It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Board Suggestion: OP Gets A Special Border Within Thread

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Seeing as the new site is going to be rolled out at some point, I wanted to make a little suggestion/request. Could the OP of a thread be given a specific border? No idea if this would be difficult or well received, but I like that on Reddit the OP has a bold name. I think it would be especially useful for the new AMA threads.

I don't want some garish ting with OP plastered everywhere, just a subtle differentiation.

Member and Mod thoughts?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Yeah, that would be cool. Or some subtle way to tell the OP would be nice. Sometimes I read threads from back to front, as odd as that sounds

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Oh, oh, this! Definitely this! The more people that reply to a thread, the more easily lost the identity of the OP is. I know someone's going to pipe up with "Dude, just recheck the OP", but when someone's on a reply roll, I doubt they're thinking of doing that. More likely thinking of getting their thoughts posted before the thoughts scatter.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I like the idea!

Good suggestion!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I support this idea. I don't always pay attention to Avatars, especially OP avatars in the thread, so sometimes it's hard for me to follow who says/supports what when I don't remember the OP name or Avatar.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Ha! I do that a lot. When you have a ton of pages and missed the middle it makes sense. I try to read at least the first 3-5 pages, a few in the middle and then the last 3. I agree subtle is key here. Even just a darker background for the OP would be nice. Just a little something.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

100% agree...yes yes yes. I sometimes forget who the OP is and lose the relevance of the response, especially when the thread gets long and I come in late.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Dude, just recheck the OP

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

I don't want some garish ting with OP plastered everywhere, just a subtle differentiation.

Member and Mod thoughts?

What's wrong with garish? We should have flashing lights, obnoxious music, and "congratulations...you've won"

notices like the advertisements on ATS. If it's a notification then BE NOTICED!!!!!

edit on 4-9-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

does it matter who the OP is ???? once you have actually read the OP [ a task I suspect many people skip ] - does it matter who a reply is from ?

PS - to locate OP contribution - click " posts in thread " below their name - PPS that works for any other thread contributer too

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Good idea. Done.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Very nice! thank you!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I think it works very well on the darktheme, I would try maybe a color for the light theme? maybe some dark orange, or a fine blue line, something other then grey. Like the nice green on the Dark theme.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

A brilliant idea.
I too would love to see some form of visual notice that a person partaking in the thread is the thread starter. A simple little "OP" badge on the post would be great.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Sweet, it matches my background color. I like it.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

That was quick...I like it!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Yes, that is great

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

It's not very discernible in "go-light" mode.
edit on 4-9-2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Now it is

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I"m late to this but .... that's really a good idea.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join