It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Wish Simon Cowell Would Drink Bleach

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I hate that smarmy, cocksure jerk. He always mocks people. So negative. He's not getting up there, and singing. Why is it we've imported Brits to critique us?

American Idol is pop garbage, but I find it offensive when a man just crushes a person's dreams on stage. What's the opposite of schadenfreude? Empathy, I guess. I was watching this one video, where they call this chick crazy on stage, and rile her up to the point she's crying. What if that girl went home and cut her wrists? All the while, they were playing "Psycho" strings on the violin.

So trashy. Trashier than Jerry Springer, in my opinion, even. At least Springer doesn't openly mock his guests.
No matter how crazy Springer is, he's always impartial. Simon Cowell just seems to be bringing nothing but negativity into the world.

I think it's wrong to be like Cowell. He strikes me as probably one of those people in power who are a sociopath.
Hey, Ted Bundy's original name was Theodore Robert Cowell. You think they're distant relatives? I wouldn't doubt it. Only I think Ted Bundy had better hair.

I wish Simon Cowell would drink bleach. Not that anyone would make him drink the bleach, or harm him in any way. I just wish he would atone for his sins... by drinking a gallon of bleach. He can start with shot glasses, sippy cups, anything, just if he finished the gallon, that would be great.

It would just be a really good headline...

"Simon Cowell Drinks Gallon of Bleach, Death Bed Repentence Found Written In Agonized Script."

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

Not my cup of tea but i have to ask, why do you find it offensive? Frankly, the judges that "crush dreams" are doing the contestants a favour. Most of them are completely hopeless and yet their families / friends haven't discouraged them from humiliating themselves on national TV. Really, they are to blame and not the judges for being honest with them.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

It's wrong to crush people's dreams like that. And he enjoys doing it. You can see it on his face.

He could use constructive criticism, but he's gotta be a power tripping jerk and break people down for his own amusement. He's sadistic.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
You obviously don't get the way television works. Its all about the ratings. The more controversial he can be the bigger the audience. Which means more revenue for the station as more people are watching the advertisements. So the station can charge more per advertisement. Simple. Its all about the dollar.
Having said that, he revels in his "mr. nasty" image.
Also, he tells it like he see's it. No point in glossing over a rubbish audition. Tell them straight, so they've no illusions of stardom.
I actually wish he'd be even more nasty, some of his one liners are brilliantly funny

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
It's just a shtick. It may be his personality .. or it may be just what he has invented for TV. Ya' know?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
People who cast to go onto shows like that know exactly how they are going to be treated in front of the audience and jury.

If he is acting like that on the show it is because he is paid to do so.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

Gordon Ramsey, now, he's alright. He goes out, and he helps people improve their cooking. Or something. Sometimes I doubt it. The restaurants go under anyways.

I don't give a single solitary care about ratings. People shouldn't do that to others for their entertainment. Mercilously mock them on national television?

Nobody cares about the winner of American Idol. People revel in the suffering of others because the producers and Simon Cowell encourage such sadistic and schadenfreudistic behavior.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
mate i know how you feel but he is just one person. The only power he has is that which was given to him. The guy is in the music "industry". The quoted word alone should help you understand that the person needs to be manufactured in a design that is to those choosing. If they can sense that this person wont fit their mold they'll confront the persons own humility and make sure they never attempt it again. It would be like trying to find one car salesman in a country full of shoe salesmen. It's superficial for sure and there's a cold grave for him one day so don't fret on it. I think the biggest thing i see here is people so confused as to why most culture is this way. Don't be confused! It's a pretty self consuming, co-destructive culture and by realizing it there is nothing wrong with you. You're spot on in your feelings of uneasiness and anger because you know deep down it doesn't balance out.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
he is a freemason nob end!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry

Judging by the colour of his teeth bleach is
all he drinks

Cody

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

When you're hoping for the someone on TV to drink bleach, you know it's time to change the channel. He's still on TV because people like you are watching him.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter42
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

Gordon Ramsey, now, he's alright. He goes out, and he helps people improve their cooking. Or something. Sometimes I doubt it. The restaurants go under anyways.

I don't give a single solitary care about ratings. People shouldn't do that to others for their entertainment. Mercilously mock them on national television?

Nobody cares about the winner of American Idol. People revel in the suffering of others because the producers and Simon Cowell encourage such sadistic and schadenfreudistic behavior.

Don't be so naive. Everyone who goes onto that show know exactly what their getting into. They all know what Cowell's about.
It does'nt matter that you dont care about the ratings, the television company executives sure do though.
Besides, Cowell has seen hundreds of thousands, even in the million, of auditions throughout his career.
Do you really think he should be nice when an obviously rubbish singer goes on? Who else is gonna tell these people that their a crap singer? Their friends sure as hell dont because if they did they would'nt be auditioning in the first place. In a way he is doing them a favour so they wont pursue it any further.
And im sure that whoever he mocks, is thrilled by it. Something they can tell everyone. "Simon Cowell told me i was rubbish on television. Brilliant!"

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Aphorism

Well, I changed the channel. I just hate the man, and his existence. I feel the world would be better without his negativity, polluting the world, justified only by the amoral quantified number of ratings.

That's a problem with television in general, by Cowell just exemplifies it.

Now, "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire", there's a show that I thought was okay until I realized it was just fueling the drive towards consumerism and the belief that one day, we'll all be millionaires, so we shouldn't do nothing about the powers that be.

Regis Philbin at least respected his guests on his show. Respect. Simon Cowell just doesn't have it for other people. And I have no respect for him. I have antipathy. Loathing. Thus, the desire for him to drink bleach.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
He is paid to act like that. Its TV show, sometimes people get eliminated for other reasons discussed with the production team.

TV is everything else other than what you see on it.

Man some people are crazy about reality show. Just think those people that got their dreams crushed ATLEAST got CHANCE on TV... imagine all the other people who is 500x better than those that appeared? where is their justice?

This is my friend told me after going to auditioning(never appeared on TV), "Man they don't want the decent singers, they either want a really really good one, or the really really bad ones".. that's how they make rating...

Every time you discuss how the contestant #4 should not even be on because they suck at their performance, it is because it is planned that way.
edit on 9/4/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Simon Cowell just doesn't have it for other people. And I have no respect for him. I have antipathy. Loathing. Thus, the desire for him to drink bleach.

Simon Cowell seems to have no respect, loathing and antipathy. I guess that makes you two quite alike.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I dunno, I like watching him tear people apart and watching them gradually crumble into tears or a frantic insulting rage.

He's pretty light with people who just can't sing, but the people who sound like they're been tortured get the stick, which in most cases, they need a heavy dose of reality to get off the track they're wasting time on.

If it bothers you that much, turn off the TV. You;re just lining his pockets watching it

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I just have one question: who made you the judge of anyone? If you don't like it, don't watch it. Quite frankly, I find this attitude immature and repulsive. I don't like Simon either, but I certainly wouldn't wish death upon him...let alone a horrible death like drinking bleach.
edit on 4-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Amen!

I can't stand him either.

He goes and belittles people yet what talents does he have?! None other than being a complete jerk. Jerk is even too nice but T&C's prevent me from calling what i usually call him.

I have never watched American Idol, I think it's garbage as well. The real talent is tossed aside because they don't fit in image wise. Some of the past winners were a joke and I can't fathom why they won. I only know about the show due to FB and friends who watch it and I did watch the auditions a couple times but I found myself yelling at Simon for being so mean. He is just like that Hell's Kitchen guy, can't stand him either. I would like to hit him over the head with a frying pan, cast iron one. He is just as rude and mean.

I don't know why these kinds of people have to be so degrading to people. What is it for? Ratings? Yup, that is sad. They are bullies essentially and are paid for it. No wonder there is such a big bully culture today. It's ok for grown adults to bully other adults on national tv. You can get your point across without stooping to their levels.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
1. Simon Cowell hasn't been a judge on American Idol for years.

2. It's rather obvious that his blunt, mean-spiritted opinions are neccessary otherwise everyone on the panel would just blow sunshine all over everyone. That's why, when he left, Randy got meaner.

3. He's hilarious and the show has gone downhill since he left.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
There's a magical solution that can make all of your woes go away!

Change the channel.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join