It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Non-Smokers Discriminate?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Smokers suck, and the stench doesn't just exist when they are smoking, that stink lasts on their clothes and mine
And if they are worried about being discriminated against, or think they are getting poor seating or bad service, then perhaps they should QUIT.

They should all be made to pick up their butts left all over the beach, streets, floors, parks, woods, sidewalks.... Why someone thinks it's okay to throw their garbage filters on the ground is beyond me. I think they all should be fined just like those that litter - they could use a little MORE equality in that sense.

I applaud all those considerate smokers that try to go easy on the rest of us and clean up their messes. Too bad there isn't more of them.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
The owner of the establishment should have control over his/her property.

I totally agree, and I am very grateful for smokers that are polite, like yourself. However, what the few smokers that continue with rude behavior and not only smoke around non-smokers, but also around children? It's much like the old saying "a few can ruin it for the rest". What if the owner of an establishment refuses to do anything about some rude smokers in their business? Is one to resort to "fist-to-cuffs" with said person?

[edit on 12-11-2004 by Jazzerman]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Another thing...

If it is always left up to the owners of a particular establishment to let people smoke in their business, then what about drinking. I have never smoked or drank anything, but in general I have no problem with people that do such things...only when they may cause potential harm to others. If no one, say, government or such, regulates smoking and drinking and leaves it up to the owners to decide and we are to have a more loose style of society (which even I would think is a good idea) then what is to stop a smoker from blowing their smoke in the face of an non-smoker or for a drinker to go drink and drive and kill people on the road?

The comparisons between most actions in life that are "choices" of the subjects being studied is one that cannot be ignored. Whether smoking, drinking, doing hard drugs, etc. there is always consequences to peoples actions as we all know. So, the final question now becomes...who is to regulate those actions?, and what if those regulations go against the majority of society?

A non-smoker like myself cannot choose to go around the path of smoke willingly when the person afflicts it upon you (in most cases, unless they are dumb, obviously), just as a non-drinker like myself cannot choose to be around a drunk driver and get killed because of there actions.

<< 1   >>

join