It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wizard of Oz - timeline shift?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
So, whats up, is the hangingthing fake, or real??? So confused

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The whole movie and story is full of allegories and all kinds of things, in many ways it predicted the future our current future right now and as things were in those times by use of symbolize and allegories. Back when i went to high school one of my teachers a history teacher pretty much each day for hours would break down that movie and story and link it to historical movements and people back in the age and to the things going on then and now even.

He even once though I cant remember it right now linked pretty successively a bunch of imagery in the movie even what I can remember a stuffed moose head on the wall somewhere in one of the OZ movies to Roosevelt and the bull moose party, and went on for hours from there Bull Moose Party and a whole bunch of other things going on in the past present including the whole yellow brick road meaning the "Gold" ie the monetary system, the slippers Dorothy wears mean something to, the wicked witch of the north means something to, so did the witch which she landed on and killed and thereby got the slippers from. And everything else from the tin man to scarecrow to the wizard of oz himself.

Lets just say the guy spent more time going on about such things then actual textbook reading, in fact his class was one of the few I did not skip, it was always interesting and entertaining what he had to say on a variety of subject of which the wizard of OZ was but one which he went on about. Some days pretty much the whole time even while we were supposed to do other school work. Sometimes literally spending weeks going over the symbolism in that movie and story during class and going over what it all meant and he would somehow tie it all into history lessons. It was one of my favorite classes in school because the guy was really into it, that and he never gave us homework, and if he did we would just do it in class while he went on and on about a bunch of things.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter.be

It could be both for all anybody knows, and who knows as movies can be edited and the wizard of OZ was edited so many times from the original story to what you see in the movies, and even the movies continued to be edited and reedited even to this day and the newest releases of them. As for the supposed hanging munchkin in the background, and if its actually a bird. Hey it's anybody's guess by now I take it.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join