It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got accused of being a LIAR here on ATS yesterday!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Don't worry about it dude. I know it sucks balls when people claim your lying, but unless they have a valid reason why they think your lying then it's probably just some warped sense of self they be having and says more about them than it does about you.

I always think there's some stuff that if certain people were to accept it would shatter their whole belief system and they'd have to make the effort of building a new one and much of society shows that many folks don't seem to like doing that so it's easier to say things are lies, or don't exist, aren't possible. I'm sure much of the science community are a little like that...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Many of us have had our moments of being called one thing or another. You know the truth and there are those who may know and trust you here that also know the truth, so...don't worry, you have plenty of company.

Some choose not to respond to the name callers. I choose to stand up for myself while also allowing them to believe what they will.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Trolls skeptics and shills have to call anyone not fitting into their little bubble world liars,or tell you that you have a psychiatric issue.
All they can do is Google and look at YouTube voids for their alleged arguments ,as none of them have any real life experience to draw from .Or so it seems

Yes,the ones with alleged degrees in psychiatric medicine are the most amusing .
Ignore them .They are sad little people who get off on putting down others

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
so....

I get accused of lying or something else every day on ATS

Besides, everyone lies online, we all like to perhaps exaggerate the truth just a little.

SO I have a rule if someone writes a thread claiming to; have seen UFOs, predicted the future, be a ex-spec-ops CIA superman or claims in a title of a thread to have PROOF!!! CONFIRMED!!!! of x, y or z..... 9 times out of ten until I actually see evidence of their claims I assume they are lying.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Painterz
Having been mostly a lurker here for some time now, it doesn't seem a terribly healthy space for revealing any personal information at all. A lot of rather unpleasant characters around, and a lot of trolls. Personally I'd be wary saying anything too personal about myself.

Some of the things a few people said in a thread about a guys 15 year old daughter were particularly revolting.

But sorry to hear about your experience.

Lol, it's too late for me. I literally bore all on the internet. I wanted to be who I really am warts and all.

I think it is ok to disclose personal experiences. I never judge others and am a liberal minded guy. I know about the thread you are talking about. When it was posted I knew it was going to degenerate. Credit to that guy for making that thread; very brave. We need to be talking about the way we relate to each other; what hurts us and our moral behaviour. It all adds to the data base of human experience that sites like ATS have become.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by melancholiflower
Don't worry about it dude. I know it sucks balls when people claim your lying, but unless they have a valid reason why they think your lying then it's probably just some warped sense of self they be having and says more about them than it does about you.

I always think there's some stuff that if certain people were to accept it would shatter their whole belief system and they'd have to make the effort of building a new one and much of society shows that many folks don't seem to like doing that so it's easier to say things are lies, or don't exist, aren't possible. I'm sure much of the science community are a little like that...

Of course you are right in that.

All I say is keep challenging away.

I have been watching how people react to Phage. He does get attacked rather a lot. He is a bright guy and is able to slam home reality and people get very offended by that.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
If I were you I would take it in stride. Like others have stated, this is the internet after all. There will be no fisti-cuffs as a result of this. None need to be physically reprimanded for their words on the internet. Just take solace in knowing that the words we type, though they may to us in that moment seem insignificant, actually shape our minds and, just by the merit of that, you making this topic and stating your honesty and integrity have strengthened that characteristic in you, if even minutely. And those who scream and shout "Liar!" are strengthening in themselves that characteristic. So, don't lose any sleep over it, and continue being who you are and continue shaping yourself to who you want to be.

Cheers,
/_\.G.R.E

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

difference between truth and lies, you don't have to remember truth......

when you deal with the public ya gotta grow a second skin.... where's yours?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

this is the internet.

Welcome to the internet.

Rule 34

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Don't worry about it, too many here like an argument regardless of what is said. Move on, you are a better person...

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Well this is the internet, everything is a lie and everything is true just a matter who you ask. Seriously the truth gets bashed more than lies do in this world of lies.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Unfortunately, that's a symptom of the world we live in. I think deep down people want to be trusting, but they have been let down and hurt and down right lied to so many times that nobody knows who or what to believe anymore. I'd take it as a grain of salt, but that is always easier said than done. Totally understand your frustration.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I was telling the truth once and was told to "Stop Eating Mushrooms, Thank you!" dude you have to get over it there are some total wankers out there sorry dude
ATS is acting really really WEIRD?!?

edit on 4/9/13 by fr33kSh0w2012 because: (no reason given)

W.T.F. Whats wrong with the Emoticons?!?

WTF IT CHANGED AGAIN!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

YOu might want to get off the net if someone calling you a liar hurts and prompts you to write a thread about it.

If getting called a liar hurts.. wait till you get called a racist or other colorful things

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Well, you can always go for a Guinness World Record of 'Liar Accusations'!...here's another one to add to the record...i think you're a liar...go for one accusation a day, before you know it, you could be famous!

Å99

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

lies at all LIES. nothing else. i embrace you all and stay human and keep trustfull

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1
Don't worry about it, too many here like an argument regardless of what is said. Move on, you are a better person...
dont give people energy they wanna judge you. if you have the power, to get the word out about your life, thats lovely and nice. a lie still stay a lie. and this people know it as well. still embracing you all

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
True that! Dont feed the trolls, I fed them and ATS took away stars and gave me a warning

So brush them off, Im learning too.
edit on 5-9-2013 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join