It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Typical Liberal Indoctrination Rant by College Professor Against Republicans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
This is just one more example of the liberal ideology being shoved down student's throats in college classrooms. What class subject would be "Bashing Republicans"? I never saw a course like that, but I had professors who were obviously liberal. They would slip in their judgmental comments and snide condescending remarks.

This is an example of why our young come out of college sounding like Marxists. He rants and then says, "I don't mean to offend?" Yes he does, and the other students want to be accepted so they all laugh, but apparently one or two appeared offended and were frowning. This is what our tax dollars are paying for, and frankly a lot of us are sick and tired of it. I hope he gets fired, but more than likely, he will be made dean.

edit on 4-9-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

It seems more and more the case that hate/division is being taught and accepted in schools, universities.

Teach your children to recognise it when they hear it or see it.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

During my time at University I was initially under the impression that I had stepped into an environment of political and academic freedom, where all forms of discussion were welcome. However, I later found this not to be entirely the case.

In my third and fourth years, political and religious divide began to taint the system. Partisanship and groups representing the extremes of certain issues became evermore present and I found myself unwillingly forced to take sides.

Essentially, my latter years of University was an environment of polarized issues that spurred on heated, if not violent debate.

Don't get me wrong, my university experience was not completely enveloped with these issues, but it was significant enough to have an impact on me.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Be glad he didn't start in on the GOP Health Care Plan.

edit on 4-9-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I saw this and hope as well that he is fired. Let him live the life of one of us little people. I wonder when the last time he wandered around Detriot?

I bet while he spews his filth, he also backing the attack on Syria. What a hypocrite.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Michigan State University (MSU) officials will investigate anti-Republican comments award-winning professor William Penn was secretly recorded making to his literature class on Thursday, a school spokesman told Campus Reform Tuesday evening. "At MSU it is important the classroom environment is conducive to a free exchange of ideas and is respectful of the opinions of others," Kent Cassella,an MSU spokesman wrote.

www.campusreform.org...

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
My answer to this liberal professor had I been in his class would be the truth and facts about who really gives to charity and back to their community, and that would be the conservatives he hates. I want to point out that it's not that only conservatives give, but that religious people do give.

It doesn't seem to matter what the religion is, but that if one is religious then they are trained to give including to church / place of worship and secular charity. The difference is that there are three times as many religious conservatives than religious liberals. Religious people have more children and they train them to give. It is because of this that both religious and non-religious charity is supported by the conservatives this teacher hates, demeans, and is ranting against.

This video is about the facts discovered by Arthur C. Brooks who wrote, "Who really cares" and should set the record straight:

THIS ONE SHOWS CONSERVATIVES GIVE MORE

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

That guy was a great example of having some potentially good ideas and then losing credibility by articulating them in a tactless and flippant manner.

I imagine that he and I would have a lot of common ground and would probably have some great conversations outside of that class room but his approach and bullish method of delivery does his perspective no favors.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Well Buster, his arguments weren't as intelligent as I would prefer in my professors - at the liberal arts college I went to, they may have mentioned things that appeared to be anti-conservative, but they weren't emotionally based, it was mostly just discussing facts and issues, and after open discussion,

One would come back with whatever opinion they wanted about political parties, but it would be more informed.

When I heard this guy speak, my first thought was this college doesn't seem very classy.
edit on 4-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I will agree with you.

However, these positions are not limited to just the professors. A lot of general staff, group leaders, sports staff etc. are all polarized on issues. Well, in my experience anyways.

I remember participating in two groups, "law and society" and "Politics". Both had been rife with bias and a predetermined indoctrination that seemed opposed to viewpoints counter the group norm.

Even my Hockey coach was chiming in on contentious issues.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Slightly off topic but it does relate:

During one of my first college courses I was required to submit a 2,500 word persuasive essay on any approved topic. My professor was quite the stereotypical Liberal Academic and always found a way to interject politics into every lesson even though this was a writing class.

I was fresh out of 8 years in the military and it’d been less than a year since my deployment to Iraq. I was quite aware of his dislike for me….he wasn’t shy about it. I decided I would do my essay on “Why George Bush was a great President”.

Long story short, he gave me a poor grade citing that “He wasn’t persuaded”. I took it to review with the University administration. I told them about his bias and constant political lectures and they allowed me to drop the class and retake it with a different professor. I aced it the next semester ultimately graduated with a 3.66 (not the greatest but great for me).

These types of people are in every University. Unfortunately, I don’t see an end in sight. They formulated this plan decades ago to win hearts and minds through indoctrination beginning in early childhood through the public educational system. Fortunately I was an adult when I attended college. I can see how young minds can easily be manipulated by the constant barrage.

edit on 4-9-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Ok, I found another one when i searched for "Liberal Rants in College" on youtube. I would love to see Conservative rants in college, and will have to look for some.... find some professors bashing liberals in college please, here is this outrageous professor making his opinions known to lil heads full of mush:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I know. Isn't it funny how educated people who aren't rich or own corporations seem to tend to be on the liberal side. Of course Fox News and company would deny it but it is true. That's why colleges are "liberal" you know. Too smart and poor to vote republican.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

I know. Isn't it funny how educated people who aren't rich or own corporations seem to tend to be on the liberal side.

You mean “indoctrinated” not “educated” people tend to lean left.

If they were truly educated rather than parroting what they’ve been indoctrinated to believe wouldn’t they be rich and/or own corporations of their own?

Of course Fox News and company would deny it but it is true. That's why colleges are "liberal" you know. Too smart and poor to vote republican.
Last time I checked, the southern states vote predominantly Republican. Are most people in southern states dumb and rich?

edit on 5-9-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
More proof of liberal professors indoctrinating students.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Here was one conservative professors response to a liberal professors comments:

This is what our tax dollars are supporting. This is what our children are being taught, and we wonder why our nation is falling apart? How do these professors even show their face in public teaching this crap?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Suspended! The college reviewed and took action.

SUSPENDED: Michigan State removes prof who went on anti-Republican tirade

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

We just has a major college president, head guy, get forced out for making a joke about Catholics going to church on Sunday and living like hell the rest of the week. And just listen to this guy will you.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Nothing he said seemed to be false...so what's the issue?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by plewis51
Suspended! The college reviewed and took action.

SUSPENDED: Michigan State removes prof who went on anti-Republican tirade

Best news I've heard all day!!! Thank you!

I needed some good news with all of this Syria talk going on 24/7 all damn week long.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join