How to end a century of lies and mass mind manipulation ushered in by one man.....do you know who?

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
If you know who then you can probably skip this thread.

If you don't know who, you may be in for a surprise, not on the "who", but on the hidden, pervasive, insidious legacy of this man the permeates almost every corner of modern life, especially in the West.

This man is Edward Bernays, one of his most famous quotes can be found in my signature:

"The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. "

People who are aware of this question everything everywhere, at school, at work, at home, at church and especially in the media. It is not a paranoid questioning, more of an gut check questioning; an analysis of the messages and "culture" that we are bombarded with in all aspects of our life to see if they resonate and are compatible with the values of old that seem to be eschewed by modern day society that worships the cult of celebrity, consumerism and appearance.

America has been plagued by a powerful mind control tactic which was suggested, experimented with, and fully implemented over a century ago by a man named Edward Bernays. The time has come for Americans to come to grips with the content and theories that Bernays used to influence American history. It’s time to call out the legacy of deceit and manipulation that this man brought to American history; by doing this, only then can America begin to heal from the web of psychological damage inflicted on a nation.

It was the deceptive Bernays who studied his uncle's work (Sigmund Freud) on psychoanalysis and thought through his own theories about human behavior and how to manipulate the masses. When speaking of Bernays we are talking about a man who seemed unattached to human suffering.

Link

I had been thinking about starting a thread on this topic for a while from this article from Activist Post, and the constant bombardment about Syria in the MSM reminded me of the pervasiveness of these mind control techniques, plus I'm sick of hearing about that topic, not that's its been overexposed that much on ATS.

Also, I couldn't decide in which forum to place this topic, New World Order, General Conspiracies, Deconstructing Disinformation.........but Education and Media won out.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
i swear you were going to say mayer amschel rothschild but i digress this guy probably learned a few things from him anyway.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
i swear you were going to say mayer amschel rothschild but i digress this guy probably learned a few things from him anyway.

When I saw the name in your paragraph I laughed, because you're right! But Mayer Amschel Rothschild, the father of modern central banking, aka steal from the poor and give to the rich, or how to rule the world in ten easy steps, would probably be better discussed in a thread on "How to stealthily take over the world and let your future generations rule unbeknownst to the masses" or something along those lines.

That would be a great thread, I'm sure there are some here, but I just wanted to contain the conversation to psychological control, and not financial/political control, though of course if you have the latter you can certainly use the former.

edit on 3-9-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

thats cool amigo, i always enjoy your threads, i know a lot of people give you a lot of flack for your theories, but i find them interesting and i respect everyone's opinion except maybe Phage.

notice i capitalized Phages name and not mayer's, that's because although i dont see eye to eye with Phage on much, he's a human being like me, mayer rothschild is a single celled amoebae to me and they do not warrant the use.

i think a lot can be said of psycho manipulation since it is used so heavily today. perhaps it's been going on for thousands of years the point still remains, it's a problem that needs attention, at least. today's media, tv\big screen programing, education system, are all designed to promote the agenda of those making the rules, or those with the power or those with most of the money and in that order.

how do we collectively fix such a disaster, i have to admit for the first time in my life, i'm really ready to throw in the solutions towel on this sick society and that makes me feel very ill indeed.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Interesting documentary I saw a few years called Starsuckers. A brief summery:

"Starsuckers is a documentary by Chris Atkins which concerns our obsession with celebrity and explores how we are genetically predisposed to want celebrity for ourselves. It shows how the media use this to manipulate us."

Can watch it here.. Starsuckers

edit on 3-9-2013 by Horus12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

I enjoy your posts as well brother; I have seen you as well weathering a storm of scorn for uncommon positions and opinions.

I think Phage is human being and not a collection of various PhD's manning computers run by Fort Meade and logging in from all over the place, though it is my opinion he has an agenda that is not his own.

As for Mayer Amschel Rothschild, it is hard to imagine the scope of human deaths and suffering he is responsible for during and since his lifetime; I truly wonder what happened to his soul - or maybe it is obvious.

Some say it only takes a half of one percent of humanity to raise its consciousness to usher in a change or save us from a big reset, some people are really trying like this one:

Shift Into One

Namaste

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Any thread on Edward Bernays should include this documentary

The Century of the Self

Full Documentry
vimeo.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

i hope some are correct on the math.

it's my hope the internet can wake more people up to our present illusion, perhaps even with the bad things that happen on this place, much good can come from that. maybe your post will wake someone up who knows, i suppose every little bit helps.

yeah i tend to say whats on my mind or not at all and sometimes my ideas, thoughts, feelings and so on, sometimes clash with others, but i respect them for theirs as well and always try to be civilized and non violent in my life.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Edward Bernay's book "Propaganda", should be required reading for all students upon entering high school. As should Orwell's 1984. But then, that would let the cat out of the bag, wouldn't it? S&F.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Here is what ATS has had to say about this previously:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I wonder why they named a special sauce after the guy?...................
There are some real winners who contributed to the perfection of mass mind manipulation........
The people who persue these avenues all seem rather soulless individuals.......Perhaps this kind of interest
is itself a symptom of human depravity.............Cloaked in the shroud of national security,or "science" these very disturbed people find their niche,....and practice their brand of insanity with impugnity...........

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Thank you all for the contributions to the thread, I had not seen some of the videos and will check them out, and I had missed those other threads as well.

Be well my brothers and sisters!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I guessed Bernays, what do I win!?

Some of the things this scum bag said (paraphrasing), "we cant call it propaganda because Hitler used that term. Lets call it public relations".

"Propaganda should also be used in peacetime not just wartime."

Theres a great documentary called The Century of the Self which used to be all over youtube but I now see that the BBC has claimed copyright infringements...

edit on 4-9-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
I wonder why they named a special sauce after the guy?...................

cause a sauce is something you spread over something to make it more tolerable

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
You are right, and I can totally see how he was able to build his theory off of Freud's work. That would also completely explain how come people in our country are so confused - combine patriarchy (where the dad forces his views on his son) with false information and brainwashing and it makes sense.

Also, going against this isn't called paranoia, it is called critical thinking.
edit on 4-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Good old Ed, the 'father of public relations'. He's part of a duo, you know; you forgot to mention this guy, who is to advertising what Bernays is to PR.

Here's the thing. Advertising and public relations both work the way they're supposed to. However, they probably don't work for the reasons advanced by these two gentlemen, but due to the insight, empathy (yes, indeed) and creativity of people who work in those fields.

The psychoanalytic theories of Freud and his disciples — including Bernays — are largely discarded nowadays. So are the crudely behaviouristic ideas put forward by Watson and others. Psychology is a field where practice has always outstripped theory.

Here's another thing. The idea that democracy is something in which the entire public participates is quite new, and at the time Bernays was writing it was by no means universal. Representative democracy was thought of as government by an elite (exactly the way America's founding fathers thought of it, by the way) and the general public had to be persuaded to make the right choices, electorally and in every other way. They had to be manipulated and ruled for their own good.

We (at least some of us) think differently today. But social and intellectual fashions change. Modern nation-states are not like ancient Athens; government by assembly or by referendum would equal anarchy.Humans still need to be led, and some form of representative democracy is inevitable. Watch this space for developments.

new topics
top topics

join