It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who was/ is the best rapper? Tupac vs Eminem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Why haven't I seen this thread posted before? I think all of this may be subjective.

For me, it obviously comes down to:

Tupac -vs- Eminem

It's almost like, Jordan -vs- Lebron.

I've heard most, if not all, of Tupac's and Eminem's music.

Here are 2 songs to compare:

I choose you, Tupac! I admire both of them. But you have to choose. You think someone better?

These are not the best songs.... too many to pick from.
edit on 9-3-13 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Tupac would always be better than Eminem. Eminem music is alright. To me it's more nostalgic and I like how his voice goes well with the music. I like a few songs. However, I hate when he talks about his family. Like his daughter. To me it seems fake and put on. With Tupac he's really a great writer and his music is timeless.

I would listen to Tupac over Eminem any day of the week.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Eminem!!!!!!!!

My choice is because Eminem can write lyrics that touch me more emotionally than Tupac. His freestyle is much better in my opinion too. ♥ Eminem!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

Eminem!!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I'm also closer to Eminem than Tupac. Figuratively speaking, but you knew that. lol

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Sorry, I'm picking neither.

Nas, 6/9 members from Wu-Tang... Gza blows all of them out of the water. Especially in a freestyle.

edit on 3-9-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

is this a joke?

you can not compare m&m to Tupac.

ridiculous..

i reject his thread on premise alone.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
why would anyone care either way?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Ahhh, thats easy. Pac.

Its more a genre, rap, thuggish, gangsta, story thing (imo).

As long as we bringin a fav or two, remember this?

I know its not one or tother. Still rolls.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Aqualeo, you gotta listen to these guys

edit on 3-9-2013 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

You may as well have asked to choose between Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer.

The answer depends on which Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie was your favorite.

Tupac and Eminem are from two different eras, too. Who knows how Tupac would have gone over now days or how bad Eminem would have flopped in the 80's and 90's.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

I like ems older stuff it was coming out when i was a teenager It actually made me start listening to more hiphop, and then i discovered tupac who I had heard of but never sat down and listened to his music. Well one day i took an herbal remedy for my brain and listened to what he had to say, and now a large part of why im on ats is because of his music. He spoke out against the system, the corruption, and the Illuminati. And he died because of that. Thanks Pac for showing me something I only heard whispers about. See you in the next life brother.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

if were just throwing out favorites now these guys both are skilled at there trade RIP Mac Dre

edit on 4-9-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Tupac Shakur by far is a better rapper. Eminems older stuff is very good, don't get me wrong. I like both of them personally, but Pac takes the cake by a long shot.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I'm going to have to say Eminem! Never really liked Tupac, I guess it comes down to who you can relate to more.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

You're posing a very subjective question... I'm an outsider, I prefer Nine Inch Nails, Manson, Tool and Puscifer...

But I couldn't even choose.. everyone likes what they like.. so threads like these are pointless... it's all opinion based and will ultimately result in a feud ...

But I will be bait..

My best friend loves eminem and I've heard it.. I love his sense of humor, it's catchy.. so if I HAD to choose.. it'd be him.. but it's still far from anything I'd pick to listen to normally.

edit on 9/12/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

top topics

join