It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE: Game Time: McCain Plays Poker During War Hearing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

As the hearing continues, our ace photographer Melina Mara reports she spotted Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) “passing the time by playing poker on his iPhone during the hearing.”

We eagerly await the photographic proof, but generally trust Melina’s sharp eye.

Read More Here:

So an update. Senator McCain responds via Twitter with the following:

Scandal! Caught playing iPhone game at 3+ hour Senate hearing - worst of all I lost!

3+ hours? Who cares because you apparently don't Senator. What a joke. Get ready folks because we are going to war yet again.
edit on 3-9-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
My first response was light. This is how our politicians see this game, to use the pun. A dog and pony show at best, we are being led down another trek into the Middle East to meddle or disrupt yet another country's affairs. I know, the use of chemical weapons is sad; but why hasn't the UN stepped in then?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Of course he wasn’t paying attention.

He made up his mind about Syria and the ME long ago. He’s just going through the motions now.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Double

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
My first response was light. This is how our politicians see this game, to use the pun. A dog and pony show at best, we are being led down another trek into the Middle East to meddle or disrupt yet another country's affairs. I know, the use of chemical weapons is sad; but why hasn't the UN stepped in then?

All of the crap made about "NO WMD'S IN IRAQ" opened everyone's eyes to this charade.

The crazy thing is, those who wanted us to see the charade are the ones trying to perpetrate it today!!!!! And they're not even doing as GOOD OF A JOB!!!!

WTF?

Is this the Twilight Zone????
edit on 3-9-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Its so obvious i can't believe they are even trying it.

Wait, is it only this obvious to us?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
Its so obvious i can't believe they are even trying it.

Wait, is it only this obvious to us?

Nah, they are going to debate it. We are not a warmongering nation. When we act, we do so with impunity and with great angst.

And no, it is not just obvious to us (I assume you mean ATS'ers). People themselves have drawn their red-line and a large chunk of the country does not want this to happen.

Here is a question to all you though..in 1990 the New York Times put out this piece: Who Can Declare War?

In it, the author writes:

According to the Bush Administration, the fact that the Constitution gives Congress, and only Congress, the power "to declare war" doesn't stop the President from starting a war on his own...The Administration's interpretation does violence to the most natural reading of the Constitution. The power to declare war means, in the simplest understanding of the words, that Congress must enact a declaration in order to commit the United States to war.

Where is the NY Times now?

top topics

join