It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God does exist.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I personally know for an absolute fact that God does exist. Christ has spoken to me 3 different times and God also on one occasion.. He loves all of mankind very much, although it is difficult to understand why for me.. If I was God I probably would have destroyed this entire planet long before now, but that is why I am not God..

Mankind just can't understand things the way he can..

This life is a test to find out who loves, and who hates.. Those who do not love or are not willing to love others will probably be tossed in the big dumpster sooner or later, not because he hates, but because those unwilling to love have only hate.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I think it's evident that as the world becomes more industrialized through the foolish exploitation of nature, the closer we are to human extinction. Deforestation is occurring at an alarming rate, the seas are being filled with noxious chemicals and being turned into huge dumps, the top soil and sub soil of the planet is being exhausted. We call such modernization "progress". Anyone can perceive through direct experience that the more "modernized" we become, the less likely we are to remain healthy. It becomes quite evident that humans are destroying nature, dragging themselves out of the "natural" and creating "cities". What can we say about modern cities people live in? It is filled with all types of noxious agents, pollution detrimental to our health. The closer we draw into "city life", the more detached we become from nature. The truth is, people now see nature as a threat. As we drag ourselves into city life and cluster together for a sense of "comfort" nature in it's rebellion is lashing out at us. Nobody on this planet has power over nature and nobody will ever have power over nature as long as humans degenerate through ignorance. If WE are the creators, why is the CREATION destroying and availing itself as a threat to us? Why do humans fear nature? Many of those ignoramus people on this thread who believe a superior creator doesn't exist are fooling themselves. For thousands upon thousands of years nobody has been able to overcome nature. What power do we have? What knowledge do we have? Are humans going to continue living in FEAR of nature and protecting themselves through artificial means forever? Is this the fate alloted to us? I'll call that HELL.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

Do you think it is possible to reject both "God" and Jesus and still be a loving, kind, compassionate human being? Please explain the full reasoning for your answer.
edit on 4-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

So they interfered with your free will? Well that just means the bible is false. No biggie.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Originally posted by davethebear
You say that God exists, which one are you referring to?

Is it any of these, Thor, Apollo,Bacchus,Cupid,Neptune,Aphrodite,Dionysus,Hades,Mider,Amon,Dianaor, or another one?

Just curious......

No, no, no, not one of those. The God of the universe, the Creator God, the Father of the Lord Jesus Christ. That's the one that I mean. All those other ones are just made up gods. Only His children can know him, everyone else doesn't know Him or believe in Him because they are not His children. So they just make fun of it all. And maybe, for some pretended reason, they may worship one of those other pretend gods from time to time, or maybe even say there is no god at all.

edit on 4-9-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

Oh really? What makes you so sure? What makes you so much more right than say a Muslim, Jew, Hindu, Buddhist, or any other religion in the course of human history? Is it maybe because you were born into a Christian family? Which one can attribute to complete chance. You are just as likely to have been born into a Muslim family, then we'd get to hear from you how Allah is the true divinity.

Here is the crux of the whole religion problem if God existed and furthermore if he cared about what humans on Earth do, he could easily solve the world's religion problem by just announcing his presence to the world. I'm not talking about some vague way like talking to some guy and having him speak His message. No I mean actually demonstrating an otherworldly presence that one can only conclude is Godly.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Another good question is why do so many Atheists believe in an afterlife after having NDEs?

Why are so many lives completely transformed after having an NDE?

If God did NOT exist who is “the light” that so many are drawn to during NDE's?

Howard Storm's experience is a perfect example of this:

As an avowed atheist, he found himself bewildered by the fact that his physical body was laying on the hospital bed, and yet could move around outside of his own body. He was tortured and beaten up by beings before being saved by a huge ball of light, which he believed to be Jesus. Beings of light gave him a life review, and he learned the true path that is meant for humanity: love.

These beings of light showed him many things including but not limited to: revelations about religion, the bible, extraterrestrial life, the future of the world, and the future of the U.S. The most radical change is that before his NDE he was a cold hearted atheist professor, and afterwards changed to a warm hearted Christian minister.

Then he yelled into the darkness, “Jesus, please save me!” Within an instant, a brilliant light appeared that came closer and closer. He found himself bathed in a beautiful light, and for the first time he could clearly see his own body’s miserable condition, ghastly for his own eyes to behold. “I was almost all gore.”

Immediately he recognized Jesus, the King of Kings, the Rescuer, the Deliverer. “His arms reached down and touched me and everything healed up and came back together,” he recalls. “He filled me with a love I never knew existed.” Then he picked up Howard, like one football player picking up a fallen teammate on the field, put his arms around him, and Howard cried like a baby in His arms. “He carried me out of there and we headed to where God lives.”

In his mind, Howard began to think that Jesus made a terrible mistake. “I’m garbage and I don’t belong in heaven,” he thought. They stopped moving, and both Howard and Jesus were hanging in space, somewhere between heaven and hell. “We don’t make mistakes,” Jesus said tenderly.

Atheist Professor’s NDE

Near Death Experiences By Atheists - Amazing NDE Stories

edit on 4-9-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

You say that God exists, which one are you referring to?

Is it any of these, Thor, Apollo,Bacchus,Cupid,Neptune,Aphrodite,Dionysus,Hades,Mider,Amon,Dianaor, or another one?

Just curious......

No, no, no, not one of those. The God of the universe, the Creator God, the Father of the Lord Jesus Christ. That's the one that I mean. All those other ones are just made up gods. Only His children can know him, everyone else doesn't know Him or believe in Him because they are not His children. So they just make fun of it all. And maybe, for some pretended reason, they may worship one of those other pretend gods from time to time, or maybe even say there is no god at all.

edit on 4-9-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

So you say that you believe in the God of your choice, that’s fine, I have nothing against your belief…

In fact I have nothing against what God people believe in, that is entirely up to them….

But when you utter the fact that certain Gods were worshipped in history that were the wrong ones to worship, how did they know that? How do you know that?

The people, who believed in such Gods, knew only of these particular Gods and no others, they were worshipped for generations, a long time before your God even came onto the scene…

So if you believe that the God that you believe in to be the right God and that your so called God is going to return someday to claim his own. Then what happens to all the people in history who believed in other Gods, a long, long time before you God came into recognition?

Obviously your God was around at that time, considering that you believe that your God created everything, but people in history had no idea that he was there, because they didn’t know, he didn’t let them know…

So how can that be fair, how can he damn people to the fires of hell, as you so called Christians call it, if they had no idea of his existence?

Surely if your God was the master/creator of everything, he would have told them so, to give them and all of us a fair chance, that sounds fair to me…

All seems a bit unfair to me, do you really think it all makes sense?

Think about it my friend; don’t just believe because it was handed down to you from parents, school, church etc. Work it out for yourself, do you really think it all makes perfect sense?

Take care…….

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Do you think it is possible to reject both "God" and Jesus and still be a loving, kind, compassionate human being? Please explain the full reasoning for your answer.

In my opinion, I would say no, because to embrace love means NOT rejecting those who love you. Of course a person can reject someone and still go on living and showing compassion and loving others, but by rejecting someone or anyone is putting conditions on how you love, which is wrong to do.

I know God and Christ both love all people without any conditions at all, and this is how we should strive to be..

Thanks for your reply,

AR

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Another good question is why do so many Atheists believe in an afterlife after having NDEs?

Why are so many lives completely transformed after having an NDE?

If God did NOT exist who is “the light” that so many are drawn to during NDE's?

The honest answer, for myself, is "I don't know." I prefer to avoid cop-outs that circumvent necessary investigation. And part of avoiding cop-outs is not settling for easy answers that raise more questions than they solve.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

This is confusing to me. Someone who rejects God and/or Jesus generally doesn't believe in them. Meanwhile this same person says they love all and everything yet you label their love as conditional. How is it conditional love to not love something you don't believe in? I can just as easily say that there is a giant heart that exists at the center of our planet that loves everyone (it being a heart and all), you obviously would look at this belief as ridiculous and not believe and therefore not love the giant heart in return. However according to your definition of unconditional love, you are no longing practicing it.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality

In my opinion, I would say no, because to embrace love means NOT rejecting those who love you.

Hmm. For the sake of debate, and further clarifying the precise parameters of the philosophy we're discussing here, I would offer that by "reject", I mean refusing to rely upon either God or Jesus for my freedom and happiness. What is your response to that?

Of course a person can reject someone and still go on living and showing compassion and loving others, but by rejecting someone or anyone is putting conditions on how you love, which is wrong to do.

Not necessarily. One may remain open to the lessons and virtues which are demonstrated by an entity, but refuse to depend on that entity for happiness and freedom...much like you would look to a teacher for their wisdom, but not depend on them for it or anything else.

Thank you for the respectful exchange, and I look forward to your reply.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

So how can that be fair, how can he damn people to the fires of hell, as you so called Christians call it, if they had no idea of his existence? Surely if your God was the master/creator of everything, he would have told them so, to give them and all of us a fair chance, that sounds fair to me…

God has left a witness of Himself for everyone.

Romans 1:20 leaves no doubt that every person who has ever walked the earth has had a clear revelation of God.

ALL of us choose our own destiny.

Melisa: But surely no one would choose that if they knew you really existed?

Jesus: Not so, nobody goes into hell blindfolded. In one way or another, I've revealed myself to everyone.

Melisa: But if they could just see you...

Jesus: Not even that would be enough. Look at Satan, he stood before me in the very throne room of God. But he thought the beauty and the power bestowed was somehow earned. Gave himself over to pride. Scratch any sin and just below the surface you'll find pride...
Source

Then what happens to all the people in history who believed in other Gods, a long, long time before you God came into recognition?

In Matthew the Pharisees asked Jesus for a sign to prove He was the Messiah.

This was His answer:

"For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth"

Below is the reason that Jesus had to go to hell and proclaim liberty to the captives:

"For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit, by whom also He went and preached to the spirits in prison.” ~ 1 Peter 3:18-19

“The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me, because the Lord has anointed Me to preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound.” ~ Isaiah 61:1

“He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that His soul was not left in HELL, neither His flesh did see corruption.” ~ Psalm 16:10

If you want answers, God has made them clearly available to anyone who seeks them:

Yeshua began His answer: "If you had read My Book you would have known all the answers."

"In fact, everything that My children need to know about how God thinks and works and judges and rewards, either before or after the Cross, is already in My Book. That is why I commanded mankind to ‘engrave My Words upon their hearts,’ and to pass them along from generation to generation. I wanted everyone to hear and know just Who I AM, the Messiah, their one hope of Salvation, their Most High God."

Dr. Richard Eby dies, visits heaven, and returns with a startling message

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

For those unfamiliar with the scripture, here is Romans 1:20 -

20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

And here is Murgatroid's paraphrased rendition of that message:

Look at Satan, he stood before me in the very throne room of God. But he thought the beauty and the power bestowed was somehow earned.

Is it not earned? It just...is? As demonstrated in the movie "Thor", just because you are born with power or possess it naturally does not mean you have proven yourself worthy of wielding it.

As the Latin philosophers so eloquently put it... Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who will guard the guards themselves?

...I wanted everyone to hear and know just Who I AM, the Messiah, their one hope of Salvation, their Most High God."

I believe that has already been disproven. Regardless of what visions that man may have experienced during his brush with death, no god is needed to live a free, happy, and productive life. Salvation is not an exclusive gift, but a perspective that all men may find through a myriad of pursuits and revelations. Salvation is not a monopoly, nor the souls of men a business. I don't respect any religion that demands its followers behave as though it were otherwise.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

The reason for all the crap in the world is because people have determined that God does not exist. God does exist, and he created EVERYTHING by speaking it into existence.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

The reason for all the crap in the world is because people have determined that God does not exist. God does exist, and he created EVERYTHING by speaking it into existence.

Interesting. Do you have any sources for this? Scientific examinations that have yielded results corroborating the process by which matter is manifested and organized through the power of sound alone? Or perhaps methodical investigations which reveal the precise nature of such beings that are never born and never die, all present and all powerful and all knowing and actively ruling just this one tiny corner of the universe? Can you provide sound, rational, logical, scientific analysis on all of these things - analysis which answers every question we might ask and is utterly airtight?

If you can provide such a case, I would be very interested to see it. I have always said I am open to being proven wrong, but I will not humor half-hearted attempts to insult the intellect of numerous highly prestigious globally recognized scientists who are unable to state for a fact that any deity exists actively and presently. If you would like to be the first to crack it wide open, go right ahead. Prove to us that you know what you're talking about. We're all waiting to observe your genius.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackSunApocalypse

Life on a planet at the right distance from the sun is it a coincidence,
The moon is just at the right distance to create a cone of shadow and perfectly occlude the sun from on given area during an eclipse and looks to our eyes to be the same size is it a coincidence,
As was pointed out by another thread the moon squares the earth, here is a page as I don't remember that page on ATS but it was only last week, www.constructingtheuniverse.com...
Is this a coincidence or is the moon perfectly calibrated and placed into a perfect position.

Is god there, I certainly believe so but can we convince those that don't.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
George Carlin once said and I quote,

When it comes to bull#, big-time, major league bull#, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion. No contest. No contest. Religion. Religion easily has the greatest bull# story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bull# story. Holy #!

But I want you to know something, this is sincere, I want you to know, when it comes to believing in God, I really tried. I really, really tried. I tried to believe that there is a God, who created each of us in His own image and likeness, loves us very much, and keeps a close eye on things. I really tried to believe that, but I gotta tell you, the longer you live, the more you look around, the more you realize, something is #ed up.

Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed. Results like these do not belong on the résumé of a Supreme Being. This is the kind of # you'd expect from an office temp with a bad attitude. And just between you and me, in any decently-run universe, this guy would've been out on his all-powerful ass a long time ago. And by the way, I say "this guy", because I firmly believe, looking at these results, that if there is a God, it has to be a man.

No woman could or would ever # things up like this. So, if there is a God, I think most reasonable people might agree that he's at least incompetent, and maybe, just maybe, doesn't give a #. Doesn't give a #, which I admire in a person, and which would explain a lot of these bad results.

So rather than be just another mindless religious robot, mindlessly and aimlessly and blindly believing that all of this is in the hands of some spooky incompetent father figure who doesn't give a #, I decided to look around for something else to worship. Something I could really count on.

And immediately, I thought of the sun. Happened like that. Overnight I became a sun-worshipper. Well, not overnight, you can't see the sun at night. But first thing the next morning, I became a sun-worshipper. Several reasons. First of all, I can see the sun, okay? Unlike some other gods I could mention, I can actually see the sun. I'm big on that. If I can see something, I don't know, it kind of helps the credibility along, you know? So everyday I can see the sun, as it gives me everything I need; heat, light, food, flowers in the park, reflections on the lake, an occasional skin cancer, but hey. At least there are no crucifixions, and we're not setting people on fire simply because they don't agree with us.

Sun worship is fairly simple. There's no mystery, no miracles, no pageantry, no one asks for money, there are no songs to learn, and we don't have a special building where we all gather once a week to compare clothing. And the best thing about the sun, it never tells me I'm unworthy. Doesn't tell me I'm a bad person who needs to be saved. Hasn't said an unkind word. Treats me fine. So, I worship the sun. But, I don't pray to the sun. Know why? I wouldn't presume on our friendship. It's not polite.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I've often thought people treat God rather rudely, don't you? Asking trillions and trillions of prayers every day. Asking and pleading and begging for favors. Do this, gimme that, I need a new car, I want a better job. And most of this praying takes place on Sunday His day off. It's not nice. And it's no way to treat a friend.

But people do pray, and they pray for a lot of different things, you know, your sister needs an operation on her crotch, your brother was arrested for defecating in a mall. But most of all, you'd really like to # that hot little redhead down at the convenience store. You know, the one with the eyepatch and the clubfoot? Can you pray for that? I think you'd have to. And I say, fine. Pray for anything you want. Pray for anything, but what about the Divine Plan?

Remember that? The Divine Plan. Long time ago, God made a Divine Plan. Gave it a lot of thought, decided it was a good plan, put it into practice. And for billions and billions of years, the Divine Plan has been doing just fine. Now, you come along, and pray for something. Well suppose the thing you want isn't in God's Divine Plan? What do you want Him to do? Change His plan? Just for you? Doesn't it seem a little arrogant? It's a Divine Plan. What's the use of being God if every run-down shmuck with a two-dollar prayerbook can come along and # up Your Plan?

And here's something else, another problem you might have: Suppose your prayers aren't answered. What do you say? "Well, it's God's will." "Thy Will Be Done." Fine, but if it's God's will, and He's going to do what He wants to anyway, why the # bother praying in the first place? Seems like a big waste of time to me! Couldn't you just skip the praying part and go right to His Will? It's all very confusing.

So to get around a lot of this, I decided to worship the sun. But, as I said, I don't pray to the sun. You know who I pray to? Joe Pesci. Two reasons: First of all, I think he's a good actor, okay? To me, that counts. Second, he looks like a guy who can get things done. Joe Pesci doesn't # around. In fact, Joe Pesci came through on a couple of things that God was having trouble with.

For years I asked God to do something about my noisy neighbor with the barking dog, Joe Pesci straightened that cocksucker out with one visit. It's amazing what you can accomplish with a simple baseball bat.

So I've been praying to Joe for about a year now. And I noticed something. I noticed that all the prayers I used to offer to God, and all the prayers I now offer to Joe Pesci, are being answered at about the same 50% rate. Half the time I get what I want, half the time I don't. Same as God, 50-50. Same as the four-leaf clover and the horseshoe, the wishing well and the rabbit's foot, same as the Mojo Man, same as the Voodoo Lady who tells you your fortune by squeezing the goat's testicles, it's all the same: 50-50. So just pick your superstition, sit back, make a wish, and enjoy yourself.

And for those of you who look to The Bible for moral lessons and literary qualities, I might suggest a couple of other stories for you. You might want to look at the Three Little Pigs, that's a good one. Has a nice happy ending, I'm sure you'll like that. Then there's Little Red Riding Hood, although it does have that X-rated part where the Big Bad Wolf actually eats the grandmother. Which I didn't care for, by the way. And finally, I've always drawn a great deal of moral comfort from Humpty Dumpty. The part I like the best? "All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty back together again." That's because there is no Humpty Dumpty, and there is no God. None, not one, no God, never was.

In fact, I'm gonna put it this way. If there is a God, may he strike this audience dead! See? Nothing happened. Nothing happened? Everybody's okay? All right, tell you what, I'll raise the stakes a little bit. If there is a God, may he strike me dead. See? Nothing happened, oh, wait, I've got a little cramp in my leg. And my balls hurt. Plus, I'm blind. I'm blind, oh, now I'm okay again, must have been Joe Pesci, huh? God Bless Joe Pesci. Thank you all very much. Joe Bless You!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I will not humor half-hearted attempts to insult the intellect of numerous highly prestigious globally recognized scientists who are unable to state for a fact that any deity exists actively and presently.

Looking for facts in Science makes just as much sense as looking for truth in politics.

One of the most mysterious things to me personally is WHY most believe what they are told by known liars.

Scientists are not ALLOWED to look for the truth...

"...if you ask questions you’ll be working at McDonalds tomorrow”

Religion AND Science are BOTH being used as mind control tools.

"Throughout recorded history, the Illuminati has successfully withheld from humankind major aspects of history and science in order to subjugate the masses"

"Historical, religious and political truths have been withheld from the general public in order to perpetuate armed conflict," he continues. "Similarly if the presently suppressed technology were to be made commercially available, disease, famine and environmental pollution virtually would become eradicated."

By manipulating the souls evolving on earth, the Illuminati have deliberately suppressed the spiritual facts of life, not to mention liberating technologies, which could bring plenitude to all.

Secrets of Suppressed Science and History

"...the Illuminati eventually controlled the science departments in all colleges and institutions of higher learning. The plan was to stifle scientific knowledge and then twist what was left to fit the science they wanted the people to believe. They accomplished this by adopting new rules in regards to scientific research.

With the control of science in their hands, and the discouragement of seeking new findings they took it a step further. Next, the Robber Baron flunkies of the Illuminati used their ill-gotten gains, under the guise of philanthropy, to establish “Foundations” and “Societies” such as the National Geographical Society and the

Smithsonian Institute “for the increase and diffusion of knowledge among men,” but in reality to help cover-up and hide away anything that doesn’t fit the accepted theories."

Secret Societies - Who Controls Knowledge?

With respect to its great contributions to society, I think it is important to make a case that science is really affecting society more like a religion now than a field of study or a resource base of useful information. Many everyday people do not understand it at all and accept ALL its teachings on faith.

Unfortunately some scientists and academic professionals are not so noble and have perpetrated deliberate frauds and cover-ups of important discoveries.

Modern Scientific beliefs are based upon a leap of faith in the big bang theory. It has become a belief system based on faith and therefore another form of religion. Scientists, like priests can explain their beliefs but the everyday people accept it all on faith. Scientists and doctors are the priests of this new religion, getting angry and crying "heresy" when anyone respectfully disagrees with them.

Has Science become a Religion

Science - The Illuminati Religion and Mind Control Tool for the Masses

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker84

Where did you get that from? Because that was among the most awesome posts I have ever encountered in the religion forum on ATS. That stuff was effing brilliant. I'd love to see what the zealots have to say to it, because I just about cried laughing at it. Nah, I'm kidding, but that's some seriously good reading material right there. Thank you for posting it - it's a breath of fresh air.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join