It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sea of Dreams

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I post them for my Friends which I love them very much and I care for them because they have good souls and they never attack me as others have done without a reason, or to call me an idiot.

And I will keep posting them.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

I emailed a friend in London that runs an art gallery with your pictures

I'm not sure you want to read the reply but I'll happily post it for you if you wish

Cody

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

As long as you are enjoying what you are doing Pi, that is all that matters. However, there will always be art critics, and always be those who love art in all of it's forms.

You have a unique style,and although not my style, it is YOUR style, and that is all that matters.

It is kind of like my family asking me why I can't draw/paint nice things, only dark things, it is because that is what comes out, and it has a style all to it's own. Painting is an expression of a feeling or a vision in ones mind, and it can be abstract or finely detailed and anywhere in between, but it is what you do, no matter what anyone else says, you stay true to your style because it is what wants to come out of you.

That is what makes the best art IMO, but then I am not an art critic, I am an art/paint lover. I would never criticize someone's art work, because then I have to look at my own with a critical eye, which I already do enough.

Thank you for sharing

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

You have a unique style,and although not my style, it is YOUR style, and that is all that matters.

It is kind of like my family asking me why I can't draw/paint nice things, only dark things, it is because that is what comes out, and it has a style all to it's own. Painting is an expression of a feeling or a vision in ones mind, and it can be abstract or finely detailed and anywhere in between, but it is what you do, no matter what anyone else says, you stay true to your style because it is what wants to come out of you.

That is what makes the best art IMO, but then I am not an art critic, I am an art/paint lover. I would never criticize someone's art work, because then I have to look at my own with a critical eye, which I already do enough.
Thank you my friend,for your kind words which has brought tears to my eyes.

Just like you I will never criticize someone's art work because that person has put soul and work in it,his aspirations and his feelings.

It is the same reason why I almost never go in other posters threads to criticize their posts,because they have believed in something when they posted either true or not.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

It certainly won't repeat.

What "won't repeat?" My COMPLIMENTING your work? Of course it would, as your work improves....

Do you ever even TRY to connect with people? To speak in a manner that is intelligible and not hateful and bizarre?

I don't hate you. You hate me! Hate is a heavy load. I'm truly sorry for whatever person or circumstance or biological condition caused your incredible unhappiness and inability to connect with others....

edit on 8-9-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

You are just wonderful too my friend.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

they never attack me as others have done without a reason, or to call me an idiot.

I don't think people who are giving you feedback are ATTACKING you, pi. And I never called you an idiot.
Sheesh....do you have any friends in your "real life"? How old are you?

Of course, you can (and probably will) choose not to answer, but it is worth noting that your hostility and arrogance are, well.....noteworthy. Maybe you should add to your signature:

"I post my paintings for my friends ONLY, and am NOT interested in ANY feedback except from them."

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Okay let's make peace then.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I'll post the reply anyway

My dear dear friend

I'm so glad your mother- in- law enjoyed her jaunt into my little obsession.
Please let her know that as a special price for you, I have the artist's permission to sell said painting at an overly generous rate of £400 (frame included you charmer).

As for the 'Ahem' Art you e-mailed me

To call it naive would be, as the cost of the painting, overly generous. You surprise me that you thought I may even consider it.

Or is this one of your little jokes you naughty man.
If I need to be kept on my toes I'll borrow my man's high heels !!!

Love you always and give that luscious wife a kiss from moi

Candy

That's a professional critique Pi hope it helps

Cody

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Okay let's make peace then.

Okay, then. Let's.

(Your turn.)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

That's a professional critique Pi hope it helps
Doesn't bother me as long as there are others here and there who really appreciate my paintings and as long as I enjoy what I do.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Okay, then. Let's.
I will consider than that we are at peace so no need to fight each other ,so the future is in front of us to see how it will work.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Absolutely

As long you enjoy them that's all that matters my friend

Cody

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Cool.

I am NOT an evil or hateful person. As long as there is breath, there is hope....building (or mending) bridges is important for all of us.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I'll post the reply anyway
I knew it ,again it doesn't bother me,I have only 4 months of painting,so time it is in front of me.
In few years I guess I will have few hundreds and the best critique,and the best sales in the same time.
As already I have some negotiations even in those conditions
Art takes time and sacrifice.

edit on 8-9-2013 by piequal3because14 because: smile

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

As long you enjoy them that's all that matters my friend
Thank you my friend.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I am NOT an evil or hateful person. As long as there is breath, there is hope....building (or mending) bridges is important for all of us.
It is very true what you just have said,with the only amendment of the division of the beliefs,but even this is something which can come to a common point.

And indeed I believe you are a beautiful woman of which I would love to do a painting.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Art takes time and sacrifice.

Yes, it does. And practice.

You are improving. Well done, you, friend.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Yes, it does. And practice.

You are improving. Well done, you, friend.
Oh,thank you,indeed it depends on many factors.

And the most important is the creative factor which is the main element of the subject of a painting.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

And the most important is the creative factor which is the main element of the subject of a painting.

Did you know that even master artists have gone to galleries exhibiting their work, and tried to "tweak" them, and "fix and finish" them? (I can't remember who it was, at the moment...Michelangelo, Da Vinci, Galileo??? I don't know - the point is that as artists (I'm a writer, AND a visual artist) we are often dissatisfied and go back to 'edit' our work.

Yes, creativity is the most important thing, pi. An artist will constantly look at their OWN work, and attempt to improve it.....

NOT saying that you need to revisit your paintings, dear. Just that there is NO SHAME in looking at them after execution and working to "improve them" in YOUR OWN EYES. What others think doesn't matter. If it's perfect to you, then it's perfect.
Honestly.

edit on 8-9-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join