It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama states he DID NOT set a Red Line for Syria...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

We bombed Afghanistan for a man from Saudi Arabia who was actually in Pakistan (allegedly).
I think the plans for Syria and Libya, etc were beinh made around the same time as the plans for Iraq.

Seriouslu though I agree with pretty much all you said. We are arming our enemies, we should cut aid to all mid east. I just didn't see this as Obama trying to back out of his statement but rather trying to make it more grand.
edit on 5-9-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
You can claim this and that about line drawing.

Chemical weapons are really bad and not allowed.

Why does everyone still even have these weapons then?!?!?!?
Should that not be the main point of all this!!!?????!

the US can have these weapons...but other countries cant......

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dlbott

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by dlbott

Lol.. yeah most of us know he wasnt trying to back out of his statement (read my previous post. However your comment disgusts me. Why should we back a president that doesn't support us? He should NOT be going to Syria.

We do support our country and anuone that would say something as ignorant as what you just said does NOT support out country. If you support the president on this you do not support our country.

Wise up.
If you think we are better off than when we were with Bush then you are an absolute fool. Things are declining just the same. Hes the same as Bush and things are getting worse. You really are defending him going to war over the same lie Bush told and saying he's better in the same breath. We aren't in recovery you clown. We are in a depression, not a recession, a depression and its not getting better.

You are clueless.

edit on 4-9-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

The difference is i put my life on the line so you could have the ability and right to a different opinion. No it does not make you ignorant, no I believe that is what makes us great, because in our country we can debate and disagree.

The Bot

No, I'm sorry. I disagree. Anyone who goes to a foreign country to kill people so they can secure the oil and riches of the land is not fighting for my security here in the United States. Anyone who goes off to kill innocent people, who are of no threat to me and mine, are not fighting for my freedom either. I mean no disrespect to you personally, but you have to understand that these wars in the last decade have not been about securing freedom here in this country.

I think it is disrespectful to compare oneself to people who have fought and died for our freedom.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
LOL! Here's the front page headline from my morning newspaper...

"OBAMA: "World Set a Red LIne"

I guess when he can't take responsibility for his own words, now the rest of the world gets blamed for it.

Just another case of Obama not knowing when to keep his mouth shut and digging himself a deeper hole.

We can always say that using chemical weapons is unexcusable, but all the surrounding circumstances need to be taken into consideration too.
edit on 5-9-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

We did but at that time, to me, it feel it was justified. We had been attacked on US soil. So much disinfo has been spread about 9/11 that the mainstream person has forgotten and that is sad. Really is. This to me is Obama setting himself up so that he cannot be blamed in the upcoming 2014 elections. He can blame it on the GOP and the warhawks and almost all of them are against it. However, the media will bastardize them,. make Rand Paul look unpatriotic for not supporting the POTUS even thought the POTUS is not taking responsibility.

However, if it turns out that Syria collapses in 7 days he can then fall back on I agreed with the consensus. He is a good politician but not a good leader.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join