It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God does exist.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
These two statements are so convoluted that I cannot even begin to fathom your stance in relation to them. ...unless I'm much mistaken, you are a Christian, are you not? You are religious. So how is it you know anything about the truth, by what you just said?

POT...KETTLE...BLACK...

Science - The Illuminati Religion and Mind Control Tool for the Masses

Religion just like Science is used to deceive.

FYI, God HATES Religion.

Satan is the author of religion, NOT God.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightOrange

Originally posted by alienreality

I know God exists, and my IQ is 140

Oh thank Heavens.

Since you know -- and have an IQ of 140, so I can assume you are aware of what knowledge is -- I guess it shouldn't be so hard for you to prove it. Or did you mean believe? I think you meant believe.

Saying you know and don't actually possess any knowledge would display a massive arrogance. Arrogance is not very Christian from what I've heard.
edit on 4-9-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

Let's look at a little variation of Schrodinger's kitty only in this one, the cat truly is in one state and not the other.

You see a cat jump into a box. You know the cat is in there and you know it because that box never left your presence. You have known this for the 8 hours you have spent in the same room as the cat. Now, what you didn't know is that somebody removed that cat through a trap door under the box. Does that mean you didn't "know" the cat was in there?

No, you did know it. You may have been wrong but you knew it.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by Bone75

Originally posted by Gumerk
My question would be, before Science explains the processes of nature and planet earth, is who/what put this process or simulation in motion? Before the first spin of the axis or the hot and cold air mixing, who/what/when/how was it all put into motion?

Didn't they tell you? Somewhere in the middle of nothing there was this little speck of nothing that somehow had infinite mass and density. Then it got so sick of being alone in the middle of nowhere that it decided to blow itself up and presto! Here we are.

Couldn't you just reconcile the two beliefs and say that your god is that little speck of infinite mass and density?

Seems like that would make everybody satisfied.

How about just saying "I don't know" or "we don't know" and leave it at that..

There is much to be said for "I don't know". It's simple, honest and liberating. It's the beginning of wisdom...

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Then why doesn't your imaginary sky daddy just tell us that? Im sure you have a magic book or he whispers in your ear....

Why let all these people suffer and die so senselessly? Oh I remember now, we are just his playthings!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackSunApocalypse

Only believe half of what you see. The universe is looking at you and wondering as well!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

The reason for all the crap in the world is because people have determined that God does not exist. God does exist, and he created EVERYTHING by speaking it into existence.

well, i guess the black plague targeted the pagans during the 14th century. I guess the crusades never happened because why would anyone who believe in god slaughter his fellow man. You are assigning a negative context to this era because you perceive it to be of less moral virtue than ages past; however, nothing happening today is any different from the rest of recorded human history regardless of religious statistics.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Or learn to integrate your third eye into your sight. Then you may see more!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LABTECH767

Life on a planet at the right distance from the sun is it a coincidence,
The moon is just at the right distance to create a cone of shadow and perfectly occlude the sun from on given area during an eclipse and looks to our eyes to be the same size is it a coincidence,
As was pointed out by another thread the moon squares the earth, here is a page as I don't remember that page on ATS but it was only last week, www.constructingtheuniverse.com...
Is this a coincidence or is the moon perfectly calibrated and placed into a perfect position.

Is god there, I certainly believe so but can we convince those that don't.

And the ATS thread completely debunks the idea that the moon is in a perfect position. The habital zone for life on a planet is actually very large. There are several planets that have been found in that same range around other solar systems by NASA. Its not an uncommon occurrence so it is not just a one time coincidence.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightOrange

I know God exists, and my IQ is 140

Oh thank Heavens.

Since you know -- and have an IQ of 140, so I can assume you are aware of what knowledge is -- I guess it shouldn't be so hard for you to prove it. Or did you mean believe? I think you meant believe.

Saying you know and don't actually possess any knowledge would display a massive arrogance. Arrogance is not very Christian from what I've heard.
edit on 4-9-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

You simply are not grasping what I have said in prior posts, nor have you read carefully what I have said... And you think that the Lord is always invisible and never interacts with human beings, right? You are so wrong if you think this.

When I say I know something personally, doesn't require that I have proof, because I already have it for myself and know what happened to me. Like walking in the desert and tripping over a log. I know it happened as personal knowledge. I don't need proof because I already have the knowledge that it happened to me. See how that works? When I tell my friends I tripped over a log, they believe me and accept my testimony as proof that it happened.

I said before that I KNOW God exists, not believe. I used to only believe it by faith alone. But during that time I still knew in my heart that God and Christ exist. But I was not 100% sure. Meaning I always had a tinge of doubt.

(What I am revealing here has never been told to anyone in this detail ever in my life until now. It is the truth, but it is only testimony, there is no proof as you ask for, just my honest revelation of what happened to me in March of 1997.)

And then one day the Lord came to me and took me in spirit away from here to talk to me. I was flooded with the Holy Spirit in absolute knowing exactly what was happening. This happened at a time when I was feeling extreme sadness about some family things and I cried to myself a little bit. I was also praying to the Lord at that moment, Then suddenly I felt a very powerful presence in my home, right beside me.

I could feel the presence of the Lord with me, and so I spoke aloud and said "Lord? , Lord?" Upon saying Lord that second time was when a rush of wind like sound happened, and then I was not in my room anymore. I was amazed all this time and trying to believe it, even though it was already happening, but I was not afraid, just in awe about the whole thing.

He said to me that my great love for him was very en-heartening in these trying times. He was very happy and friendly to me and never said anything at all about all the bad things I have done in my lifetime. I was sure thinking about them though. And feeling pretty sorry for those things because I was actually in the presence of Him, the almighty himself.

He then asked me if I wanted to have a place in his kingdom, and I told him that I definitely do. He then told me to tell others about his great love for them, and to be honest, when he said this to me I was worried a bit because everyone knows how difficult it is to tell other people about Christ and God. (even atheists understand this, everyone knows it. There is hardcore anger, and mocking and all kinds of unpalatable things related to witnessing for God.

At this point I just asked him if he would teach me everything I need to know and he said while smiling a very happy and enthusiastic "Yes" I then told him "Thank you for your great kindness to me Lord" and I could feel that it was time to go. Like a rush of wind, I was back in my room at home.

I was really quite stunned at what had just happened, and I can tell you truthfully that I was greatly affected by this and overwhelmed by it.. In that other place where the Lord was, was so peaceful and serene, without even the slightest worries. And then to be thrust back here in the physical world is really quite a shock.
there is no proof I can offer, but the knowledge of this incident is with me forever, I personally know it happened, and I know it is all true and not just some dream. God has saved me from death a few times since this vision happened. I

For seven days after this event happened I could also hear angels singing, and I could sing songs in my head to the Lord and all the words and music was just there for me instantly like poetry on tap.. Pretty amazing.. I can still do it a little bit sometimes, but nothing at all like back then after it happened.

I am sorry I can't offer proof, but it is my honest and true story.
I pray that anyone reading this that doesn't believe, but has a sliver of hope in their heart for it to be true, will just give God the benefit of the doubt and pray for a sign that he exists, and maybe he will let you see one. Just don't make that a condition of your willingness to believe in him. I can tell you 100% he exists.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nacirema

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
This is why aliens fly straight past our planet...

LOL

I have to say this is has to be my favorite quote and quote of a quote I've read on this site in a long time (combined with the quote from George Carlin). It's very hard not to be a complete sarcastic a** in this thread, since you can't take seriously what my third grader could sit down and debunk from his science classes.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Double post >

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander

Originally posted by BlackSunApocalypse
I would like anyone to try answering these questions.... Where does the wind come from? Who put the wind in motion? Who put the seasons in motion? Who put the planets in motion? Who created the water? Can scientist create water? Who gave humans eyes to see? Where does wisdom reside? Where does knowledge come from?

Who created disease? Who created murderers? Thieves? Child molesters?

First the earth cooled, and then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and fat, and so they all died and turned in to oil. . and then disease formed in all that ooze.. erm, God created people whom some of them made the CHOICE to become murderers and thieves and molesters.. And people are still making their personal choice to be all kinds of assclowns to this day./ So sad...

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander
Who created disease? Who created murderers? Thieves? Child molesters?

God created people whom some of them made the CHOICE to become murderers and thieves and molesters.. And people are still making their personal choice to be all kinds of assclowns to this day./ So sad...

But if god is all-knowing, all-seeing then he can see the future. Those people he made, he knew some of them would become murderers and thieves and molesters, and yet he still went ahead and made them.

So is he evil?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
No man has put the WIND in motion, that's my point, and if the universe thrives on perpetual motion, where is it's starting point? What is the shape of the universe we live in? Is it spherical? None of these questions can be answered by scientist. Where does knowledge come from? Knowledge has always been available, nobody on earth currently "possesses" knowledge. Can scientists create water? No they can't, the H20 formula is incomplete. 2 hydrogen atoms and 1 oxygen, the element fire is missing.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Scientists are limited in their scope of knowledge, and they die limited, what's worse, they don't know where they are going after death, and someone who doesn't know where they're going are blind. If they even as much shed light on question the meaning of life and death, they'd come to the conclusion how terribly ignorant they are.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

Sorry, my mistake. What you meant to say then is that you think you know -- not that you know for certain. Nobody knows for certain, sorry. I've had some pretty traumatic stuff happen in my life pertaining to my family and my faith in my adolescent years. Why did God come to you and not to me?

I wasn't hallucinating, I guess. My guess would be you passed out on the couch or something.

Things like this you can never be certain about, don't be intellectually dishonest with yourself.

How to Hallucinate Without Drugs

Sorry, but an anecdote isn't going to convince me to drink the Kool-Aid. People of all different faiths claim to have visions an such. My father claimed to have a vision of an angel by his bed when I was very young. In his later years he admitted that he made it up to have a story to tell the others at the church so that he could fit into the group. That's pretty much all of the explanation I'm going to bother digging up for you beyond the hallucination theory, which is probable.
edit on 5-9-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackSunApocalypse
if the universe thrives on perpetual motion

It doesn't. No system is lossless. The orbits of the planets, and of the stars themselves may seem stable, we may call them stable but everything eventually degrades, one way or the other.

What is the shape of the universe we live in? Is it spherical? None of these questions can be answered by scientist.

An astrophysicist would say it was flat.

Where does knowledge come from? Knowledge has always been available, nobody on earth currently "possesses" knowledge.

To misquote Arthur Dent again, "This is obviously some strange usage of the word "knowledge" that I wasn't previously aware of."

Can scientists create water? No they can't, the H20 formula is incomplete. 2 hydrogen atoms and 1 oxygen, the element fire is missing.

It's not incomplete at all. There is this thing called valency. Have a look at a periodic table someday. Different elements have different numbers of electrons in their outer shells. This effects their bonding properties - how many atoms of this element are required to acheive a stable valency when bonded with this other element. There are 2 hydrogen atoms per oxygen, because this makes for a stable number of electrons in the outer shells of the final molecule.

The bit about the element of fire missing? Yeah that kind of thinking went out with the ancient greeks I think. We've moved on a little since then.

You say scientists can't answer these questions, but that is clearly (clearly to almost everyone reading this thread) not true. This is an argument from personal ignorance.

Not only does it not impress anyone. It just makes you look silly.
edit on 5-9-2013 by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing because: No scientist can explain the reason for this edit so it must be god![

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
So you're saying the universe isn't in perpetual motion? Of course it is. Scientists don't have the technology to probe the heights and depths of the universe. What can they know? And NO. Scientist CANNOT create water. I just told you, the element fire is missing. What scientists have are elements already made available to them. Who created the elements they use to put things together?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

I just told you, the element fire is missing.

Fire is not an element.
Nor is earth.
Nor is wind.

Each is composed of elements in various combinations.
edit on 9/5/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Everything eventually degrades? Have you ever in your lifetime seen the sun degrade? Or do you just believe so?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join