be outgassing some type of chlorine like gas.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Originally posted by Shaade
The OPs pic is definately NOT cinder blocks. I have worked in construction most of my life and have literally handled 10s of thousands of cinder blocks myself.

But have you ever worked construction in Mexico? Yes these building blocks are different than "cinder blocks" but they are the common building blocks in Mexico, central and south america.

The pic in the OP looks like this material formed in a small container.

No I havent worked construction in Mexico before and have never used cinder blocks from Mexico, so you may have a point there, but do they use any chlorine substance or anything that normally generates a chlorine odor? I would certainly hope not, as the risks to public health would be extremely scary imo. Its mostly the odor that these objects are emitting is what has me thinking they are most likely a chemical or manufacturing wastes material.

Shaade

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

A cinder block??? Looks like it, but not really.... I do a lot of consturction....

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Shaade

Sorry, re-read your post and figured out that you were saying that the "rock" could not have been a piece broken off of a cinder block. Edited accordingly.

Getting pumice and mixing up a lightweight concrete, like that used in cinder blocks, is not hard. Could have been someone tinkering and trying to make some kind of filter.

edit on 4-9-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
So i am curious, did anyone actually follow the links and read the stories involved?

Explosive stones

He noted that it had a strong color in a fluorescent green hue, flecked with dark spots, brownish.

He picked up the object. It had a rough texture - and placed it in his pants pocket. In about five minutes, the man began to feel a warming sensation in the thigh.

It was the stone that - apparently - started a spontaneous reaction, radiating heat. Immediately Bézon began to undress and, luckily, as was wearing two pairs of pants, apart from underwear, escaped a more serious injury in the leg.

However, he could not avoid second-degree burns, severe in one hand and small lesions in the other. And before anyone could observe the strange material, the thing - simply exploded, disintegrating itself.

Second link.

Last year, an unamed woman had to undergo surgery on her leg after rocks spontaneously combusted in her pocket.
The 43-year-old woman had enjoyed a day with her family at Trestles Beach, San Diego.
During the visit, her children had collected seven unusual-looking rocks - orange and green in colour - and the woman had put them in the right pocket of her cargo shorts to carry home.
Captain Marc Stone, a spokesman for Orange County Fire Authority, explained that the woman began to feel intense heat emanating from her pocket as she was standing in the kitchen of her San Clemente home.
Her clothing and skin began to burn as the heat intensified, and she also suffered second-degree burns to her hand as she tried to remove the rocks from her pocket.
Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

As for what these are i am not sure, there are lots of rock with traces of Uranium, Chlorine, Phosphorous, etc....
It isn't likely to be toxic waste as there are plenty of naturally toxic substances...

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
So i am curious, did anyone actually follow the links and read the stories involved?

Explosive stones

He noted that it had a strong color in a fluorescent green hue, flecked with dark spots, brownish.

He picked up the object. It had a rough texture - and placed it in his pants pocket. In about five minutes, the man began to feel a warming sensation in the thigh.

It was the stone that - apparently - started a spontaneous reaction, radiating heat. Immediately Bézon began to undress and, luckily, as was wearing two pairs of pants, apart from underwear, escaped a more serious injury in the leg.

However, he could not avoid second-degree burns, severe in one hand and small lesions in the other. And before anyone could observe the strange material, the thing - simply exploded, disintegrating itself.

Second link.

Last year, an unamed woman had to undergo surgery on her leg after rocks spontaneously combusted in her pocket.
The 43-year-old woman had enjoyed a day with her family at Trestles Beach, San Diego.
During the visit, her children had collected seven unusual-looking rocks - orange and green in colour - and the woman had put them in the right pocket of her cargo shorts to carry home.
Captain Marc Stone, a spokesman for Orange County Fire Authority, explained that the woman began to feel intense heat emanating from her pocket as she was standing in the kitchen of her San Clemente home.
Her clothing and skin began to burn as the heat intensified, and she also suffered second-degree burns to her hand as she tried to remove the rocks from her pocket.
Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

As for what these are i am not sure, there are lots of rock with traces of Uranium, Chlorine, Phosphorous, etc....
It isn't likely to be toxic waste as there are plenty of naturally toxic substances...

Actually the story you quoted comes from two different stories all together. It was about a trip to the beach where the kids found some strange rocks and gave them to mom to hold onto, she placed them in her pocket wrapped in a cloth. On their trip home the rocks ignited in her pocket. The other about an old man that found a strange green rock that caught fire and exploded. Not the same stories bud. I believe the authors added these stories in just as filler, as his stories on the strange rocks in mexico wasnt enough to fill the page.

Shaade
edit on 9/4/2013 by Shaade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Or all three stories are telling the same tale of rocks found out in the open that have strange reactions. You might also notice that all three rocks had a "shine or glow" about them and while the main story posted by the OP didn't mention the burns that the other two stories did this could likely be to due to the more 'careful' handling of the rocks by the Firemen who used a shovel to collect the sample.

Is that enough justification for posting the other two stories, bud?

Anyway...this was part of the investigation with the woman
UT San Diego

Ken Shea, a chemistry professor at UC Irvine, told the Orange County Register that the phosphorous on the rocks is man-made and likely comes from munitions or flares. He said phosphorous is normally stored in water. “Only when it’s out of water and exposed to oxygen, it can spontaneously burst into flames,” he told the newspaper.

edit on 4-9-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

I think that's just the spray there using on it that messing with the color around it and grass, you can see the guy spray it with something as they pick it up with a shovel. Whatever it is one thing seems pretty clear it ain't really a rock, and does look like its just made of little metal like beads, it does look manufactured or like somebody took a bunch of gravel bits and beads of iron and metal, and other things, and put it all into a compactor mashing them together.

Rocks dont generally have that sort of surface, there are rocks that do, but those are usually not found in dry looking areas like that, and of those that are there more like pockmarked rocks which have withstood pressures of nature for a long time in usually sea areas or tide areas or caves and such. It really does look like a byproduct from some plant, so who know it could be that somebody was trucking them through the area and drooped some, or at least that one seems to be next to a dirt road if that picture is correct and that's were they found it.

But then again who knows, it could just be fossilized guano ie bat # or something of that nature. Which would make sense in a way the link said its emitting vapor and a chlorine like odor. But who know cant tell much from a picture which is not even all that clear.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join