It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange and shining vaporous rocks appear at Mexico

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Mysterious rocks that shine and emit a strange vapour have been discovered in Mexico.
The rock fragments, which were found in the state of Sonora, emit vapours that are said to have a chlorine-like odour

On Federal Highway 15, near the company Kowi, exit north of the Mexican city of Navojoa, were found strange rocks that emit vapors with chlorine odor. These vapors produce color change in materials such as paper or cardboard.
The Technical Secretary of Novojoa's Civil Defense, Juan Manuel Ramirez Sandoval commented: We don't know what are these rocks but mining companies operating in the region are interested in analyzing them in their laboratories.
Samples of the material already been sent, for example, to be examined by the metallurgical laboratory of Copper del Mayo, located in Alamos (Mexico).

The commander of the Fire Department admitted that the population is concerned about the strange vaporous rocks and their possible harmful effects to the health of people and animals and added:

We do not know where they came from these stones. They can have fallen from some truck, perhaps. We also don't know if the gas is something like a toxic substance or if the stones are radioactive. Only a careful study can determine their origin, if these rocks are of the earth... or not.

Strange.. Any ideas?

Link1
link2

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Looks like building blocks for houses.. there a a specific type of cement that look like that, don't know the name in English

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
This is very strange! I will be following this, the rocks looks so strange even without the other oddities.

The look of it reminds me of those little magnetic balls people have as an office desk toy, only these rocks are a bit more like a cross between asphalt and metal.

I wonder why they are giving off "vapors", fell of the back of a Reptilian invasion colony hatching incubation truck?

Originally posted by Spacespider
Looks like building blocks for houses.. there a a specific type of cement that look like that, don't know the name in English

"breeze block" in the UK (cinder block in the states) and yes i agree it does a bit, although darker than the bricks we get in the UK.

edit on 4-9-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
strange? its weird!! all my live time only this time i see this rock..look at the first picture..look below around the rock..its turn colour of the grass..how many of them?? very weird..is there any active volcano?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Is it possible they may be volcanic rocks? I know I've read somewhere that volcanic rocks do have gas content. Could it be that these might have been from an anomalous spot that had much denser concentrations than normal?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Its probably biohazardous waste.

I like how the locals are poking and prodding it when they have no clue what it is and its giving off a vapour.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The rock we see on the picture has the look of a manufactured item...

I'm curious as to what it really is. Surely if it was volcanic in origin, that means a volcano made itself known in very recent times, or prior to this discovery. Was it the case?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xertious
Its probably biohazardous waste.

I like how the locals are poking and prodding it when they have no clue what it is and its giving off a vapour.

make sense mr.xertious..if you find one..dont ever to touch it!!! seriously! get away dont get to close..

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
its nuclear waste mixed in concrete

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

I agree it does have a manufactured look about it, possibly some waste material like a poster above mentioned or something along cleaning, construction lines. The article didnt mention a volcanoe. Yeah im just wondering what its purpose is. I for one would'nt be touching them without knowing what they are.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SupersonicSerpent

Sarcasm, or serious? I'm hesitant to run a search for that with all the data logging these days

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

If it was volcanic wouldn't it be sulphuric smells not like chlorine? Its either man made or non terrestrial.
My money is on hazardous waste tho.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs

"breeze block" in the UK (cinder block in the states) and yes i agree it does a bit, although darker than the bricks we get in the UK.

edit on 4-9-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

So cobblestone?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nyiah

Originally posted by SupersonicSerpent

Sarcasm, or serious? I'm hesitant to run a search for that with all the data logging these days

Well it could be... that, or some kind of chemical mixed in there I'm guessing.
edit on 4-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

where do you think japan is getting rid of the fukushima mess its dumping waste in countries that dont really care,youll find them in Somalia too.

well its just a theory lol
edit on 4-9-2013 by SupersonicSerpent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Looks like this..

It can easily be formed into various shapes.. its easy to work with
Looks like the one OP linked to have been in water for some time

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Looks like this..

It can easily be formed into various shapes.. its easy to work with
Looks like the one OP linked to have been in water for some time

The OPs pic is definately NOT cinder blocks. I have worked in construction most of my life and have literally handled 10s of thousands of cinder blocks myself. Even though it does have a similar appearance to cinder blocks, the main difference is that when you break cinder blocks, they DO NOT break smoothly like the ops pic shows. Cinder blocks will always break with very sharp and jagged edges, ive even been cut by broken cinder blocks before, some of the broken edges can actually be quite sharp. I would have to agree with some of the posters when they say its prob. some sort of toxic or chemical waste product, as I have heard stories of US companies hauling waste to mexico to dump it in the desert.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Shaade

If they where thrown in the sea.. the water could transform it

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shaade
The OPs pic is definately NOT cinder blocks. I have worked in construction most of my life and have literally handled 10s of thousands of cinder blocks myself.

The pic in the OP looks like this material formed in a small container.
edit on 4-9-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

reply to post by Shaade

If they where thrown in the sea.. the water could transform it

water would cause cinder blocks to become brittle and crumble, not smooth its edges like is shown. Plus, these were not found in the ocean or even a stream, but on dry ground in Mexico. Also all the cinder blocks ive handled, NONE, not one has ever emitted a chlorine smell.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join