ISON-The Elephant In The Room

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
www.space.com...

A striking possibility that it 'may' be Comet C/1680, however, not necessarily so. Interesting just the same. Two comets travelling on virtually exactly the same path? Maybe, maybe not.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

No. No possibility.
www.isoncampaign.org...

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Let's be honest here, we are NEVER really going to know who is telling the truth.

An almost identical orbit dismissed out of hand.
Theories that iSON is the Great Comet split in half. Theories that it comes from the oort cloud. And yet it persists.

I'm hoping for a lovely show for a few nights and do NOT believe in comets being portents of doom.

But, an open mind is essential in a world with so many agendas. i like to entertain ALL possibilities and not stick to what the 'official' channels say.

Good to have an open mind and enjoy the possibilities as well as the reality of a potentially beautiful comet!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

Theories that iSON is the Great Comet split in half. Theories that it comes from the oort cloud. And yet it persists.
Well yes. It persists because it is there but its orbit demonstrates that it is neither the 1680 comet nor a piece of it. But even if it were it will have no effect on Earth.

But, an open mind is essential in a world with so many agendas. i like to entertain ALL possibilities and not stick to what the 'official' channels say.
"All possibilities" can lead to a lot of contradictions and wind up not being very useful or rewarding.

Good to have an open mind and enjoy the possibilities as well as the reality of a potentially beautiful comet!
Had my hopes up but it's not looking very encouraging at this point. I've been lucky though; good look at Halley, really (really) good look at Hale-Bopp, a couple of visible but not spectacular others. Still hoping my daughter and I are going to see something nice this winter.

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

Everyman:"Phage, what do you think about..."
Phage: "No."
Everyman:"But what about..."
Everyman:"But this says..."
Everyman:"Won't you even consider..."
Everyman: "So you think you know everything then."
Phage: "Yes."

edit on 9/4/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: disclaimer: this is satire. all in jest.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Everyman: "So you think know everything then."
Phage: "Yes."

No.
But that doesn't mean I don't know anything.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I'm just messing with you. You do know a lot.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

'All possibilities, at the same time, just imagine the brain power involved in scanning all of those possibilites and watching the variables unfold! Try it!

Don't say it 'ain't gonna happen'! We are so looking foward so some kind of memorable light show. I shall entertain all possibilities and hold out for the best!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

'All possibilities, at the same time, just imagine the brain power involved in scanning all of those possibilites and watching the variables unfold! Try it!

I have. When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. (look it up)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I have. When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. (look it up)

I seriously hope you have a good sense of humour ,
edit on 4-9-2013 by 12voltz because: context

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Hmm...I'm now very very curious about Janet's remark about unprecedented natural disaster and all that. Maybe...MAYBE...they know stuff we don't. Will be watching this with interest.

And Phage...I know I've said this to you before, but it's worth repeating...I kinda like you cos you know so much and are clearly very smart, but god almighty you need to learn some manners! I know some people here already have you on a pedestal (possibly a precarious place to be) but honestly, you would be elevated to a deity if you could just be polite to other posters. Being kind to people doesn't make you less clever.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

I'm human (believe it or not).
But in reviewing my posts I don't see anything particularly mean, except maybe my reply to Helious. But was it really that bad considering what was posted?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
In this long youtube vid, the person makes the claim that Ison is as big Neptune. He shows that using NASA methods it is 5x larger than earth. There are also discussion of Nibiru and Planet X so if you are not interested in those subjects scan ahead to about 44 mins and again at 54:52. I'm not saying he's correct. Just putting it out for discussion.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Interesting, BUT, stop repeating the 'official line' all the time. The 'official line' can be a problem when it comes to truth, reality, accuracy, any relevance to anything..............need one go on?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It's not what you say, but how you say it...you have a tendency to be very abrupt and issue one or two word replies to specific points...probably what you say would sound fine in a verbal conversation, but on a cold computer screen, it's really harsh.

Anyway...back on topic...I'm going to look again at what exactly Janet said...my instincts are telling me they know stuff we don't. Hmm...but then...why warn us now? Why warn us at all?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Well...sorry...I guess.
We're using computers here so...

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

We are using computers, but there's nothing wrong with making the effort to make interactions a little more human. We are humans first and foremost, after all.

I've been looking again at Janet's exact words, which seem to be..."a natural disaster — the likes of which the nation has never seen — is also likely on its way." Likely?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

I've been looking again at Janet's exact words, which seem to be..."a natural disaster — the likes of which the nation has never seen — is also likely on its way." Likely?
No. You are not looking at Janet's exact words.

Here is her address. Can you point out where she says that?
www.c-spanvideo.org...

If you don't want to listen to the whole thing, here is the transcript.
www.dhs.gov...

I'm sorry if my manner offends you. It is not my intent. My intent is to be concise. Concise includes being blunt when people spout nonsense.

edit on 9/4/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I read a report on what she said, not the original transcript, so apologies for that...they're not the same. All it shows is that I made a mistake, which I'm fine with admitting, but inferring quite rudely that I'm spouting rubbish isn't really ok. In fact it shows a stubborn and quite arrogant side to your personality that isn't conducive to any kind of reasonable conversation. Debate, or even argument, in it's best from, shouldn't be about shouting and belittling your opponent. The best debates which open up the conversation to real exploration are calm,respectful and polite. They don't make people defensive, and therefore unwilling to listen, investigate and learn. Please try and take this on board...it's said with the best intentions.

Anyway...back to Janet.

You also will have to prepare for the increasing likelihood of more weather-related events of a more severe nature as a result of climate change, and continue to build the capacity to respond to potential disasters in far flung regions of the country that could occur at the same time.

She said this in address to her successor in the job. "Increasing likelihood" perhaps was reported as "likely", but I'm very curious about the last bit of this...far flung regions that could have disasters at the same time. I'm thinking that whatever went into this speech would have been very carefully considered, so is this a heads up?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

In fact it shows a stubborn and quite arrogant side to your personality that isn't conducive to any kind of reasonable conversation.
I disagree. But I'm not really the topic so the point is rather moot.

"Increasing likelihood" perhaps was reported as "likely"
Perhaps. What do you think about that "the likes of which the nation has never seen" part? Perhaps a complete fabrication?

but I'm very curious about the last bit of this...far flung regions that could have disasters at the same time.
Do you think it impossible that hurricanes could occur in Florida and Hawaii at the same time? They both have the same "hurricane season". It hasn't happened but do you think it would be unthinkable? Do you think that such planning for such an eventuality wouldn't be prudent? Seems that it actually fits the job description of DHS. www.dhs.gov...

so is this a heads up?
Yes. A heads up that there are things to consider that she found have not been considered before. Is it an indication that something is imminent? I don't see that in her address but maybe that's just me.
edit on 9/4/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join