It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Military Intelligence Involved in Chemical Attack in Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
link

Another from VT.

Apologies I this has already been posted.

A hacker got access to the U.S. intelligence correspondence and published private emails of Col. Anthony J. Macdonald, who is the General Staff Director, Operations and Plans Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence the US Army Staff.

M.SHAPIRO: I’m still thinking about those Syrian kids. Thanks God, they are alive. I hope they got a kind of present or some cash.

Well certainly makes an interesting read and coupled with yesterday's attempt to get Syria to do something - for a few hrs both the US and Israel didn't know they had joint plans for firing missiles until it was obvious Syria was not going to respond then they suddenly remembered - doh!!!!!

A lot of things going down at the moment - very interesting times to be living in.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
aww its already debungked??

edit on 4-9-2013 by cheesy because: Edit Because already debungked

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Its a hoax, and illegal, several threads have been opened on this and closed by mods.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by johnb

Already debunked as a photoshop-hoax. If you read the correspondence you see two sets of grammar. Next time I suggest some measure of research before you start a thread like this.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

next time i suggest some measure of research before submitting a reply like this. some contents may be faked, but many of those emails are signed by digital signatures issued by DoD, and those are real.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jedi_hamster

It has been proven to be a faked email. The digital signatures may be real, but the content of the email isn't. It's easy to replace the body of the email and make it look real if you get your hands on a real email from his address. The language in the emails is wrong for one thing, and the way it is written is not how an O-6 is going to write an email.
edit on 9/12/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

get your hands on real email?
to fake email contents (i've verified the CONTENTS of some of those emails, using attached signatures), the hacker would have to access the military email account of said person - not the yahoo account, which was the recipient. and you can login to such an account only using a smart card, and access is limited to .mil domains.

so tell me, how the hell those emails i've managed to verify, could be faked?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Find me an American O-6 that writes dates like a European, and emails like a fairly young person does, and I'll find you a way to get their hands on a real email. Those emails are not written like an O-6 that grew up and was educated in the US, or by the US education system.

But wait, what's this?

The Army confirmed Thursday morning that the email account of a recently-retired Army intelligence colonel was hacked.

reason.com...

This email was not written like a G-2 O-6.
edit on 9/12/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

those emails that i've verified, were sent from military accounts (access to which is limited to .mil domains and smart cards, so unless you've kicked such account owner in the head, took his CAC and logged in using his laptop, there is NO way to hack there), signed using a signature stored on smart card (referred to as CAC in the military) belonging to account owner.

which part you fail to understand, is beyond me.

i'm not saying the emails from his wife account are real - they seem to be, but they could be altered, there is no way to verify because they weren't signed - those weren't sent from military accounts.

all i'm saying is that emails from his account seem to be real - roughly half of them is signed and i've verified the signatures on some of them. that proves one thing so far - that yahoo account, belonging to Anthony MacDonald, WAS hacked.

and if you have doubts why such person would use yahoo, google how happy military people are with the migration to DISA enterprise email.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I'm well aware that the Yahoo account was hacked, and how many people in the military use it, and other public emails.

But despite that, this is a faked email. That was not written by an G-2 O-6. I've read things written by O-6s, and I've read things by people in G-2, and this does not read like anything written by either.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

if you refer to the conversation between Eugene Furst and Anthony MacDonald, most of it seems fine. the latest sentences, mentioning Syria, may seem a little bit 'out of place', but notice his "i'm far from this now" and the fact that he was going to retire and i believe i saw a mention of it somewhere in those emails. perhaps he's just tired with all that? no idea. or perhaps he was retired because of those emails

all you have is your own personal opinion. we'll see if it'll be possible to verify the signature on that single crucial email. if so - your opinion won't matter.

and i'm not sure if military suggests that all those emails are faked, even those not mentioning Syria at all - but if so, you can be sure they lie. digital signatures don't lie.

new topics

top topics

join