It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV Reporters Trapped in Volcanic Eruption - VIDEO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
This is the Ubinas Volcano, in Peru. A lot of snow accumulated on top of the volcano went down the crater, creating this reaction. At least is what they said. I think they call it phreatic eruptions. VERY impressive I must say.

00:30 They start to freak out and run looking for cover, while the big cloud approaches.
00:45 You can hear the rain of ashes.
01:05 All dark "No se ve nada" (See nothing).

elcomercio.pe...

The Geophysical Institute of Peru (IGP) released a video of one of the explosions that have occurred since Sunday in the Ubinas volcano, located in Moquegua. In the recording, you can see how the ash is spread through the area surrounding the crater.

Orlando Macedo, Arequipa IGP representative, said that so far and since Sunday were six explosions, each less intense than the last, all caused by heavy snowfall in the country's south.

"This has happened for years. The water contact with the hot part has caused the explosions and as much water that continues to flow, there are repeated explosions, "he said when interviewed by the correspondent of The Trade Area, Carlos Zanabria.

edit on 3-9-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Great video guy. All hell breaks loose and he just keeps filming. Short run for cover and just keep it rolling.

MSM could learn from him.

I hope they have at least dust masks although you need pretty good ones for this.

These guys don't even panic! Epic. Balls the size of basketballs.

P

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Yeah, very scary. The most disturbing part for me is when you can hear the ashes coming down. Sorta "too late for you now" sound.

new topics

join