It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISON-The Elephant In The Room

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
can you hear the silence its a little spooky actually, no one is talking,threads are getting buried and the war drums are getting louder. To be honest 90% of general pop have no idea about ISON or the connection it has to the great plague's of the history of earth
318 BC - Ancient Chinese astronomers chronicled numerous episodes where comets preceded plague and disaster. Meticulous observations were compiled in 300 B.C. in a textbook known as the "Mawangdui Silk." It details 29 different cometary forms and the various disasters associated with them, dating as far back as 1500 B.C
15 AD- The star of Bethlehem ?
348 AD - The previous instances were the Plague of Athens in 430 BC and the plague at the time of Justinian which arrived into Constantinople in AD 542. The Plague of Athens was described by Thucydides, while the Justinian plague was described by Procopius, among others.
681 AD - "Comets are vile stars. Every time they appear in the south, they wipe out the old and establish the new. Fish grow sick, crops fail, Emperors and common people die, and men go to war. The people hate life and don't even want to speak of it." -Li Ch'un Feng, Director, Chinese Imperial Astronomical Bureau, 648, A.D.
1014 AD - a swarm of cometary debris struck the Americas, it is thought to have ended the Aztec empire,it caused a tsunami in England. Thousands of people also died in the British Isles and North Sea countries in 1014 Ad
Comet Negra in 1347 - The Comet of the Black Death is said to have coincided with the great plague, the “Black Death,” that killed half the population of Europe from 1346 to 1350.
In France . . . was seen the terrible Comet called Negra. In December appeared over Avignon a Pillar of Fire. There were many great Earthquakes, Tempests, Thunders and Lightning's, and thousands of People were swallowed up; the Courses of Rivers were stopt; some Chasms of the Earth sent forth Blood. Terrible Showers of Hail, each stone weighing 1 Pound to 8; Abortions in all Countries; in Germany it rained Blood; in France Blood gushed out of the Graves of the Dead, and stained the Rivers crimson; Comets, Meteors, Fire-beams, coruscations in the Air, Mock-suns, the Heavens on Fire . . .”
The great Comet of 1680 - C/1680 V1, also called the Great Comet of 1680, Kirch's Comet, and Newton's Comet, has the distinction of being the first comet discovered by telescope. Great Plague of Vienna related to Great Comet of 1680?

2 years ago comet Elenin caused a stir and also got a lot of coverage even the pres Obama conveniently placed him self at Denver airport on the day we were watching for debris but then she fizzled.
1 year ago the media outlets made the Mayan calendar look like a bunch of hocus pokus the mayans wont be wrong, if you can start to imagine how long there calendar took to put together many many many long cycles they will not be wrong!! we will be.
so here we are today with this comet at our doorstep but nothing, not even the 333 yr conection of great toxic comets that cause the death of millions across the world.With all this said and then if you add FEMAs October 1st deadlines home land security orders deadline oct 1st ,schools to fitted out with 3 day survival packs oct 1st NO military leave between sept 29-nov 19 the time ison may cause a disturbance, all embassies in the middle east are closed, should we be worried?
edit on 9/4/13 by Hefficide because: Removed all caps thread title

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CONEDESTROYA

should we be worried?

Sure.
But not about a comet. Leave superstition behind.
edit on 9/3/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ur right on time Phage...it only took you 1 min to reply. Lmao.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Obviously you haven't watched Night Of The Comet, I'd say we should be very worried!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Due to your reply, I will sleep better tonight and the following days to come.

On topic, I don't think it's a big deal except for astronomers and the like. But OP, you're right, if it weren't for what's going on in Western Asia this site would probably be filled with ISON threads.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The only time you worry about a comet, is if you get in it's way.
That not being the case, I am looking forward to a great show.

If you want to add superstition to it, then let's make it a lucky comet !

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I find this utterly interesting. I saw some call this superstition however... Is it really when you put everything together as you have (?) if anything it makes it a huge possibility.

What the Government is doing w/ all their dead-lines... That certainly is 't superstition. The warning Janet gave her incoming replacement... Same thing. So if you add your accurate information..( I'm assuming it 's got some accuracy and some validity to it if you've found it in the History books, literature, writings of Ancients) with the information/clues of our own Government ( Not unless China, Russia, Iran are going to kick our ass for only a few that approve these wars) then by golly I think you're onto something.

S&F

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

The warning Janet gave her incoming replacement
What warning would that be?

( I'm assuming it 's got some accuracy and some validity to it if you've found it in the History books, literature, writings of Ancients)
And of course the "ancients" weren't superstitious at all.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

What warning would that be?

A cyber attack and natural disaster.
I'll look for the link.

Here we go, apparently she's a meteorologist.

Warning the successor, she further said that the newcomer will have to prepare for the increasing likelihood of more weather-related events of a more severe nature as a result of climate change

www.business-standard.com... .html
edit on 3-9-2013 by Yngvarr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I gotta agree with phage on this one, superstitious talk. In my lifetime
alone we have seen a few swing through and they didn't spark any
major plagues.

One of them did however have a large group of superstitious
followers kill themselves because they thought there was a
spaceship hidden in the tail of the comet that would take
them......

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
As much as is wrong with the world, right now.... Today. If a comet were to come along and hit the reset button on this Earth as we know it, it could be the best chance humanity has to survive.

We are a wicked breed. We cherish power over wisdom, we lust for wealth instead of growth and we accept violence because well, peace is just too hard.

Whatever happens to us, we have it coming.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Yngvarr

I'll look for the link.

I'll save you the trouble.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Aren't you a little ray of sunshine.
Untold death and misery is just what we need. And if it really works well, no more human life at all! Yea! Woohoo!

edit on 9/4/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Yngvarr

I'll look for the link.

I'll save you the trouble.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yup, got it. Talk about multi talented, I didn't know she was a meteorologist as well.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
There are legitimate reasons to be concerned about this incoming celestial body. There has been very little data and imaging released by NASA/JPL and professional observatories. Professional astronomers have been eerily quiet about ISON.

Where are the updates on the size, trajectory, speed, and composition of ISON? Is there an up-to-date computer model showing any deviations in expected trajectory? Is this one object or several? Is it the size of a mountain or a larger than average island or is it the size of our moon or larger? Will its close approach to Mars change its trajectory? What affect will travelling through its tail have on the Earth?

Has there been a media blackout?

Is all the war talk meant to be a big distraction to occupy the minds of the general public?

I would say there are plenty of reasons to be concerned that have nothing to do with superstition. Any intelligent person should follow trustworthy updates to keep apprised of developments. Sadly, you are more likely to get trustworthy and timely updates from amateurs that you will from NASA/JPL and the pros. Why they are being so silent is a mystery. NASA/JPL, instead of giving us data and imagery, post juvenile things on their website like... "Stay tuned!"

Check this out...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 4-9-2013 by switching yard because: revision

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by switching yard

Is there an up-to-date computer model showing any deviations in expected trajectory?

Latest observations (8/23/13) show no significant "deviation".
There is no (none, nada) cause for concern. It is a comet which will come nowhere near Earth.

Why they are being so silent is a mystery.
Silent about a comet that won't be visible for months? Why is that a mystery?

edit on 9/4/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I believe that the ancient symbol for a comet was a dagger being held by a hand coming down on the Earth. Yes they have preceeded plagues but then, what doesn't? Also, the last time ISON went by, 333 years ago krakatoa erupted.

It will be lovely to look at, however! Looking forward to the show.
edit on 4-9-2013 by Elliot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

Also, the last time ISON went by, 333 years ago krakatoa erupted.

Please provide evidence that C/2012 S1 went by 333 years ago.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

This is the first trip ISON has made round the inner solar system.

It is visible now if you have a large scope (16"+).

Over the next few weeks it should get brighter, up to a point where you could get away with an 8".

It may or may not become a naked eye object, it isn't looking promising that it will be the spectacle once thought earlier on in the year.

One thing is for certain, it wont have an effect on the Earth.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Which one of these links contain the evidence you request?

Hint: Most of them contain the speculation we are talking about. You do understand speculation, don't you?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join