It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will they shoot back? - Who will shoot back?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This is posted on the eve of what could be the single largest mistake America has made in the Middle East. Already John McCain is on the CNN talking about this evolving into a "Regional Conflict". He then named off most of the Middle East as part of the region.

Will they shoot back?

IMO only one of two things are going to happen.
1. Syria will take an ass kicking with no retaliation from any of it's neighbors.
2. Syria's neighbors will get involved.

I can only sit here and hope that option number one is all that will come of this. If option number two comes down? Well folks it's been fun. Will The Bear continue to sleep?

It's not just "if" it's "who".

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

I have been wondering this all day. I hope people with more military knowledge jump on this thread. I already posted in another thread regarding Syria and Iran's mutual defense pact. I wonder if this is it? Is this gonna be "that" war?

BTW My sig line is Damascus.
edit on 3-9-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
If Syria is Attacked then the Potential for escalation is beyond imagining...

Iran would certainly get involved if french/american/uk forces put boots on the ground

In turn israel would do what it always does and pour fuel on the fire..

i don't even want to speculate on what the russians and the chinese would do should this conflict escalate

Basically what i am saying is so long as the syrian rebels do the fighting the chances of this escalating to an international scale conflict are small.....

then again war in itself is a cruel and unpredictable mistress.... literally anything could happen

these are scary times we live in
edit on 3-9-2013 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I feel like the Russians will not get directly involved. They may support Syira with aid in the form of military equipment and such. Now Iran is a whole other sticky mess.

Does anyone know if Kim Jong Un has been silent through this? I could see him wanting to stir the pot a little further. That is if he's not preoccupied with Dennis Rodman's visit.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Here is the thing at least with Iraq and Afghanistan we were fighting terrorists.

Syria we are aiding them if we do.

And Mrs. and Mrs America we get involved in that crap sandwhich ?

That is one big arse mistake America.

Just a rinse and repeat of Afghanistan in the 80s that lead to the current state of the union.

Someone shoots at you of course shoot back, but right now ain't no one shooting at us not 10,000 miles away in the ME.
edit on 3-9-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Alex Jones is taking calls from Military folks now:

Military voices speak about the Syria Issues

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
People have short memories. Israel has bombed Damascus several times already. And Syria never did anything.

www.zerohedge.com...

How did they react? And that was in May.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Right and Israel bombed Latkia Syria in July. What were syrias allies response? Nothing.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Banquo

Rodman is a US Government Agent. I have video proof.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Well, I don't think Syria will let itself be struck without retaliating. It could theoretically shoot down some missiles, jets and possibly damage naval vessels. I saw Syria mention that it would attack Israel if the U.S. attacked it, and Iran might join.

If Russia has submarines in the region, it could immediately attack our navy once it declared war.
edit on 3-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I think Syria has modern weapons, it is not as easy of a target as terrorists...

new topics

top topics

join