It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God does exist.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

Originally posted by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

Originally posted by Fromabove

Originally posted by davethebear
You say that God exists, which one are you referring to?

Is it any of these, Thor, Apollo,Bacchus,Cupid,Neptune,Aphrodite,Dionysus,Hades,Mider,Amon,Dianaor, or another one?

Just curious......

No, no, no, not one of those. The God of the universe, the Creator God, the Father of the Lord Jesus Christ. That's the one that I mean. All those other ones are just made up gods. Only His children can know him, everyone else doesn't know Him or believe in Him because they are not His children. So they just make fun of it all. And maybe, for some pretended reason, they may worship one of those other pretend gods from time to time, or maybe even say there is no god at all.

edit on 4-9-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

So, you are an atheist to all those other gods.

We just go one more god than you.

Ha! I like that. I guess everyone has an atheist streak in them, to some extent.

edit on 4-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackSunApocalypse

There is one God and his tool to find the unseen is knowledge and science.
edit on 4-9-2013 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackSunApocalypse
I would like anyone to try answering these questions....
Where does the wind come from?

Form wind motion.

Who put the wind in motion?

If Earth is "someone", that it's mr Earth's fault.

Who put the seasons in motion?

Mr Earth's revolution.

Who put the planets in motion?

Mr Gravitational attraction.

Who created the water?

Mr Chemistry Action when he got hold of oxygen and hydrogen. Water is basically rusted hydrogen.

Can scientist create water?

Yeah, they can. Just breath in a glass and you'll see water condensation appear on its wall.

Who gave humans eyes to see?

Not me.

Where does wisdom reside?

In one's mind.

Where does knowledge come from?

Experience.

Where did the Universe come from? Now that's the question many scientists can't answer...

edit on 4-9-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Where did the Universe come from? Now that's the question many scientists can't answer...

Sure they can. It came from a singularity, according to them.

Now, the question they REALLY can't answer...where did the singularity come from?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I agree, we should fear ourselves, for evil or "psychological flaws" are inherent and get reflected into the world. I think one of the most crippling aspects of our flaws is fear, and yes, we do have a fear of nature, we fear hurricanes, tornados etc and the potential damage it may have on our lives and our familiies. We fear wild animals too, and that's why they have to be caged up or left out in the "wild". I believe it's our own fear that created an inharmonious relationship with most wild animals.
edit on 4-9-2013 by BlackSunApocalypse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackSunApocalypse
I would like anyone to try answering these questions.... Where does the wind come from? Who put the wind in motion? Who put the seasons in motion? Who put the planets in motion? Who created the water? Can scientist create water? Who gave humans eyes to see? Where does wisdom reside? Where does knowledge come from?

Sorry, BSA, these are all the wrong questions and can be answered by science.

On the question of "Is there proof that god exists," we must seek answers to these:

1. Why would a god give wisdom to one group of believers and not any other group? Why are Christians right and Muslims wrong? Why are Muslims right and Jews wrong? Why are Jews right and Christians wrong?

2. If god gave us the wisdom to know right from wrong, why do the people of certain countries think it is perfectly okay to kill babies that are born female? Why in certain parts of Africa do people think it is 100% correct to kill babies that are born deformed? These people feel no guilt over such atrocities because they believe it is right to do such things. Did a god give them this wisdom?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by alienreality

Do you think it is possible to reject both "God" and Jesus and still be a loving, kind, compassionate human being? Please explain the full reasoning for your answer.

In my opinion, I would say no, because to embrace love means NOT rejecting those who love you. Of course a person can reject someone and still go on living and showing compassion and loving others, but by rejecting someone or anyone is putting conditions on how you love, which is wrong to do.

I know God and Christ both love all people without any conditions at all, and this is how we should strive to be..

Thanks for your reply,

AR

I take it then that you are a bisexual polygamist? It's the natural evolution of not rejecting anyone's love after all. One can reject the notion that Jesus was a person of divine provenance yet take his message and live a kind and just life by treating others with respect, kindness and compassion. And that includes atheists and agnostics. If 'god' and jesus love unconditionally then what should I be worried about? ironic that you say putting conditions on how you love is wrong yet that's exactly what you're doing to everyone who disagrees. some quality circular reasoning there.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Worst

Thread

On

The

Internet

Please let it die.

The OP needs a 3rd grade science book

/thread

Nothing more to discuss here.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LightOrange

Science has become a religion.

You will NEVER find the truth in religion.

This post goes into more detail as to why...

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Science has become a religion.

You will NEVER find the truth in religion.

These two statements are so convoluted that I cannot even begin to fathom your stance in relation to them. Perhaps you could further explain what you mean by these statements and how they fit into your current philosophy...unless I'm much mistaken, you are a Christian, are you not? You are religious. So how is it you know anything about the truth, by what you just said?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox
Perhaps you can solve this great mystery.

Why does everyone who says "god exists" seemingly turn out to have the IQ of a first grader?

Tried hard not laugh.

Failed.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
My gamertag on one of the games I play is God. Because if he can't kick ass and take names, I'll do it for him. And I won't even charge you for it. You don't have to believe in me to get your hindquarters handed to you.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackSunApocalypse

A better question would be... why did the first DNA molecule start arranging amino acids into proteins?
Scientists are eventually going to have to admit that such a feat requires intelligence and will, which are 2 characteristics that inanimate matter doesn't possess.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75
A better question would be... why did the first DNA molecule start arranging amino acids into proteins?
Scientists are eventually going to have to admit that such a feat requires intelligence and will, which are 2 characteristics that inanimate matter doesn't possess.

We can't explain it, therefore god did it. Brilliant.

It's just argument from ignorance again and again with this lot..

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox
Perhaps you can solve this great mystery.

Why does everyone who says "god exists" seemingly turn out to have the IQ of a first grader?

To all here who believes in God, The Son and The Holy Spirit - when comments such as these come around, know this;

Our essence, grounded in the divine Presence, is solid, unshakeable, never threatened, never insecure. As a consequence, it's not even touched by a put-down someone sends our way.

When we're in our true being, we're not only not wounded by the comments of others, we're not even nicked. What they say floats right past us, with zero effect.

So if you find yourself reacting, bring your attention to your reaction. Put a little space around what you are feeling. Breathe through it, gently, calmly, with His presence. You'll find the emotional tide receding.

The stillness at your center will see the comment for what it was—the person's own insecurity speaking. Then you can love them for who they really are, overlooking entirely their egoic attack.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

We can't explain it, therefore god did it. Brilliant.

It's just argument from ignorance again and again with this lot..

One day you will wake up to find that it was your lot that has been ignorant all this time. Doesn't that Simon guy seem a little quarky to you? James sure was a charming fellow. I wonder if Jesus and Judas knew anything about the seesaw mechanism?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Yes I exist!

On a serious note, God apparently does exist in your mind. Our mind creates a reality, filling in the unknown with an idea becoming our experience. Such as a spider might exist in a dark room moving slowly towards me, causing my fear of spiders to kick in and react by slamming a book on it. Not until I turn the light on do I realize it was just a dust ball floating across the room from the momentum of a fan. The fact it was not a spider didn't make it any less of one at the time I believed it to be.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I am God... i create my own reality and the world around me by my thoughts.... same goes for your world.... u are God!!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

One day you will wake up to find that it was your lot that has been ignorant all this time.

Can't really disagree entirely, in fact that was my initial point. Kind of. Let me explain

The ignorance I am speaking of, in this case, is mankind's. A gap in our knowledge. That is all.

I am sensing you think I called you ignorant. I did not.

Now in the OP's case, the fallacy of his argument is a matter of his own personal ignorance. Both are arguments from ignorance, God of the Gaps etc.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by KaelemJames

Believe it or not, not all atheists are critical and unforgiving. Not even most of them. Only some.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join