It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans, Remember This Day!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+66 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Today, on live television, I witnessed the whimpering death of the American system of representative government.

I'm sure many of you watched the broadcast of the 'hearing' pertaining to gathering Congressional approval before US military intervention in Syria takes place. With each passing, second, it became obvious to me that my vote... and the vote of every single American... meant nothing. Every one of my votes, since I turned 18 years old back in 1996, were for naught.

Why do I say that?

Because, as I watched the political theatre unfold I realized that America will launch missiles against Syria.

Despite the fact that the majority of the American public is against such action.
Despite the fact that US military intervention in Syria will aid al-Qaeda, a known US enemy, which is tantamount to treason.
Despite the fact that, even were Congress to vote against military intervention in Syria, the President will use his Executive Powers to defy the will of BOTH the Congress and the people of the United States of America. How do I know this?

Because the Secretary of State, John Kerry, said precisely that when questioned by Senator Rand Paul. Below is the 10 minute exchange between the Secretary and Senator. You will see that when asked by Sen. Paul if the President would respect Congressional disapproval of military intervention in Syria, Sec. Kerry responded that the President would have the authority to still order the strike.

What does this mean? To me, this signified the open admittance that the Obama administration no longer even cares to feign a passing respect for the Founding Fathers and their Constitution, drafted by patriots and passed down to us.

So I say to you, my fellow Americans and world residents, on this day we witnessed the unveiling of the American monarchy. The Constitution is no longer the final word, it has passed into history.

All Hail the King...

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I hope this is not your first realization that our representative govt. has died b/c that had already occurred a long time ago.

reply to post by Dreine

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I am surprised, I am watching CNN and they are just making things up, they haven't done any research, just saying opinions without any facts to back them up.

I am surprised no one is asking the important questions or attempting to gather intelligence and form an informed opinion.

I just heard one lady talk about being a mother, as if it was related, which... this is why I watch news from outside the U.S.
edit on 3-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
We can't do nothing about it now. But know this. We need a list. Every good for nothing sell out bastard in that house that voted to help out enemies. We take that list and post it Everywhere. Facebook, every chat room, each place we can find with eyes that read and clearly put we will NOT vote for any one of them again. A clean sweep of the house. New faces will replace each of those that hear not their voters. Let me find the money to run for a position. Ill be glad to argue the corruption of the house till I'm blue in the face!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Is it at all possible to ask your government to call a referendum.
So you all get a say on voting.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekingAlpha
I hope this is not your first realization that our representative govt. has died b/c that had already occurred a long time ago.

reply to post by Dreine

This isn't my first suspicion, but to see it said... openly... was a day I didn't think I would live to see. For all these years now, they (our rulers) have done a rather good job of using doublespeak to hide the truth from the masses.

But what Kerry said today was in plain English for the world to hear.

Which means they have no fear of the people, the government is now fully in charge and will do as it pleases without hesitation.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Time to start taking names, come election time no matter party affiliation, vote them out on their asses.

If people stopped voting along party lines, and maybe voted for the guy with out a chance, we might see some real change.

All it would take is one election where every incumbent was out on their ass for them to get the message.

ETA: and if you can get petitions started, hell start recalling the bastards now.
edit on 3-9-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The NSA gathered dirt on so many members has been used as "leverage" against those who may disagree because too many with real power stand to profit from the war machine.

Well, except for a few real dummies, who actually do believe what they are being fed.

There is no other explanation.

edit on 3-9-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Precisely what I plan to do, Benrl. As I think every American should do... every incumbent voted out, a complete government turnover.

However, with what Rand Paul did today, I will seriously consider making an exception in his case. If he continues to be a voice of the people and not the machine.

Time will tell.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

So people were mad when they thought Obama would go ahead with the strike without Congressional approval...and now people are mad that Obama went to go get Congressional authority and it looks like they will approve it.

You, as a citizen, have no say in these votes. Your say is on election day, and that is all. If you disapprove with the way your representative or senator, vote him out on the next election day. As a citizen, that is your only power granted to you by the Constitution.

The system is working exactly how it was designed.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine
You will see that when asked by Sen. Paul if the President would respect Congressional disapproval of military intervention in Syria, Sec. Kerry responded that the President would have the authority to still order the strike.

This is a line of thinking that goes back to Vietnam. This line of thinking was what brought about the War Powers Act. An act that was completely disregarded by Reagan in South America and Iran. If not for the likes of Colin Powell, would've been disregarded by Bush Sr., if Donald Rumsfeld had his way. It was the same line of thinking that allowed Clinton to bomb Serbs out of Bosnia. When the neo-cons took the government in the first decade of the century, this line of thinking allowed nearly unrestrained military action by the executive branch. Holding both houses of congress for most of his term proved useful in defying any opposition to the idea.

Obama is not the first and he will not be last.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekingAlpha

reply to post by Dreine

This isn't my first suspicion, but to see it said... openly... was a day I didn't think I would live to see. For all these years now, they (our rulers) have done a rather good job of using doublespeak to hide the truth from the masses.

But what Kerry said today was in plain English for the world to hear.

Which means they have no fear of the people, the government is now fully in charge and will do as it pleases without hesitation.

Absolutely true. And not only is the government not listening to the people, whomever is in charge is confusing congress with sales talk, I didn't know it was that bad over in D.C.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienScience
reply to post by Dreine

Which is to make bad decisions, apparently.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Dreine

So people were mad when they thought Obama would go ahead with the strike without Congressional approval...and now people are mad that Obama went to go get Congressional authority and it looks like they will approve it.

You, as a citizen, have no say in these votes. Your say is on election day, and that is all. If you disapprove with the way your representative or senator, vote him out on the next election day. As a citizen, that is your only power granted to you by the Constitution.

If Congress approves the strike, and I believe they will, the system works. I do not agree with their decision, but that's not the point.

The precise point I am referring to is the fact that a high ranking Cabinet member said point blank on national television that the President of the United States of America will do what he wants even without Congressional approval, an approval that he MUST have according to the United States Constitution.

A President who acts as he wishes, without regard to the Checks and Balances put in place to protect against any branch of the government acting unlaterally... is akin to a king.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Aww man, just look at that piece of crap McCain, squirming around like he is disgusted by this. Arizonians, you are seriously not going to ever reelect this garbage ever again??? Every single day, I am becoming more fearfull of what this out of freaking control government is doing.

#pissed #had enough #these bastards need to GO!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Absolute lunacy.

Is there no process for ending the presidents term, based on incompetence or corruption?

I would see it as the responsibility of every american to now canvas the local population to vote out the republicans and democrats. Things will never improve if you continue with these gangsters.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

I work a lot and don't have the luxury of watching videos or visiting certain parts of the net, so I am left out of important details. Today I had the displeasure of watching this episode. It was nuts. I watched McCain play with his white phone for the first whole minute of the video.

Anyway, Kerry said it three times that Assad had used chemical weapons on his own people. Are there any documents, reputable eye witnesses, or any physical evidence that Assad had done this? I have only seen pics and news articles making this claim.

I have been visiting some threads here that claim this chemical attack was done by other rebels and/or by the American government. Again, all I see are news articles. And when I watched this video episode today, no one else asked for evidence either. So, where is it? Anyone know?

Sorry to be so ignorant of the whole thing. Thanks.
edit on 3-9-2013 by Hollie because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Dreine

If Congress approves the strike, and I believe they will, the system works. I do not agree with their decision, but that's not the point.

I disagree.

Any public representative should be representing the wishes of his constituents. Failure to do so, kind of indicates that the senator has his own dog in the race.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

The War Powers Act is an abomination and should be stricken from our laws.

Executive Orders have a time and place... sending this nation to war is far beyond what any one man should be able to do.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

reply to post by Dreine

Which is to make bad decisions, apparently.

That is a matter of opinion.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join