It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad Christians (Haters) Giving Good Christians (Lovers) a Bad Reputation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Trolling Christians Video

Ok, so I just came across this vid and thought I'd see what the ATS'ers have to say about it, especially those of Christian faith, in it's many flavors. For all those Christians out there who are the Loving, Caring non Judgemental type, I ask you, WTF is up with some of your fellow brothers and sisters like the ones in this vid???

How and why are they so different from you and you from them yet you all supposedly are students of the same book of truth and wisdom, inspired by the same God??? How can the message be such polar opposites???

Do you Loving Christians believe these people with all their hate messages to be more or less against God than say an athiest or agnostic??? More specifically, are these Hate Monger Christians better off spiritually than a non-believer who simply keeps his ideas to himself???

Often I hear Christians cry out that they are being persecuted for their spiritual beliefs and how the world is against them and their "relationship" with God, but I don't think so. IMO people don't care what others believe as long as they don't puke it up in other peoples faces along with whatever other rotten opinions may be festering inside them.

Nobody has anything against Loving Christians and their belief system, but these other folks, the "Christian Hate Groups" like in the vid and of course the famous Phelps Clan. Well, they are basically nothing more than a nasty festering cancer on the world which I think everyone could do without. That goes double for those out there who also carry with them the label of Christian like the folks in the vid do. So what do you plan on doing about these people who are basically crapping all over your "Christian Name"?? Cause if anyone is destroying Christ and God it's not the Athiest/Agnostic's out there, it's these Radical A-Holes that are and that you should be focusing your attention to.

Of course this is just how I see it. Maybe I'm missing something. What do you think?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

youre no scotsman im a scotsman!
the funny thing about the bible is its original message has been twisted and distorted by so many people over such long periods of time you can use it to justify anything you want. to claim they are not christians because they interpret or cherry pick certain parts of the bible that you do not is pretty disingenuous. the fact of the matter is they are as christian as you are and the religion is not what makes you who you are.

certainly is a refreshing type of thread btw.
edit on 3-9-2013 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I know Christians who are willing to employ unChristian methods to defend Christian ideals, even before the point such methods would be considered "strictly necessary". I'm talking about Christians who decide they want to beat you to a pulp for daring to have an opposing opinion, regardless of how well you can defend it or how sound their beliefs are. This is akin to meeting a gun control activist who shoots anyone who disagrees with them. As long as I continue to see these kinds of Christians roaming around, my distaste for Christian protocol will continue. I mean, how effective can Christianity be when followers break their own edicts in order to defend those same edicts? It makes me laugh.

With that said...

By law, any American can pursue whatever beliefs they choose as long as they do not harm themselves or others. By law, I am not required to believe in their beliefs, and I will tell them so if I am pushed. I've gotten pretty good at keeping my mouth shut though. I pick my fights very carefully when it comes to religion, because it does no good to administer medicine to a dead body.

edit on 3-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

Depending on how one applies the Bible and their spiritual walk in it, can bring out both the best or the worst in humanity.

Our souls are here to be Tested and we should never lose sight in such and always hold onto what is of Good in our heart. The Holy Spirit Knows those sincere in heart for Outpourings of Blessing to bring further into a Holy Alignment by Grace. It is a challenging road.

I find these to be part of the Foundation and are a very Good Guide for those who Truly aim to 'follow' the Way, Truth (the undistorted truth required in Seeking) and Life as we Christians should be striving to in heart and deed.
What are the commands of Christ?
iblp.org...
edit on 3-9-2013 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

It can not be helped I am afraid.

There are extreme muslims like those living and breathing Sharia-law, there are peaceful and loving muslims.
There are peaceful and loving christians, who firmly believes that God is love and that is it. Then there are extreme christians like Jehovas witnesses and Inner Mission(EXAMPLES) who will force their religion onto you and everyone else. Scream up and down the street about how being gay = hell etc. etc. etc.

Religion needs a bit of cleaning up if you ask me. Believe in what you want, pray, sing your salms (they do sound beautiful when a church full of people sing them together), gather with those who share your beliefs. But for the sake of everything that you believe in, dont go preaching about how your religion is the right one, and how everyone else is going to hell and yadda yadda yadda. Dont force your belief on to others. It should be a law. Believe in what you want, but dont force it on others. Let them come to you.
If I am not mistaken Jesus actually said that himself. "Let them come to me" or something similiar eh?
edit on 3-9-2013 by needlenight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sirhumperdink

I don't claim to be a Christian which is why I'm asking those who do make that claim what their opinion is. All I see is a group of Hate filled A-Holes who are not only ignorant of their own Religion but who even go as far as to make up their own parts of scripture to try and help spread their lies!! Did you catch that gerbil part?? I mean what was that all about?? I've read most of the bible myself but I guess I missed the chapter on gerbil usage.

I know many Christians who are nothing like these people, some that have similar beliefs and a few that are just like these people. I like the first set and usually get along just fine with the second group as well, but I have yet to see anyone get along with the last group other then those who are in the last group.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

I had to make sure to watch the video first just to make sure the commentary was fair.

There was John the Baptist, and he reprimanded King Herod because of his fornication; and in front of all the people, at that; that he was breaking the law. But King Herod was bound to the law, a law that he claimed for himself, by nature of his kingship over Israel.

And Jesus went after the Pharisees - not the Samaritans.

And the apostles went after self-proclaimed Christians; not the unsaved.

So when people were reamed out for their wrongs, it was because they had adhered to the faith and had not stuck to it; and therefore, they had become antichrists working within the church and they were stumbling blocks and could possibly lead brothers and sisters astray in confusion.

And as Jesus said, and the apostles after Him, the spirit of antichrist was already there, already invading His message and His church.

People are not converted because we yell at them. People are converted because they see in us brilliance, genius, love beyond measure, strange acts of courage and strange and dangerous acts of giving and nurturing; even to the point where they are attacked by the very same that claim the same way of life.

Hence why the Jews stoned other Jews that had converted; for blasphemy.

The same reason why the Muslim extremists kill Muslims that converted to Christianity; for blasphemy.

For the same reason that Hindus beat, torture, and kill Hindus that converted to Christianity; for blasphemy.

And also the Buddhists do this as well.

Now see this: Christians ought to be setting self-proclaimed Christians right and putting THEM back into their place. But yelling at a world that doesn't even understand what you're saying...

We cannot judge people based on homosexuality anymore. It's not good, don't get me wrong. But these days, because of all the messed up information, and the messed up people raising other messed up people; I mean, really, at this point, I think most all of us are messed up. Society is utter crap. People who think they are acting in accordance with the law of God are actually poor, naked, blind, miserable, and they don't even know it. They look good, sound good, do good, feel good. Oh, very righteous indeed.

You know, Paul did that, too; when he was Saul.

Then Jesus stopped him in his tracks on his way to Damascus to receive more warrants for murder.

And He said, "Saul Saul why are you hurting me?" And Saul said, "Who are you?" And Jesus said, "I am Jesus Christ, the one whom you are killing. Truly it is difficult to kick against the pricks!" Or in other words, to fight against that which you can never win; meaning, to fight against God.

They are fighting against God, and they will lose. Bottom line.

WE need not do that much about them, and there isn't much we can do about them; until the antichrist is destroyed, we cannot remove the antichrist; we can simply try to clear the way wherever we are at. We don't have full power over the antichrist because it belongs to God for the final judgment.

The best we can do is to share our love with people, without any desire for return, without any obligation, regardless of who you are.

But if you claim to be Christian, and you try to hurt others, or you lie, or you try to manipulate or try to put people under the law, or any other such thing, myself as a Christian, it is my duty to confront you. And I will.

I am the best friend of sinners, but the worst enemy of blasphemers.

It's interesting that they say, "What Would Jesus Do?" But they never ACTUALLY GOT IT.

We CANNOT obey the law. If we could, we wouldn't have needed Jesus.

But we can obey His commands; He redefined the law; or rather, He further revealed its true meaning.

This is why I seem to be better friends with people that are not Christian rather than those that claim to be. Because there are not many true Christians these days. And because of that, the true Christians must be spread out thinly over the earth to try to reach the world the proper way; by service and love and understanding.

And then when people see our brilliance, our genius, our understanding, our power, the miracles that surround us that make no sense (not miracles necessarily as in flashy lights, but as in all things work for our good at all times and yet also for the good of all of those around us; but automatically for the worse for all those that oppose us, though they may believe that have power); when people see that, THAT is what converts people.

Not yelling at them. Not showing them a book that everyone has caused so much confusion over.

Conversion happens first.

And THEN the Bible is the proper guidebook.

But if one is not a true Christian, the Bible is foolishness to them, because they don't have the ability to judge.

"The wisdom of God is foolishness to men."

The law is love.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

On paper I am a christian man, for the sake of being able to baptise my children, should I ever have any.
Personally, I dont consider myself a christian. I have read the bible, the quran some buddhist texts and dabbled into other religions. I took all the parts I liked and considered them worthy teachings. Like "love thy neighbour" and "live in the now"

But in support of most christians out there. At least here in Denmark most christians are taught and agree that god is simply love. Pure love between you and your parents, your friends and everyone else for that matter. Its about love and unity. That is what my priest taught me and my class at the time of our confirmation.

We do have some more closed up and "extreme" groups here, like Jehovas witnesses and inner mission. They dont really do much here in Denmark though. Cause no one listens to them anyway, and they have learned that by now.

But the large majority of christians here (and I believe in most other christian countries) simply believe that god is another word for love and unity. 80% of us only go to church at weddings, baptisms and funerals. Some go at christmas too. Thats pretty much it. Priests are even complaining that churches are empty on sundays. My local church only holds a service every second sunday because of this. And theres like.. 4-5 elderly people there at best.

I think we are slowly replacing the need for a god and church with unity and being able to love each other.
Biggest problem is, where are we going to get married once the church closes shop?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Regarding the in-your-faceness, I think spreading the gospel is actually one of the Bible's commands, so it seems that until Christianity fades away as all religions do (which may take thousands of years, alas... Hinduism comes to mind), we're stuck.
As long as it's around, I would like more of it to at least be through loving actions rather than empty, frantic words. Christianity possesses a face of hypocrisy and hatefulness. It's taken on the image of a fear-based religion rather than one built around love. It's no wonder people aren't exactly flocking to it.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

havent watched the vid.

You mistakenly pitch 'loving' against 'naive' [ totally Ignorant] .

Thats a Sin, what you do.

..because yóur goal is, to create a herd od simple, naive, Sheeple.

who have NO IDEA of the thrones attacking them.

so

you sóund lovely and sweet

but you are a Traitor - if you seriously pose your OP.

Regards,

edit on 3-9-2013 by Lone12 because: txt

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

Trolling Christians Video
I think these are hateful people who made this video and the "protesters" against this church and pastor are hateful against good people putting out the warning to repent and be saved.
Anyone who watches this video will know who the real haters are.
It starts out playing Dueling Banjos from Deliverance.
Making fun of them for being white southerners.
Here is a good example of how evil these video makers are.
Making fun of this person's missing front teeth.
edit on 3-9-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

Originally posted by EllaMarina
Regarding the in-your-faceness, I think spreading the gospel is actually one of the Bible's commands...

Therein lies the problem...

Not much good news being spread in that video.

The goodness of God is what leads men to repentance.

NOT yelling at them about gerbils etc...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Hence why the Jews stoned other Jews that had converted; for blasphemy.

The enemy has been here on earth since the fall and the legion influences too have pervaded the scriptures by those snared in 'religious' agendas seeking to distort and misalign Holy scripture to be applied toward a negative agenda (that have seen to the elements above you expressed). The Original Law has been perverted to a degree, applying manipulations by servants of the adversary fooled into an evil will against the Good Spirit in Yeshua.

I am glad you mentioned in a furtherance the Commands of Christ, who still applied the Precepts of the Law for our positive 'narrow' path in this sin heavy world, yet criticized those who had incorporated both the laws and the traditions of men altered and added, set aside from our Messiah. The lovers of power and tradition saw to His murdering, yet He always upheld His Father and His Laws in the Truth to Steer all us children prey to sin by the Grace of His Sacrifice.

Blessings on a path of Aligning, seeing through the corruptions of those that aim to snare greatly, especially in His name. May we the faithful be Deemed Worthy of greater understandings of the Living Word within the Bible and Body of Christ in Sight.
edit on 3-9-2013 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Let me paint it for you.

'Christians'is nothing more but a corral of Sheeple.
When a leader tells his opinion - they follow.

so = whats your thread title about ??

dont you know, that christians have been Indoctrinated to love Gaia, love homosexuality, love demons -

and that " what the Abberations they DONT LOVE, is unchristian"???

that is your thread.

Its Pathetc.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
you are, Sir, if anything, NOT a christian

and if you claim to be one, you ve No Idea what you should believe.

Perhaps you better fit in Buddhism.

that is the all loving of nature wirhout respinsabilities whatsoever.

Shame on you.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by needlenight
reply to post by mOjOm

Biggest problem is, where are we going to get married once the church closes shop?

Well, when you look at it that way, I suppose if that is your biggest problem, then life isn't actually too bad then.

I totally understand the viewpoint of both you and Tarzan. Even the two of you have slightly different ideas of what being a Christian involves, but are still geared in the same direction for the most part. But this other Radical Hate group are way off the map in my opinion. Oddly enough, to them you and Tarzan are the "Non-True Christians" because you don't hold the hard line position which they believe.

Christians seem to argue and work to remove Athiest ideas or Evolutionary ideas etc. most of the time when imo it would seem like a better option to rail against those who claim "Christianity" but spew nothing forth but hate and Damnation to all others but those who belong to their own closed minded beliefs. I think that there are probably many good, decent, loving christians out there who are getting a bad rap because of these other Hate Monger Christians ruining things for them. For example, people of Non-Faith start thinking all Christians are like Phelps or these people in this video, while at the same time people of Faith start thinking all Hardline Athiests are the same as Agnostics. The blending and confusion of these "Classes" just divides us all way too much. In the end the larger majority of those who could probably all get along just fine, are being subdivided through confusion and taking sides against one another by the Extreme Views coming from both sides, which ironicly nobody agrees with except the Extremists themselves.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Lone12

You do realize that after I have posted here that you no longer have any influence over any that are not like you, right?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
your thread is a call to HighTreason

postulating "oneness" above "Truth"

while you convieniently Forget that only Truth brings oneness

you promote but synchromysticism

everyone feeling good indifferent their beliefs and lets call that Gods belief

...awful.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Lone12

You make a perfect example Lone. Thank you for joining in! Where to start??

Well, I've already said that I don't claim to be Christian so the fact that you still are not aware of this at this point shows once again the Extremist's habit of not bothering to read or pay attention to what others are saying, leaving themselves in the position of being misinformed.

You also spend your whole post putting words in my mouth by stating what my supposed Goals are, as if automatically you somehow know more than myself what my intentions are. How arrogant of you sir. Is it your Divine insight which enables you to know the minds of others???

Then you go on to attack me personally by calling me a "Traitor", "Sinner" and "Pathetic" and then you "Shame" me. How appropriate and expected.

Maybe I would fit in better with Buddhist. Not that you would understand what it means to be a Buddhist any more than you understand anything else however.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

2 points:

This will turn into an ugly thread because it touches one of the most important topics in this world (though people don't realize it.)

There will be many that appear to be good and they will not be because of the hardness of their hearts and the narrowness of their minds.

My experience has proven to me that most people are not going to believe until they've truly suffered, or by serious divine revelation.

What makes me the saddest is that the non-Christians are attacked here by the supposed Christians, while everywhere else in the world, the true Christians are being slaughtered by the extremists of other religions; most of which claim to be peaceful.

It's pathetic.

America is an anomaly for Christianity. But soon, Christians will be stoning other Christians, quoting the law. That's where this is obviously headed. And what other name can the children of God be called by? There is none.

Just like, if the USA was to be infiltrated by a horrible regime, then where is there a new land to settle? There is none!

So therefore, the end is near; spiritually and worldly. Because He has already come, and also, there is no more new land.

Evil has prevailed upon all things.

So therefore, that which is perfect is yet to come. So true Christians should not be harming the world further, adding salt to its wounds. How pathetic, and reactive, and base, and silly.

Lone12, it's not about responsibility. How much easier it is for you to accuse regarding responsibility, and yet you cannot muster the courage and the strength to love outside of the law which only you have discerned with your eyes, and not with the Spirit of God.

Satan, the accuser, was cast down and the Lord saw, "him fall down from heaven to the earth like lightning," because "he accused our brethren day and night with no rest".

And so therefore, those who are self-proclaimed, and yet are accusers of those that are ignorant (and to them that are ignorant, there is no sin, for sin is the knowledge of wrong-doing; not the adherence of faith; and with faith is the understanding of the command of the Lord, which is love, not hate); you, therefore, are the tool of Satan.

It is you that should repent. Not the other way around. Hatred fills your soul, and therefore your prophecies are dark, and your knowledge is hatred, and your wisdom is a snare.

As Michael said, "The Lord will rebuke you."

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join