It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can one earn a living within the UFOLOGY field?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
1. Start writing a book for starters... Perhaps with eye witness accounts etc....

2. Create your own website, and further down the line when it flourishes, companies will pay you to put up their advertising.

3. Do any type of media interviews.

There's a start
. Good luck!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
What about a kind of "encyclopaedia" of UFO sightings/experiences?? Minimum work, you could just get it from other sources and if you're already into UFOlogy then you'll have a good idea of what you can put in it

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Jchristopher5

pitch a tv show to some lame cable network,call yourself a UFO oligist,film every light in the sky

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
content is king, via web or books produce something of value that either you can get ad cash from or sell things etc from. pretty simple....

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
To be honest to be in the UFO field you either have to be a dishonest person, or a person with a big imagination and a lot of ignorance.

TPOM for example are dishonest in their quest to "find the truth"....they want money, and fame.
People on here who post are mostly ignorant, as in, dont want money but they cannot identify a known object. Fast moving bug...UFO....bird in the distance...UFO...plane with the sun reflecting...UFO, you get my point.

Ive seen things that i thought i couldnt explain, until...i researched it a bit more. Every UFO video i have ever watched has been either a combination of bad camera work and a known object, CGI, camera glitch ie ccd overload, bad pixels etc, or people blatantly hoaxing using glass and lights or other methods to fool the viewer.

I cant see an honest way to make money from a lie to be honest??

Its people like me that should research this field, people who arent influenced by a belief or faith. People who can spot bs from 100 yards, people who dont just assume and people who dont only use UFO sites as research material. That is why, science isnt really interested in the subject, its a waste of time, money and resources that could be better used looking at things we know exist.
edit on 4-9-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Create a dedicated WEB community to the topic, start a non profit for donations and dedicated to investigation, produce content and join the academia in areas that go in parallel to have access to grants, and publish papers and books on the subject. If you get a good reputation you can also engage in paid conferences.

I only ask that you commit to put facts and truth above mislabeled speculation, you can even publish that under science fiction.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Great question! Wouldn't that be soo cool? To actually work at your true passion? Instead so many trudge to a job of little satisfaction. Or perhaps it's simply an adjustment of in my own perception? Hmm . I think the latter.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Nick Pope was featured on this site's "Ask me Anything" last week.

If you want to find his exact words, you'll need to read the thread (search Nick Pope), but to paraphrase what I recall, it was something like "anybody who thinks you can make a living in the UFO circuit, doesn't know the UFO circuit".

You can see his website here:

nickpope.net...

Note he offers his services as a paid spokesperson, writes science fiction books in addition to UFO books, consistent with his implication that UFOlogy alone won't earn a good living, and he's someone with pretty good credentials.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Don't think most people could ever earn a living in a field that is about spreading awareness. Its not about earning money.

Whoever posted about video's above, you don't make money off of a video either.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Don't think most people could ever earn a living in a field that is about spreading awareness. Its not about earning money.

I don't think it's awareness that the successful ones are spreading.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Ask Steven Greer, he's made thousands from ufology

edit on 9/4/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

stole my thunder, i was going to post that and say,

When you can charge 50+ people, 200 bucks + ahead and convince them that they are looking at a invisible space craft. and then make them think that they are touring the inside, Now that's making a living
edit on 5-9-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

ETA:
for those who don't know what i'm talking about. here's a youtube video check out all these people who paid to see this horse Sh@@

edit on 5-9-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Use poor quality equipment & technique to video known objects claim they are ufo's, then once you have a reputation do what the other big names do make outrageous BS claims about things they can't prove, now your fan base will have increased again then you can think about your seminar tour don't forget to have started your book and dvd by that point,

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I think Richard Dolan may be making the most money, and honestly, at UFO research. I presume you've read his books, and he is frequently on the lecture circuit also.

He's expanding his publishing company now to some other topics by other authors and he's actually teaching a course in UFO history.

Unless you can manage to get abducted, get pictures and live to tell about it, I would recommend combining UFOs with science fiction if you have the imagination and writing skills. Dolan's concept of 'breakaway civilization' has a lot of possibilities in simply imagining what may be going on outside of our public knowledge.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

Originally posted by Unity_99

I don't think it's awareness that the successful ones are spreading.

As an experiencer all my life and pushed inside to share no matter how much suppression and religion, and nwo and schizo talk is generated by sharing the truth, its about awareness.

I was woken up via the sitings and contact we had, especially one of my son's and myself, though the others also witnessed the crafts, and we need to pass the tests here and not come back, be aware of all those in the world less fortunate, lend a helping hand, care about others, overcome all anger and reactions, and greed, so that you can leave hell behind, or its metaphoric equivalent.

We all have family, every person on earth is an experiencer without knowing it, some are aware. Its like the opposite sides on each shoulder, the good and the bad, your family and team, and the other side working to lower everyones frequency and gain permissions and access to people and earth.

Its ALL ABOUT AWARENESS and beginning the journey and looking up, going within and asking questions. Reporting for duty, How can I help? to the Good up there, to your own Soul/Higher Self, To God/Goodness and the Good Family, whatever you believe in, basically the Highest Love and Goodness in existence. And getting on task.

We all were meant to do things and overcome faults that hold us back, and here is the work. Its like a giant practicum after much training. And we're letting terrible things happen and buying into all the programming the other side has to hold back our progression.

Yeah they wake you up.

A little hint, don't like most of the established ufologists, for they're often cia types or mossad.

James Gilliand I do like. Sleeper, Lou Baldin's info I like minus his conservative view points. Inequality gets you no where. To the Higher Ups, the greatest is the least here, and those who go to the front of the lineup, will be sent to the end. And that was told me by an angel ET, very tall woman in blue form fitting uniform.

The truth isn't conservative, its far out there actually, mind boggling.
edit on 7-9-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Unity_99

Clearly you don't know how the internet works if you think these videos are uploaded for no financial benefit. Youtube, Liveleak, Break, Vimeo etc all have methods to pay uploaders for their content. Youtube is the easiest to get up and running, and is the place where you get most views, which equate to most cash.

I make money from youtube, have done for years now. Youtube is very lucrative, i wont go into what i earn but lets say i can earn more in a week than most people working a 40hr month.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

If some are making money, then I would hazard a guess that the ones who are making the most are the most suspicious. Because most people don't really know what ufology is like, and they tend to buy into things that are far too conservative, when its mind boggling, spiritual, and the ones with the more unusual cases, often new agey, often overlooked, they have the real markers. The others, well there is a co-op military program, but they're mainly bad guys. There is your conservative group.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
My suggestion is you find a topic you want to concentrate on and stay on that topic. Ufology is a wilderness of mirrors and it is easy to find yourself drowning in a swamp of claptrap, etc. I, for example, stick to "nuts and bolts investigations" and it appears the topic has gained lots of interest. Second, visit as many UFO conferences and meetings in your area and introduce yourself to the UFO community. Sooner or later, someone will ask you to come speak and they will pay you a small fee. Lastly, try to write a book or magazine article to get your name out there.

In the past two years I have written a book (Aerial Phenomena, on Amazon); produced and directed a documentary on Area 51; and was a guest expert on Unsealed, The SyFy Channel and now working with National Geographic on a new UFO show for next year. I have to stress, however, that all the above have paid very little money. And, 100% of the money I was paid went directly to my team (equipment, travel funds, etc). In short, I used every penny for my team and I pocketed no money for myself.

Hope the best for you guys.

Antonio Paris
Director and Founder
Aerial Phenomena

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join