It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bashar al-Assad Interview with Izvestia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Here's an interesting interview with the Syrian president Bashar al-Assad !
and i think this hes right again.
The Other Side – Bashar al-Assad Interview with Izvestia - See more at: www.zengardner.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Izvestia: Mr. President, how is your relationship with President Vladimir Putin? Do you speak on the phone? If so, what do you discuss?

Bashar al-Assad: I have a strong relationship with President Putin, which spans back many years even before the crisis. We contact each other from time to time, although the complexity of events in Syria cannot be discussed on the phone. Our relationship is facilitated through Russian and Syrian officials who exchange visits, the majority of which are conducted away from the glare of the media.

they look like brothers
Good..

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
thanks for posting this

this comes across to me as a leader of a sovereign state wanting to do the best for his country

not the propaganda that the western world is feeding us

although I don't and never will support the use of chemical weapons anywhere, I am yet to see the western world prove
without a shadow of any doubt that it was Assad that used them.

I would say that the us doesn't have such evidence or it would have presented it ,never mind about secret classified meetings. Present your 100 % Evidence and justify to the people of the world, why we should stop him.

Riouz

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Riouz

i totally agree with you.
on a personal feeling i doubt that Assad did it.
This chemical attack, smells like an Al-nusra / Mossad / CIA setup
edit on 4-9-2013 by WhySoBlinded because: forgat a word

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Thanks for the link, it is good to get a more comprehensive view of the situation. Hearing just how much support Israel has been providing with the Syrian conflict is a new one for me, it is not the kind of thing that makes it on the media here. Sure chemical weapons are bad, but so is all forms of terrorism, so is a nation with no political structure. What just are the priorities here? It is no surprise it is the Republicans pushing to fight.

Saudi Arabia is being disappointing, by investing in regional conflict rather than regional stability they are harming their own long term interests. With their current resources they do have a good potential to play an important role with a Middle East super state. With the Middle East divided it does help with the western push through the axis of evil plan, that helps divide and flank Russia and China.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Maybe but just maybe they just want to provoke a wide scale warr. ( Nuclear or that new Haarp technology )
8 billion people on this little planet and counting !
Collapsing economies around the world,no food for everybody and we are destroying our flora and fauna in a big way .
If WW3 starts then the C suckers that caused it will be in a nice and save nuclear bunker.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by WhySoBlinded

There has been some misalignment between the justifications and motivations of war. On the political stage it is just a game, the growing divide between the US and UN investigations is concerning. Just where this motivation is coming from does need to be identified to address the undermining issues. Is it just the culture of wall street, the military and industry? With the forces behind 9/11 still unaddressed, the lies, mistrust and distractions is still pretty high, but this time the world in not quite as stupid.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Bashar al-Assad: Today there are many Western politicians, but very few statesmen. Some of these politicians do not read history or even learn from it, whilst others do not even remember recent events. Have these politicians learned any lessons from the past 50 years at least?

Obviously, Assad hasn't learned anything from the last fifty years of Islamic uprisings in Syria.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.bbc.co.uk...

Assad: From another perspective, these politicians should know that terrorism is not a winning card you play when it suits you and keep it in your pocket when it doesn’t. Terrorism is like a scorpion; it can unexpectedly sting you at any time.

Oh, the irony of his statements. Let's reflect back to April 2011...

In the context of these leaderless revolutions that stemmed from rightful social, economic, and political demands, the only organized and well-structured group has been the Muslim Brotherhood. For 83 years now, the aim of this widespread movement has been to instill the Quran and Sunna as the sole reference for ordering the life of the Muslim family and state. Whether it will finally succeed in doing so by claiming to embrace the hopes and dreams of the Arab youth is not to be ruled out. As such, the real beneficiaries of Arab regime changes are yet to be discovered.

While this theory has yet to be proven in Tunisia, Egypt, or Yemen, it is easier to note in Syria, where the last Muslim Brotherhood uprising was brutally crushed by Hafez Assad in Hama in 1982. But the Brotherhood in Syria, under claims of demanding reforms, does aim at overthrowing the Syrian regime. The latter has been struggling with the international community for quite some time now. And although deeply shaken by the investigation into Lebanon's Hariri assassination, the Assad regime has managed to survive tough years from 2005 until now. All of these ingredients make Syria's story a more complex and delicate one.

mideast.foreignpolicy.com...

Assad: Our message to the world is straightforward: Syria will never become a Western ‘puppet’ state. We are an independent country; we will fight terrorism and we will freely build relationships with countries in a way that best serves the interests of the Syrian people.

Because we all know that Syria's long standing relationship with Iran only serves the best interests of all Syrians. Gotcha.

join