posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:48 AM
reply to post by mblahnikluver
“Bits and Bites”
•1 med. box Cheerios (4 c.)
• 1 med. box Shreddies or Wheat Chex (5 c.)
• 1 med. box Rice Chex (4 c.)
• 1 large pkg. small Salted Pretzels (2 c.)
• 1 small Box cheese stix (1 c.)
• 1 lb. Margarine (1/2 lb.)
• 6-7 Tbs. Worcestershire Sauce (3Tbs + 1 tsp.)
• 1 1/2 Tbs. Garlic Powder (2 tsp.)
• 1 1/2 Tbs. Onion Powder (2 tsp.)
• 1/2 Tbs. Celery Salt (1 tsp.)
• 2 Tbs. Seasoning Salt (3 tsp.)
Preheat oven to 250F.
Mix the cereals, pretzels and cheese stix together in a very large bowl or pot.
Melt the margarine in a pot on fairly low heat.
Add in the Worcestershire and seasonings and mix well. Put about 1/2 the cereal mix in a large roasting pan and spread with half the sauce. Cover with
the rest of the cereal mixture and then spread the rest of the sauce over. Mix well!
Put uncovered in the oven. STIR EVERY 15 MINUTES! Bake for at least 1 hour. Should be done but test for taste and crispiness. Will crispen even more
when cold (if it hasn’t been eaten by then!).
Homemade Bits & Bites was the first thing that came to mind, lol.
You can also use Special K to make Rice Crispy treats (google for recipes)
Hope that helps!