It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans, Remember This Day!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I can only say one thing.

THIS IS MADNESS.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine
Today, on live television, I witnessed the whimpering death of the American system of representative government.

I'm sure many of you watched the broadcast of the 'hearing' pertaining to gathering Congressional approval before US military intervention in Syria takes place. With each passing, second, it became obvious to me that my vote... and the vote of every single American... meant nothing. Every one of my votes, since I turned 18 years old back in 1996, were for naught.

Why do I say that?

Because, as I watched the political theatre unfold I realized that America will launch missiles against Syria.

Despite the fact that the majority of the American public is against such action.
Despite the fact that US military intervention in Syria will aid al-Qaeda, a known US enemy, which is tantamount to treason.
Despite the fact that, even were Congress to vote against military intervention in Syria, the President will use his Executive Powers to defy the will of BOTH the Congress and the people of the United States of America. How do I know this?

Because the Secretary of State, John Kerry, said precisely that when questioned by Senator Rand Paul. Below is the 10 minute exchange between the Secretary and Senator. You will see that when asked by Sen. Paul if the President would respect Congressional disapproval of military intervention in Syria, Sec. Kerry responded that the President would have the authority to still order the strike.

What does this mean? To me, this signified the open admittance that the Obama administration no longer even cares to feign a passing respect for the Founding Fathers and their Constitution, drafted by patriots and passed down to us.

So I say to you, my fellow Americans and world residents, on this day we witnessed the unveiling of the American monarchy. The Constitution is no longer the final word, it has passed into history.
All Hail the King...

I would hope and pray your not putting info from Ron Paul as the reason to do anything or not lol. He has no idea what he is even talking about. It is not nor have it ever been unconstitutional for the president to use our commit the military to action.

Presidents have been doing this since the days the ink was still wet lol. Adams, Jefferson, Monroe, Eisenhower, Reagan, are just a few, oh well don't forget bush, both lol. In fact they were arguing about after it was drafted the way it was because there were so few reps there to even vote on it at the time it was written.

It has been fact that it has been the opposite to what Paul said, the President as commander of all military forces cyan commit those forces to action when he sees fit. Doing so does not mean we have or are at war. When the president has used our forces and it is necessary to bring the country to a declaration of war then congress will do that. There is allot of difference between using force and declared war, for the whole country including business and corporate America. Bottom line they started arguing about this before the constitution was even ratified.
Historically, the President has had the right to commit troops into action without congressional approval. Of course they will always argue about it will happen again in the future, it will happen again.

I just had to correct this misconception that Ron Paul knew what he was talking about, he didn't. Obama is actually setting a new and dangerous precedent that maybe used to tie future presidents hands when they need to use military force to protect our interest.

What is refreshing is to actually see the president and Republicans actually working together, was proud to see Boehner and reed support him even before the hearings. I think they should not have had open committee and just done classified meetings and show evidence and get it over with.

Anyway it's late, the Bot

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Is the point of this to cause WW3?

Its like I'm in the movie 300 and congress is just kicking the american public down the well!

i can hear them now "be a good patriot" and finance this war which 90% of you don't want while we send your youth to the killing fields to fight for the sake of our sworn enemy!

I'm over this now there isn't any rational explanation to add debt to a collapsing economy for a war only 10 percent of the population wants

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Do you really expect this President to deny himself, and his wall street cronies, two wars for the cost of one. (Yes, the second one with Iran, once Syria is US-pacified).

Having watched this dog and pony show on C-span, I am reminded of a saying by the now dead Georges Clemenceau; "America is the only nation in history which miraculously has gone directly from barbarism to degeneration without the usual interval of civilization."

Looking back to four decades of wars I tend to agree with him. This will probably go on endlessly, because even Eisenhower warned about the mad crazy bastards constituting the military-industrial complex that needs to feed the 'beast'.

One would have to suspend disbelief, to buy all the crap coming from the Hill nowadays. And people still buys it, with a huge portion of fries on the side

edit on 4-9-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

protect our interest
reply to post by dlbott

when 90 percent of the population isn't interested in this war then who's interest is it actually? I believe you have the right to disagree with the people here but I seriously doubt you know the severity of what this strike will cause and while ignorance isn't a crime it also isn't a defense in a court of law! When people like you back this it cost american lives, Sorry to be a jerk but 1,4050 Syrians are not worth the cost of millions of lives if this thing blows up in our faces for WW3! Its tragic its deplorable but it not our problem

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Time to start taking names, come election time no matter party affiliation, vote them out on their asses.

If people stopped voting along party lines, and maybe voted for the guy with out a chance, we might see some real change.

All it would take is one election where every incumbent was out on their ass for them to get the message.

ETA: and if you can get petitions started, hell start recalling the bastards now.
edit on 3-9-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

Does it matter anymore? Next time, it will be more psychopaths running for office. These evil people are inter-changeable.

After today's hearing I have no doubt in my mind that they are blood thirsty, evil, psychopathic people, who are in serious need of a psychiatric evaluation. I've never seen so many people in one room wanting destruction. They are glorified killers amongst themselves. They are detached and have no conscience. Look at Mc Cain, playing a game on his cell phone during the hearings. He doesn't care. He's bored. Then he had the utter gall to joke about his shameful behavior after he was caught.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

The Republic our for fathers fought for is gone.........Let that sink in. Shame on all of us for letting things get this bad. What can we do?

Why even lie about it anymore? WE DO NOT LIVE IN A REPUBLIC RULED BY LAW. Sorry about the yelling.

Is there not a single Jefferson or Adams among us?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

They want to do this, even though this country is in serious financial trouble. We don't have money to continue programs for children ie: head start, but we have money to fund wars. People are still out of work, losing homes, losing jobs, or have had wages and hours cut due to obama's health care act. So many are suffering, struggling, and they sit at this senate meeting, with smirks on their faces, and laughter all around while many of us are holding on by a thread out here. They act like kings.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy

protect our interest
reply to post by dlbott

when 90 percent of the population isn't interested in this war then who's interest is it actually? I believe you have the right to disagree with the people here but I seriously doubt you know the severity of what this strike will cause and while ignorance isn't a crime it also isn't a defense in a court of law! When people like you back this it cost american lives, Sorry to be a jerk but 1,4050 Syrians are not worth the cost of millions of lives if this thing blows up in our faces for WW3! Its tragic its deplorable but it not our problem

When you have dumbed down swine, satisfyingly grazing on cheap swills, offered to them by an apparently good-hearted farmer, that on the side prepares the consequential slaughter, who among the unsuspecting animals are aware of the ominous consequence of eating too much of the 'tasty' crap served from their Lord and master?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Every single one of those moronic scumbags should be held personally and legally accountable for WW3, and they should pay for it - and for the lives of our military that will be massacred.

It's just about pay back time.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Dreine

I'm not ready to hail to the king just yet. Yes, this was painful to watch. It appears the political theater is in full swing. Some of the actors aren't even very convincing.

Is it just me or did anyone else have the urge to smack that smirk off of McCain's face?

Quite a few times.

I also thought that his joking back in forth with his fellow John (Kerry) was in poor form considering the gravity of what was being discussed.

Also interesting was watching the Johns squirm and squint as Rand Paul was making his case and asking questions. Kerry has no poker face at all.

He barely looked Rand Paul in the eye as he spoke. He put his head down and scribbled on his tablet and shifted around in his seat and smirked. Then when it was time for him to answer Rand's questions, he completely shifted right back to what obama wants. No real answers, just deflection, smoke and mirrors.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taissa

Originally posted by benrl
Time to start taking names, come election time no matter party affiliation, vote them out on their asses.

If people stopped voting along party lines, and maybe voted for the guy with out a chance, we might see some real change.

All it would take is one election where every incumbent was out on their ass for them to get the message.

ETA: and if you can get petitions started, hell start recalling the bastards now.
edit on 3-9-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

Does it matter anymore? Next time, it will be more psychopaths running for office. These evil people are inter-changeable.

After today's hearing I have no doubt in my mind that they are blood thirsty, evil, psychopathic people, who are in serious need of a psychiatric evaluation. I've never seen so many people in one room wanting destruction. They are glorified killers amongst themselves. They are detached and have no conscience. Look at Mc Cain, playing a game on his cell phone during the hearings. He doesn't care. He's bored. Then he had the utter gall to joke about his shameful behavior after he was caught.

You, my dear, made the best assessment of what really took place in that place filled with so many evil minds. John McCain playing poker on his iphone was just symbolic how detached these demons in fancy clothes are from reality. They simply don´t care. To them the most important thing is to never get bored by ordinary things that pleasures ordinary beings. They get a rouse from death and destruction and high stakes gambling. The very signum of a sociopathic mind.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by caterpillage

Aww man, just look at that piece of crap McCain, squirming around like he is disgusted by this.

I know aye... when Rand starts talking about how the constitution explicitly states that the President must have the authority of congress to declare war on another nation, McCain starts making weird faces as if Rand were a fool and even whispers something into that other guys ear, I assume it was some sort of insult towards Rand because it put a small smirk on his face. I really couldn't make it past a few minutes of the video because it was like watching a gang of thugs pick on the only sane and intelligent person in the room. What annoys me most of all is their egotistical attitude, they honestly think they are more intelligent than Rand, like he's a lunatic for wanting the constitution to be upheld and they're the rational ones for wanting war at all costs.
edit on 4/9/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I'm sure many of you watched the broadcast of the 'hearing' pertaining to gathering Congressional approval before US military intervention in Syria takes place.

I enjoyed watching Rand Paul literally make John (WInter Soldier) Kerry squirm.
I enjoyed that a great deal. And especially when the exchange went something like this ...

Kerry - we are not going to war
Paul - ask our service members on those ships in the Mediterranean if they are at war when they are shooting off all those Tomahawk missiles.

That's paraphrased .. but I really liked that!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

I would hope and pray your not putting info from Ron Paul as the reason to do anything or not lol. He has no idea what he is even talking about. It is not nor have it ever been unconstitutional for the president to use our commit the military to action.

You are mistaken. Unless of course you can demonstrate how Syria is an imminent threat to US right now. Assad hasn't even threatened US (like Saddam did) much less taken action against US. Even Obama understands the constitutional limitation.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I had a funny conversation yesterday with someone whom is a rabid Obama supporter. I wasn't so much bashing him as i was throwing out concrete facts about his presidency , and the rebuttal i got thrown my way was "yeah well,he isn't the one in charge anyways.There is someone or something behind the scene pulling the strings". I almost fell off my chair as they essentially made reference to what some would call the Illuminati .I couldn't even say anything after that . Any time i have ever made any kind of reference to any kind of hidden hand at work in the world it would get disregarded as crazy speak, but now it was getting used as a crutch for this Obama supporter to stand on.

p.s. let it be known that i am neither republican or democrat, and i had originally supported Obama
edit on 4-9-2013 by Haze617 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
It's almost like seeing people come to the realization that there is no Easter Bunny. People, many of us have been trying to make you understand that there is no difference between the Republicans and Democrats. They all subscribe to the same agenda, all answer to the same masters, and are systemically corrupt as a result. Singling out individual pols from these parties may seem effective but it is a waste of time. There are busloads of replacements being groomed in their minor leagues. That's why nothing ever changes --- except for the faces.

Do you REALLY want to change things? Throw ALL Republicans AND Democrats out. And with them, all politicians who have ever been associated with EITHER party. Third party candidates only. Now to be sure, the nefarious powers that lurk in the shadows and pull the strings of government will work quickly to pervert these new politicians as well. But they will not have the advantage of a Party mechanism with which to do it. They will be forced to work politician-by-politician and that will take time. Enough time, we can hope, that this new group will expose what has been going on and make the necessary moves to right the ship.

This is our ONLY hope. The alternative is simply unthinkable.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roacordo
We can't do nothing about it now. But know this. We need a list. Every good for nothing sell out bastard in that house that voted to help out enemies. We take that list and post it Everywhere. Facebook, every chat room, each place we can find with eyes that read and clearly put we will NOT vote for any one of them again. A clean sweep of the house. New faces will replace each of those that hear not their voters. Let me find the money to run for a position. Ill be glad to argue the corruption of the house till I'm blue in the face!

But who are you going to replace them with? corruption is rife in governments, when easy money is available then corruption is commonplace, and for the very very small fraction of humans who would not succumb to such bait, they are squashed and never heard of again... I do see your point and it's a good one, it's just not always possible to swim againt the current..... I think it's more a case of the devil you know, may be better than the devil you don't know.......

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Roacordo

I have stared you for your passion , but I feel there will never be another election in the U.S ( not for the foreseeable future ),this will be very quickly be converted into a dictatorship.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

I beg to differ the system has been corrupted , laws written that do not hold water with the constitution of America and a President who makes it up as he goes.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join