It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquakes in Pacific followed by Tsunami

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Within the last few hours there have been Earthquakes of 6.0 and stronger recorded in Japan, Canada and Alaska, followed a few hours later by a Buoy reading waves over 150ft high. Research using links below.

Earthquake.usgs.gov

and

www.nbdc.noaa.gov

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I see the quakes, but no Tsunami warnings...

And your links don't work.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by PMNOrlando

where did you get the info on the bouy?

nothing stands out atm

www.ndbc.noaa.gov...

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Here's your links - live and click-able.

EQ's USGOV

and

NOA

If you want to learn how to do what I've done above - hit 'quote' on my post and you'll see how it's done.

On Topic

What do you think about this? What's yours thoughts behind it. You took the time to start a thread - I'm wondering what struck you as odd about it. Are you thinking it's a natural occurrence? HAARP? Something else?

Anyway - I'll go and check out a little more info but I wanted to throw you a hand. Thanks for letting us know!

peace

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

EVALUATION
A WIDESPREAD DESTRUCTIVE TSUNAMI THREAT DOES NOT EXIST BASED ON HISTORICAL EARTHQUAKE AND TSUNAMI DATA.

THE WEST COAST AND ALASKA TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER WILL ISSUE INFORMATION REGARDING ANY LOCAL TSUNAMI THREAT TO COASTS NEAR THE EARTHQUAKE EPICENTER.

THIS WILL BE THE ONLY BULLETIN ISSUED FOR THIS EVENT UNLESS ADDITIONAL INFORMATION BECOMES AVAILABLE.

ptwc.weather.gov...

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
There have been quite a few quakes. Canada and Alaska are really rocking the last few days. Watching the quake watch thread for some input of where some of those more well versed on quakes think this may be going. There are good people on there who study them so well they see patterns so it's a good thread to read.

The Japan one coupled with these others has me concerned about Fukushima. Of course people above all else but that plant can't take another earthquake.
edit on 4-9-2013 by Dianec because: Mia typed a word.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
actually, station shows a 60m rise and fall very suddenly

www.ndbc.noaa.gov...

previous data looks odd could be faulty..

but... ill keep checking!
edit on 4-9-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
The Tsunami event mode... Meaning Warnings are flashing!

Who would be effected and how bad (?) anyone know?

Just found this : No Tsunami issued

But on the link from above poster the buoy's are flashing and in index flashing means " Warning "....

Hope all is ok
edit on 4-9-2013 by tracehd1 because: Add

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Faulty indeed. A 60 meter open ocean wave is unheard of.
Also, the period is too short for a seismic wave. Also there was no tsunami generated.

edit on 9/4/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Not true at all...My ex wife could generate a 75 meter open ocean wave for being late for dinner!

I'm keeping a close watch on the Canadian aspect as I'm right in the line of fire. No waves here yet just...That lovely, quiet summer stillness. Something somewhere isn't being read and or generated correctly is my guess.
edit on 4-9-2013 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I thought Tsunamis where like 1 foot tall but moved at like 400mph?

I could be wrong though.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Actually, open ocean "Rouge Waves" have been known to reach 30 meters, and perhaps higher. They are freaks, but do exist. Rouge Wave (source)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Yes. But 60 meters is...um...quite a bit larger than that.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Japan got no tsunami

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Totally agreed. I remember also a story about triplet waves that can exist in the Great Lakes. They are 3 together, with very short intervals between them. It is thought that the Edmond Fitzgerald was taken out by a set of these wave freaks on Lake Superior. Nature can really get wild when it get's an opportunity.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

i see two for today..

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by charlyv

Yes. But 60 meters is...um...quite a bit larger than that.

yes..just look at the deep its 407 Km..very deep..

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

The gales of November.

As far as shipping goes largish short period waves can be devastating. But that's the difference. Seismic waves in open water have a very low amplitude and a very long wavelength. Ships don't notice seismic waves.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
i just worry about any in japan especially with the new news out today that the radiation levels are getting worse. it won't take much to cause more of those unstable tanks to leak...... and that's probably the least of the worries.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Very true on that, regarding seismic related waves. One of my courses spent two periods on what you'd call a stark and blunt video/documentary covering the Indonesian Tsunami. I had no idea so many had gotten video from well before to well after and all in-between, for essentially continuous record.

It was, of course, very hard to watch emotionally and the stats are mind numbing.

However, what's relevant to this thread? One tourist video showing the series of waves coming in, did show a Thai patrol boat get washed ashore from what couldn't have been more than 500 yards out to start with. It was a PBR type boat, very similar to the light river patrol stuff.

Another couple who was interviewed were just a short distance off shore, skin diving and under when the first set went over them. That very short distance was still turmoil (They compared it to a toilet bowl), but they had no idea something disastrous had happened until heading back in. Ones just a BIT further, literally had no idea anything had happened from any direct experience.

Oh..... The couple who were skin diving said all the marine life just vanished quite some time before the waves got there. I thought that was interesting (and enough to have noted it in my notebook at the time). Something that ought to be detectable and measurable in scale apparently precedes the real ones, underwater.

new topics

top topics

join