It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Missile Cruiser "Moskva" with Destroyers And Frigates heads for Syria

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

If the russians proceed to engage , Nimitz and Truman will be sunk by russian subs in combination with a rain of sunburns and landbased missiles (models) mentioned in my earlier posts.

And yes, if someone tries to attack moscow then we are all dead. That includes you too btw.And your kids and rest of family and friends.

I am not pro russian or pro american. Both are equally corrupt. I am just realistic of the most probable outcome, should Obama, Chuck Hagel and Kerry start a war with Syria, hitting russian ships and personel while trying to take out Syrian targets.

Mistakes, and very costly ones, are made in all wars or are you stupid enough to believe anything else?

edit on 4-9-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Apparently Info Wars says Nuclear War Heads were being moved from a US base.

However I don't trust the legitimacy of the sources by info wars could anyone shed some light on this?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
All they would need to is cripple a modern day carrier, not sink it. Do we really think there are no Russian subs out there now? Folks...this is planned and we are along for the ride. Only other concern is who they will need to fight this war. With good old Charlie Rangel talking about the draft again as always we may have an answer.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

And where are the Russian subs? They would have to come from the Black Sea Fleet, which means they'd have to get through the Med and all the way around to where the carriers are without being detected. They're not that good, they every one if them could do it and once one is caught the game is up.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by matafuchs
All they would need to is cripple a modern day carrier, not sink it. Do we really think there are no Russian subs out there now? Folks...this is planned and we are along for the ride. Only other concern is who they will need to fight this war. With good old Charlie Rangel talking about the draft again as always we may have an answer.

You will see the pro war knuckle heads and rednecks coming out from the woods believing we could win a conflict with russia.

These are the guys, the cannon fodder, generals loves beyond anything else. These cromags, enables the elite to have their precious little wars that can erase all mankind in one day, if needed.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

You are good Zappy, but you forget yourself. The russians are the best chess players and strategic thinkers. Don´t you think they saw this probable conflict brew a long time ago, perhaps 6 months back at least, and don´t you think they have subs alreay on mission in the MED?

Think man, and cease that "whoaaa we are best style" You are better than that.

Respect

JC

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I always laugh when people think they are invincible...........Do they remember this....

The uninvited guest

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Russian sub deployments though don't last nearly as long as American deployments. They've never been able to stay out longer than a couple of months between maintenance and crew i issues. Given the state of the current Russian military, which even Russian commanders say is poor, even if they did see this coming months ago they would have to rotate subs through the region fairly often. The carrier group has constant ASW patrols going on around them, and would have to miss every single one of these rotations as they happen. That means that either the US ASW program is utterly pathetic, or Russian equipment has suddenly jumped decades ahead of where it has been.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ken10

I always laugh when people think they are invincible...........Do they remember this....

The uninvited guest

Good one. I too laughed that day...Those arrogant as.holes always think they are invincible behind their leathal toys. They are just high on testosteron flooding their system, making them see rivals in need of annihilation everywhere

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

The US is far from invincible, but if you listen to ATS Russian equipment is years beyond where it really is and they never suffered the collapse they did.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Well time will tell. Right now we are surely heading towards a confrontation, and Putin will not blink before Obama.

I just hope Putin loves life more than Obama. Imagine him stopping all this madness and getting a peace prize in Oslo next year. Man I would laugh myself to death over the absurdity.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I think that this is more of a throwback to gunboat diplomacy, played by both sides. Not really seen since the Cuban crisis.

I don't think that it will come to blows between Russia and the U.S.

The U.S. economy is defunct and I don't think Russia’s economy has recovered enough either to play such high stakes.

But I think that the players within the region will keep egging 'em on though.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter

Well time will tell. Right now we are surely heading towards a confrontation, and Putin will not blink before Obama.

I just hope Putin loves life more than Obama. Imagine him stopping all this madness and getting a peace prize in Oslo next year. Man I would laugh myself to death over the absurdity.

That would be ironic, wouldn't it? If Obama blinks, which I think he is to narcissitc to do, he (along with the U.S.) will lose any credibilty we have.

It'll be the '70's all over again.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by ken10

The US is far from invincible, but if you listen to ATS Russian equipment is years beyond where it really is and they never suffered the collapse they did.

International Monetary Fund and the World Bank. The country has an abundance of natural resources, including timber, precious metals, and particularly fossil fuels (oil, natural gas, and coal) that can be developed without the constraint of OPEC production quotas and other rules.

In recent years, Russia's oil and gas production and pipeline projects have been not only a primary source of Russia's economic growth, but also a geostrategic lever in the country's relationship with Europe and Asia.
Since the collapse of the Soviet Union,

Russia has undergone significant changes, moving from a centrally planned economy to a more market-based and globally integrated economy. Economic reforms in the 1990s privatized many sectors of industry and agriculture, with notable exceptions in the energy and defense-related sectors. Nonetheless, the rapid privatization process, including a much criticized "loans-for-shares" scheme that turned over major state-owned firms to politically connected "oligarchs", has left equity ownership highly concentrated.

As of 2011, Russia's capital, Moscow, had the highest number of billionaires of any city in the world.
In late 2008 and early 2009, Russia experienced the first recession after 10 years of experiencing a rising economy, until stable growth resumed in late 2009 and 2010.

Despite the deep but brief recession, the economy has not been as seriously affected by the global financial crisis, largely because of the integration of short-term macroeconomic policies that helped the economy survive, as well as low levels of sovereign debt. The Russian Government predicts stable growth rates for future years at around 3.4% of GDP.

source

GDP
$ 3.380 Trillion (2012 WB[6]) (PPP; 5th)

GDP growth 3.4% (2012) [7] (1.4% Jan-Jul. 2013)

GDP per capita
$ 14,247 2012 (nominal; 47th) $ 17698 (PPP; 55th) (2012 IMF)

And considering the new gasfields and diamond fields in siberia I say Putin has no worries ahead.

And did I mention, the russkies have no real national debt to speak of. Not even a fraction in size compared to ours.

Me thinks they are on a nice path to a Super Russia by 2020 and me thinks Obama and his CFR cronies knows this and cannot stand it.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
You will see the pro war knuckle heads and rednecks coming out from the woods believing we could win a conflict with russia.

Is that kind of like pro war knuckle heads and rednecks coming out of the woods believing Russia could win a conflict with the U.S?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555

Is that kind of like pro war knuckle heads and rednecks coming out of the woods believing Russia could win a conflict with the U.S?

In an all out conflict between Russia and USSA we are all loosers. You can take that to the bank.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555

Yeah, MAD innit.......

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

And the Russian military collapsed, along with their production capability. If you really look into their military status you will see that they are still years away from being the threat they were during the Cold War. Just because they didn't have a recession like other countries doesn't mean that they are still the military powerhouse they once were.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

And the Russian military collapsed, along with their production capability. If you really look into their military status you will see that they are still years away from being the threat they were during the Cold War. Just because they didn't have a recession like other countries doesn't mean that they are still the military powerhouse they once were.

What I am trying to tell you Zappy, and what you seem to have certain problems understanding, is that the russkies , like us, have sufficent fire power to annihilate all life on earth many times over. Or did you think a military high level confrontation at sea would stay there and not spread to the rest of the world, when we and the russkies lock horns and fight to the death?

Wake up Zappy!!!

Anyone of us or them taking things a smudge too far and we all go.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I have abetter grasp on that than a lot of people do. But what does that have to do with the Russians sneaking subs into the Gulf after our carriers? IF this were to become a fight between the US and Russia it's not going to go nuclear.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join