It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God does exist.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackSunApocalypse
I would like anyone to try answering these questions.... Where does the wind come from? Who put the wind in motion? Who put the seasons in motion? Who put the planets in motion? Who created the water? Can scientist create water? Who gave humans eyes to see? Where does wisdom reside? Where does knowledge come from?

I've created water.... So have many scientists, in fact every rocket launch that shoves a big middle finger in gods face creates water. You see when you burn hydrogen in oxygen you get lots of heat, and TADA water. It's simple science really, but god thinks science is a sin.

The wind, is a product of a few things, one being the sun heating the planet, and as we turn away from the sun the planet cools. This causes movement in the air, as well the moon actually plays a pretty big role.

The planets are in motion due to their interaction with the sun and it's gravity, the suns movement is due to it's interaction with other stars, and the black hole at the center of our galaxy, our galaxies movements are based off of their interaction with other galaxies. Thus the tangled web of the universe. So many single things, acting and interacting as one.

Human eyes evolved over time. Our eyes are different than many creatures eyes, but many years of not wanting to be eaten by giant arthropods basically evolved eyes in the earliest life.

Knowledge is a product of life. We act, we experience, we learn, we acquire knowledge.

Didn't happen in a day friend.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by bloodreviara
Yes i truly with all my heart hope a god that murdered his own son
and everyone on the planet once and plans to do it again is real.

With that much love in his heart i bet being in his so called grace
will just be wonderful.....

Play around with chakras and meditation and you will find out what grace is like.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
reply to post by alienreality

This is confusing to me. Someone who rejects God and/or Jesus generally doesn't believe in them. Meanwhile this same person says they love all and everything yet you label their love as conditional. How is it conditional love to not love something you don't believe in? I can just as easily say that there is a giant heart that exists at the center of our planet that loves everyone (it being a heart and all), you obviously would look at this belief as ridiculous and not believe and therefore not love the giant heart in return. However according to your definition of unconditional love, you are no longing practicing it.

When you first posed this question, it wasn't stated that you or they didn't believe in them, so if that is true then love doesn't come in to it because God doesn't exist to you or them, right? So if you don't believe, then why even add that into the equation? Love isn't conditional in this instance since the person doesn't even believe in God.. So, if they don't believe in God, then there is no need to add it into the issue of conditional/unconditional.. It is irrelevant to that person..
I'm still not completely sure if I understand what your meaning is
Trying though..

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

So they interfered with your free will? Well that just means the bible is false. No biggie.

What? No one interfered with my freewill at all.. Please explain to me why you thought this?

Thanks

PS: It seems to me you are trying to twist something here so it conforms to what you wish/hope is true.. This just looks defeatist to me and a cop out sort of attitude This won't get you very far doing that all the time, but I'm sure you know that deep down..
edit on 4-9-2013 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

It's simple LOGIC. If there are people more intelligent than you on the vertical pole of intelligence, there must be someone who knows all things.

wow...now there's a scientist.

By that logic...why stop at God...there could be someone even smarter than God.

Depends on you definition of god. With a certain definition of god, god will be Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Omniscient and Omnibenevolent. And that definition is called Jehovah by some that means "the existing one". If there is some god/awareness that know less than god/awareness then it is not Omniscient is it?

And I am a believer of a source behind all science and religions not the Christian faith as told by priests who do not seek.
edit on 4-9-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I am a believer in God. Moreover, I identify myself as a Christian. I suspect that will bring howls of derision my way, as is customary for ATS. I await the modern day Herodias exclaiming, "Bring me the head of Spectral Norm!" So be it. Nevertheless, OP, I find your argumentation to be something of an embarrassment. For example, as many have pointed out before me, it is quite possible to create water, the combustion of hydrogen is one possibility, if modern chemistry is to be believed, and I think that there is sufficient reason to believe that it should.

What you have written is a rather simplistic rehash of the teleological argument. This ground was covered in the thirteenth century by St. Thomas Aquinas, in a book he wrote entitled Summa Theologica. I encourage you to have a look at it. You nonbelievers may want to skip it, unless you are in need of something to ridicule.

As far as proofs of God go, the most disingenuous remark that I have heard (and I hear this quite frequently, for some reason) goes something like this, "I would believe in God if only I had proof." This is pure self-serving balderdash. Having already made one's decision a priori, there is no conceivable state of affairs that would be accepted as said proof. Any such state of affairs presented would be dismissed on the premise that it has a secular explanation, even if one doesn't know what it is.

For example, even if God were to come up and shake one's hand and say, "Hi, I'm God," and then perform a few miracles, like feeding 5000 people with a few loaves of bread and some fish, the nonbeliever would still say, "No, no. this is all just a trick. He had the extra bread in his sleeve the whole time."
edit on 4-9-2013 by Spectral Norm because: correct factual error and eliminate excess punctuation

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Do you think it is possible to reject both "God" and Jesus and still be a loving, kind, compassionate human being? Please explain the full reasoning for your answer.
edit on 4-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

In my opinion, I would say no, because to embrace love means NOT rejecting those who love you. Of course a person can reject someone and still go on living and showing compassion and loving others, but by rejecting someone or anyone is putting conditions on how you love, which is wrong to do.

I know God and Christ both love all people without any conditions at all, and this is how we should strive to be..

Thanks for your reply,

AR

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’ 44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’ 45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’ 46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Jesus had his temper also

And I would not call it unconditional love since they have created a duality between this place and the next. And a good thing that there is a duality since some of the souls here would have destroyed everything on the next stage if they where allowed there with their hate/limited understanding.

I would say unlimited patience is what god and any blessed one represents for me even if some of them have bad days sometimes. No soul lost in the end.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox
Perhaps you can solve this great mystery.

Why does everyone who says "god exists" seemingly turn out to have the IQ of a first grader?

I know God exists, and my IQ is 140, and there are millions of other people who believe in God and they have above average Intelligence, so I think your perception of believers is definitely faulty..

Another thing I am seeing is a tinge of overconfident self pride in many of those who don't believe, and sometimes the same qualities in those who DO believe.

Also, most all first graders don't have the emotional imbalances like people who argue that there is no God. I have found that most people who are most vocal about claiming there is no God, also have zero humility and are overly self confident, but showing displays of close mindedness just for starters...

To be fair though, many who do believe in God can be sometimes quite overzealous, for one example, look at extremist Muslims who are so confident that they are favored by God, and they think God wants them to kill people, and they even believe they are doing God a favor

And many fundamentalist Christians think the earth was created 6000 years ago and suchlike..Many of them are quite overconfident about these things for many different reasons, but in 100% of many believers and non believers, the driving force behind their non flexibility in what they think they know is driven by EMOTIONS.. Faulty emotions..

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
My question would be, before Science explains the processes of nature and planet earth, is who/what put this process or simulation in motion? Before the first spin of the axis or the hot and cold air mixing, who/what/when/how was it all put into motion?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I know God exists,

No you don't.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I know God exists,

No you don't.

Yes I absolutely do know.. How can you presume to tell another person what they know or don't know?

Your ignorance is quite amusing. Thank you for giving my evening a little boost

I also know that God loves you a lot.. I do too, I think you are a very cute human spirit

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
It's simple science really, but god thinks science is a sin.

Gee I wonder why? Thanks to science there are men who could kill all of us with the push of a button.

but many years of not wanting to be eaten by giant arthropods basically evolved eyes in the earliest life.

Are you saying the earliest life forms "willed" their ability to see? How does that make sense?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gumerk
My question would be, before Science explains the processes of nature and planet earth, is who/what put this process or simulation in motion? Before the first spin of the axis or the hot and cold air mixing, who/what/when/how was it all put into motion?

Didn't they tell you? Somewhere in the middle of nothing there was this little speck of nothing that somehow had infinite mass and density. Then it got so sick of being alone in the middle of nowhere that it decided to blow itself up and presto! Here we are.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by KaelemJames

You say "definitely not God" who created water, and throwing Genesis 1:2 in your post as a closer. You missed the most important verse. Genesis 1:1.

He created Earth and the Universe in verse 1. With Earth comes all the elements.

Water is not an element. It is a chemical compound.

Besides, earth is hard, dry and sometimes crumbly. Water is wet and splashy. Any fool can see that earth does not include water (unless it's mud).

Now, can you show me where in the Bible it says that earth includes water?

Or maybe God just created mud?

edit on 4/9/13 by Astyanax because: of mud and
s

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaelemJames

Perhaps you can solve this great mystery.

Why does everyone who says "god exists" seemingly turn out to have the IQ of a first grader?

To all here who believes in God, The Son and The Holy Spirit - when comments such as these come around, know this;

Our essence, grounded in the divine Presence, is solid, unshakeable, never threatened, never insecure.

What an adorably poetic fallacy you've put forth here.

Is that you, Shirley Phelps?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I know God exists, and my IQ is 140

Oh thank Heavens.

Since you know -- and have an IQ of 140, so I can assume you are aware of what knowledge is -- I guess it shouldn't be so hard for you to prove it. Or did you mean believe? I think you meant believe.

Saying you know and don't actually possess any knowledge would display a massive arrogance. Arrogance is not very Christian from what I've heard.
edit on 4-9-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I would like anyone to try answering these questions.... Where does the wind come from? Who put the wind in motion? Who put the seasons in motion? Who put the planets in motion? Who created the water? Can scientist create water? Who gave humans eyes to see? Where does wisdom reside? Where does knowledge come from?

Who created disease? Who created murderers? Thieves? Child molesters?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I would like anyone to try answering these questions....

I really hope this isn't a serious thread

Where does the wind come from?
Cooler air sinks beneath warm air

Who put the wind in motion?

No one.....it's basic physics/chemistry, well except there was this time.....in band camp

Who put the seasons in motion?

No one.....The tilt/wobble of the earths axis changes the amount of energy from the sun on the hemispheres

Who put the planets in motion?

Are you studying for the GED or something?

Who created the water?

Water is the result of a threesome between Mr. Oxygen and the Hydrogen twins. (Occasionally, they have a fallout with each other and produce OH- and H+

Can scientist create water?

Yes and they can create it as a byproduct of any molecular combinations that have oxygen and hydrogen

Who gave humans eyes to see?

We evolved them, or from biochemical changes in the DNA sequence over time.

Where does wisdom reside?

Definitely not in this post

Where does knowledge come from?

See reply above >

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75

Originally posted by Gumerk

Didn't they tell you? Somewhere in the middle of nothing there was this little speck of nothing that somehow had infinite mass and density. Then it got so sick of being alone in the middle of nowhere that it decided to blow itself up and presto! Here we are.

Couldn't you just reconcile the two beliefs and say that your god is that little speck of infinite mass and density?

Seems like that would make everybody satisfied.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by BlackSunApocalypse

Who created the creator of all these things? And who created the creator of the creator? AND who created the creator of the creator of the creator?

This is one of the biggest fails in logic when it comes to all the creationism/proof of god threads.

If a creator is required, then a creator is then required for the creator and so on in an infinite loop.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join