It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans, Remember This Day!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
Where Congress stands on Syria
www.washingtonpost.com...

100 of 100 senators shown
247 out of 435 representatives shown

I cannot believe the hypocrisy of those who are leaning towards war. Many of the names have been flaming the Reps for over a decade and then they go and pull the same thing.

The undecided’s grate on my nerves as well. Unless they’re waiting on their constituents to tell them their views.

What a mess. But the optimist in me says that maybe this is the catalyst that US citizens need. I'm not holding my breath though.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Agreed.

Online Poll:
polldaddy.com...

Of those polled, 61,407 voted in support of the Syrian attack; while 667,929 voted against it. The minority, the uneducated, rule the roost again. It makes me think of this fine excerpt from one of Will Farrell's classics:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This is actually my first post on ATS. So, greetings to all the great minds around here.

I've been around this Syrian subject for a long time, and i'm perplexed to the American government posture on this.
I absolutely cannot believe (i'm not American) that American citizens are completely oblivious to this matter.

Why don't we see more people on the streets demanding USA not attacking Syria? Why?
IT IS AN INTERNATIONAL CRIME! Attacking a country without the approval of UN is a CRIME!

Only the American people can demand this from the government.
I fear for the world. Really. I'm 33 years old, and this times really scare me.

American people! WAKE UP! Only you can stop this madness...

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Obama probably knew that Congress would back him anyway, which is why he wanted them to vote anyway... The executive power just wants the people to have the hallucination that their say in the matter is being heard.

Thats the problem with democracy, the ignorant population votes on people they don't know based on their outer appearance (most don't know the true goals and wishes of these representatives). All the while the people who are aware just watch while the country turns to rubble.

Perhaps we, the ones who know better, should do our best to raise awareness to those who can reach out to... thats about as much as we can do.

But in relation to the Syrian conflict, is a referendum at all possible?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by exr777
This is actually my first post on ATS. So, greetings to all the great minds around here.

I've been around this Syrian subject for a long time, and i'm perplexed to the American government posture on this.
I absolutely cannot believe (i'm not American) that American citizens are completely oblivious to this matter.

Why don't we see more people on the streets demanding USA not attacking Syria? Why?
IT IS AN INTERNATIONAL CRIME! Attacking a country without the approval of UN is a CRIME!

Only the American people can demand this from the government.
I fear for the world. Really. I'm 33 years old, and this times really scare me.

American people! WAKE UP! Only you can stop this madness...

It scares me too, and yes its only the american people that can demand the criminal cartel calling itself your "government" to relinquish arms and power for that matter.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by altairpeaceandsecurity

Perhaps we, the ones who know better, should do our best to raise awareness to those who can reach out to... thats about as much as we can do.

Its too late to raise awareness, that work has been done to a great extent, but it will surely be up to the "ones that know better" to pick up the pieces when it all goes tits up.
I have more faith in mankind than i did during the run up to Iraq 2 though.

edit on 4-9-2013 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by altairpeaceandsecurity

But in relation to the Syrian conflict, is a referendum at all possible?

Referendum? Referendums are possible when the government is interested in peoples opinion.
I truly believe that is not the case in US and feel really sorry for that.

How is it possible, a country with 17 trillion in debt engaging in another conflict that is far worst than Iraq?
One conflict that has the possibility - the real possibility - to result in a world nuclear war?

Do they really think that this wont result in "boots on the ground" as they say? I cannot believe how naive the American citizens are believing this crap...

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
Where Congress stands on Syria
www.washingtonpost.com...

100 of 100 senators shown
247 out of 435 representatives shown

I cannot believe the hypocrisy of those who are leaning towards war. Many of the names have been flaming the Reps for over a decade and then they go and pull the same thing.

The undecided’s grate on my nerves as well. Unless they’re waiting on their constituents to tell them their views.

What a mess. But the optimist in me says that maybe this is the catalyst that US citizens need. I'm not holding my breath though.

You seemed pretty intelligent.. Why insult that?

It is all theatre.. I mean it is all quite laughable..

all the sheep who are TOO DUMB to realize ... IT is ALL THEATRE ..FFS!!

Congress, Potus, etc.. -------> Might as well be watching Wizard of OZ!!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Rand Paul sounds great patriotically grandstanding with sound bytes for his own possible run for president, however, Truman was the first president to go war without congressional approval, LBJ did also, Kerry laid out the facts though, Obama is not asking to declare war (a technicality) he is asking to take an action, how do you like that for precedent or president?

With that Rand Paul needs to refer to current precedent and law, not the constitution or James Madison, he is not accurately making a valid argument according to law itself, in 1973 the War Powers Act does give the president power to declare war, now what is the technicality? The president can do so and legally do so, however, it is limited to only 60 days.

Again if using legalities, Kerry successfully handled Rand Paul's weak argument, we all know Obama is damned if he does or doesn't, but clearly Kerry spelled out that he is not asking to declare war.

Rand Paul could have made a better argument by not using declaring war as the example, maybe he would have stood a better chance and looked more credible.

edit on 4-9-2013 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by HanzHenry

You seemed pretty intelligent.. Why insult that?

It is all theatre.. I mean it is all quite laughable..

all the sheep who are TOO DUMB to realize ... IT is ALL THEATRE ..FFS!!

Its not theatre to the people who have watched their families die, its not theatre to the Syrians living in makeshift super campsites. Its certainly not theatre to me. Its actually very worrying indeed.
edit on 4-9-2013 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Just to remind you that you live in a representative democratic republic, not a mob rules democracy.

What the USA needs is a viable third party to split the middle. I suggest calling it something like Progressive Conservative.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
What the hell is up with this Rand Paul nonsense anyway?

Guys, being a libertarian doesn't give you a douche pass. Meaning, douche politicians are douche politicians. I've known people from all parties who've been great people and I've known people from all parties who are douches.

I really get the feeling that this had it's origins in a psyop to discredit and takeover the intellectual processes of weak-willed "conspiracy theorists".

Wtf, can we cut the political crap for once?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roacordo
We can't do nothing about it now. But know this. We need a list. Every good for nothing sell out bastard in that house that voted to help out enemies. We take that list and post it Everywhere. Facebook, every chat room, each place we can find with eyes that read and clearly put we will NOT vote for any one of them again. A clean sweep of the house. New faces will replace each of those that hear not their voters. Let me find the money to run for a position. Ill be glad to argue the corruption of the house till I'm blue in the face!

I have been hearing this for years, you have to realize that ANYONE who gets to positions of power have already sold their souls to the elite.

Until people finally realize this nothing is going to change. The system is completely corrupt and broken.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Standing ovation for Mr Paul for confronting the obviously extremely nervous Sen Kerry. In fact,, I'm not sure that Sen Kerry didn't mess his pants during this hearing!!! Did anybody else notice how he was acting?? Look at the video and watch his hands,,,,,,He's sweating bullets!!!! He'll pick up his pen,,,then put it down,,,he''ll grab a little piece of paper,,,then put it down. It looks like he really just wants to get the flip out of there as soon as possible. I love seeing him sweat!!!!! The agenda is simple, folks. They want to destabilize the region, let Al Kaida take over, then, the elites have power over that region,,,they have been doing this forever and it won't stop unless we stand up and demand that the crooks be recognized and taken away in straight jackets to a facility that can properly deal with their chronic insanity that seems to plague all of our top officials. And,,,speaking about the fact that we don't seem to have much left of representatives in government,,that is true, and has been true for a long time. Did you notice the red hands being held up right behind Sen Kerry?? Those are silenced screams of people who do not want this war!!! almost all of America doesn't want this war. Do you think that they even matter though,,,hell no!! The elite need this war to help start the mass depopulation of the world. Don't believe me???? What does it say on the American Stonehenge???? MAINTAINING WORLD POPULATION UNDER 500 MILLION PEOPLE!!!! Yes,,that IS part of their twisted agenda. Cat's been out of the bag for a long time now, but most of us would rather watch south park or football or the whore who used to be Hannah Montana!!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

I'm sure many of you watched the broadcast of the 'hearing' pertaining to gathering Congressional approval before US military intervention in Syria takes place. With each passing, second, it became obvious to me that my vote... and the vote of every single American... meant nothing. Every one of my votes, since I turned 18 years old back in 1996, were for naught.

I turned eighteen years old in 1977 and I will never have to say this.
Thank you Lord.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Why is that? Do you attend some sort of voters function that guarantees your opinion is heard and taken into consideration?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The resolution drafted by Sens. Robert Menendez and Bob Corker, the top Democrat and Republican on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, grants Mr. Obama power “to use the armed forces of the United States as he determines to be necessary and appropriate in a limited and tailored manner against legitimate military targets in Syria” — but only in relation to that nation’s weapons of mass destruction.

Read more: www.washingtontimes.com...
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

So it is full of loopholes, be prepared for "boots on the ground"

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

You are absolutely right. We have been sold out to the elites. Has been this way for a loooong time. Hey people..WE authorized the chemical use against the Syrians, not Assad!!!! WE are the criminals. And just what do you think is going to happen to US when this is realized by our enemies???? Damned if I hate to say this, but I seriously think that our ass is grass for the crimes against humanity that were,,and have committed over and over and over and over by our psycho power hungry regime? Sorry to have to do this,,but I plead with the countries that hate the U S A,,,,Please recognize that 99% of us here in America are good people,,so please please please target your enemy accordingly and recognize that not all Americans have the same belief or are even aware of what our crazy regime is even up to. All we want is our basic liberties to live life and raise our children knowing that they too will have a future!! May GOD have mercy on our souls.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Did anybody watch what McCain did? After Rand Paul starts talking he speaks to his 'Aid' or whoever that guy is and then blocks McCain from the shot for the rest of the video. What a vagina...

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by HanzHenry

It is laughable in a ironic sort of way. Yet so very sad.

At least the Wizard of OZ had a plot you could follow.

I'm only human, sometimes my emotional side gets the better of my rational side.

Maybe I'm going through Pon Farr.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join