It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Typical Liberal Indoctrination Rant by College Professor Against Republicans

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

plewis51
Suspended! The college reviewed and took action.

SUSPENDED: Michigan State removes prof who went on anti-Republican tirade

I read the article and they gave him a paid vacation! Some punishment... take that you rotten professor!

Although Penn will not teach again this year, the school will continue to pay his salary, which is $146,510 according to MSU's official website, a spokesman for the university told Campus Reform on Thursday evening.
source

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I started college knowing that I'd have to deal with teachers like this, knowing the way I am I'd have to get into a few arguments with professors.
To my surprise, my first college course I ever took was taught by a free-market lovin' libertarian that took a lot of opportunities to bash Obama, liberals, and even a lot of republicans.
It was literally shocking to me. Since then I've had a few classes with teachers who I can tell are on the left, but they've never gone on any crazy political rants.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
North Carolina, South Carolina... black people tend to vote "democratic"?

I thought the whole process was democratic, and people voted for what they though was right?

So if the black people vote for Democrats, does that mean the Democrats are the right wing?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

This happens far more often than people know, at least in liberal states like Massachusetts, and probably everywhere across the country.

Just one example: When my brother was in college there was a something called "Proposition 2 1/2", which would limit how much cities could raise property taxes to 2 1/2% per year. as usual the teachers screamed that it would hurt "the children" by limiting the amount of money to schools. It also could limit state loans and grants for college students.

Every day his professors would drum into the students' heads that they better get out and vote, and get their friends to vote because if this passes their tuition would at least double.

Amazingly, it did pass (taxes were so bad in MA at that time even some liberals were sick of it), and the doom and gloom that everyone predicted never happened.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Did anyone else read this guy makes a salary of $146,510 for a freaking creative writing class? This guy reminds me of a teacher I had in college who always went on rants against anyone who didn't toe the democrat party line. He called my fraternity brothers and I typical Republicans who didn't care about anyone and that our dads are what's wrong with this country, the funny thing is he didn't even know our names or political views. I can't believe the liberal's who are sticking up for this guy saying it's not a big deal, I wonder how they would feel if the situation was reversed and a teacher went on a rant about how liberals are lazy, they think minorities can't do anything on their own, they know what's better for you, gay people are perverted, and baby killers? I know he brings up this voter ID law but isn't kind of racist to think a good amount of minorities are to poor and stupid to get a ID to vote?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

Free market of ideas is what drives a nation to be the best. Teaching like this (and teachings on the other-side of the coin) are what regress our culture, our prowess, our ideals, of being a nation that welcomes freedom and liberty.

We can all tell horror stories about one teacher or the next who utilizes a captive audience to push their agenda in an environment that was never intended, but unless we stop laughing and start standing, it will continue unchecked.

"I don't mean to offend you, but I am going to and you can't do anything about it because you need this class" is what this "professor" just stated. What a sick individual. Regardless of your political bent, you are using the opportunity of a forum in which you cannot be questioned, in which you can command and demand attention and in which you can easily dismiss and whip up a mob mentality of a lone dissenting voice if there ever was one.

That isn't freedom; that is classroom tyranny in a college setting in which we continue to profess is the beacon of free thought. Hogwash.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join