It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activists form human shield to defend vital facilities in Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Sryians are aware of what a US war will do to there country and infracstructure.. Groups have organised human sheilds to surround key buildings and structures... The groups include activists,artists,actors and athletes.. This is a grass roots movement that is gaining a lot of momentum..

The participants are shielding key facilities in the capital, Damascus, pledging to stand their ground until the military threats are stopped or they are killed.

The organizers of the campaign said that they have received calls from all over the world asking for permission to join the movement.

The campaign comes as amid threats of foreign military intervention in Syria.

friendsofsyria.wordpress.com...

Syrians from all walks of life have joined a human shield campaign to help protect the country from potential
foreign military action.

These people have pledged not to move until air strikes are called off even over their dead bodies.. If enough people turn up I guess they will have to call off attacks.. or one can hope..

Good luck to them.. The world is watching..

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
LMAO, that wont make a bit of difference. Remember, when our enemies kill civilians, its murder and a war crime but when the US kills civilians, its collateral damage, an unfortunate by-product of war

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I wonder how many Americans are in that human shield? In fact, I wonder how many Americans would do the same on our own soil?

This if anything will force the hands of our Military to move to strike faster. From a pure Military point of view; If more will come it makes no sense to wait.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
I wonder how many Americans are in that human shield? In fact, I wonder how many Americans would do the same on our own soil?

This if anything will force the hands of our Military to move to strike faster. From a pure Military point of view; If more will come it makes no sense to wait.

American's would do a lot more than that.

If you turned off their cellphones.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
LOL I don't think that'll matter! It's not like we've cared about collateral damage ...... ever!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I agree there is a lot of historic buildings there that need/require protection.

Likely they are the very buildings that Syria will hide their gas delivery systems in.

The US has been so stupid in this...can't even articulate it.

That being said, I am still not sure who did what; Syria, SFA, US.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

I really do not think Assad would be stupid enough to attack his own people with chemicals wepons..He is aware that a reaction would occur. The city that was attacked had just been taken off the rebels by forces loyal to Assad. Why on earth would you attack your own people. Especially when they was an internation chemical wepons expection team in the area.

There where other chemical weapons attack about the same time and Assad has requested the International Community investigate these. Again why would you commit war crimes and then invite the world in to see them.. The whole thing reaks of a false flag to me.. Even CNN have been seen staging news segments on Syria.

Assad has a lot of support from his own people and the international community.. It was not Assad...

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I remember, as probably most people do, the little Iraqi boy who was liberated by the US, British, nato missiles from having arms, legs and a family.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
The thing about voluntary human shields .... they are expendable.
In a war of this magnitude ... they don't matter to either side and will be destroyed.
They'll get the Darwin Award for standing under an incoming bomb.
Cold but true.

top topics

join