It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got accused of being a LIAR here on ATS yesterday!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I wrote of a personal experience here yesterday and another member replied and accused me of being a liar. Lol, man that hurt!

The writer of the reply told me that I was a liar and should not post about my personal experiences on the internet. Whattt???

I know that when I read here I don't automatically assume that other members are telling lies. I give them the benefit of the doubt and try to read between the lines. My own savvy usually informs about who is telling porky pies and who is not.

Just for the record in every single post I have made here on ATS I have NEVER lied. I am a sincere member and I only recount as accurately as I can my feelings and experiences.

What is the point of coming here to deceive people? Why do that?

I am an honest guy and I hold those scruples very dear.

I know that some people here do exaggerate and may be there are some posts that are damn right lies, but I never automatically assume fellow members are lying.

I still got a bit of trust in humanity.

Anyway, rant over and no harm done, but it is a little painful to be accused of lying when I work so hard at being honesty and maintaining my integrity. I don't write here for popularity and sensationalism. I don't write here for stars and flags. I write here to communicate and share my own thoughts and concerns and I would never lie.

There are enough lies being told to us already!

Take good care Dear Members!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Get over it man.. sticks and stones and all that...

And why didn't you add your thoughts to that thread instead of making a new one?
edit on 3-9-2013 by misscurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

I don't want to come across as crass or insensitive, but I thought I would point out a very crucial detail that you may or may not have missed: this is the internet. This place is full of trolls and skeptics. There's just no changing that fact, and there's nothing to be done about it except to ignore them.

So someone calls you a liar. Are you lying? No? Then clearly they don't matter. They are being contrary just to bring that reaction out of you. So don't give it to them. Starve them. They'll go pick on someone else and the lesson continues to be learned.

Welcome to the internet.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Do what I do....remember the person who posted it and just regard them as a mental midget.
There are alot of unstable people here.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Yeah, I have had that happen as well.
I just try to remember that there are all kinds on this site, and it's best to just ignore them, and only respond to people that are helpful.

It does hurt though!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I have never told a lie, this is my first one O_o

Lies can be healthy, it keeps your mind fresh and aware.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by misscurious
Get over it man.. sticks and stones and all that...

And why didn't you add your thoughts to that thread instead of making a new one?
edit on 3-9-2013 by misscurious because: (no reason given)

Don't worry I got thick skin.

Just bringing up the subject of honesty and dishonesty and adding to my own record here.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
Yeah, I have had that happen as well.
I just try to remember that there are all kinds on this site, and it's best to just ignore them, and only respond to people that are helpful.

It does hurt though!

Yes it does hurt a little for sure. I am actually very amazed that on ATS there is a lot of quality. I have learned a great deal about this old planet earth from reading here. I am very thankful for that!

I know you are very sincere. I have seen you around here a lot and you sure do have a lot of integrity!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
There are too many mutters on here that seem to get a buzz out of doing that to some people's posts. Don't worry about it. They are more to be pitied than anything else. Silly little trolls behind a computer screen who would wet their nappies if you ever confronted them. Forget them and remember there are countless others on here who believe you and are on your side.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Then you have had your official ATS baptism. We all get called 'liar' or 'disinfo agent' or whatever at some
Now you can say you are really a member.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Being accused of lying has happened to me as well (two or three times). I have made it a point to be completely honest here, I have not told a lie on ATS.

Sure, there is some personal hurt, but I am trying to build a reputation here. I don't mind being seen as wrong or ignorant, but I do hope to be considered honest, reasonable, and polite. Accusations of dishonesty tend to besmirch that reputation, and I want to defend against that.

So in the words of that immoral, err immortal president, "I feel your pain."

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Revolution9
Yes it does hurt a little for sure.

You ought to see my in-box. Might make you feel better.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Being accused of lying has happened to me as well (two or three times). I have made it a point to be completely honest here, I have not told a lie on ATS.

Sure, there is some personal hurt, but I am trying to build a reputation here. I don't mind being seen as wrong or ignorant, but I do hope to be considered honest, reasonable, and polite. Accusations of dishonesty tend to besmirch that reputation, and I want to defend against that.

So in the words of that immoral, err immortal president, "I feel your pain."

That is how I feel, too.

I like to be challenged here. That is a good thing because that is how we grow intellectually.

Like you I am happy to accept my ignorance, being proved wrong and argued with.

It happens when we challenge others. Some people cannot handle being challenged even slightly and it gets their heckles up to a point where they lash out with slander.

There really is no need. We can't be right all of the time, lol. Even the cleverest people make mistakes of judgement. That is the way science has grown and developed.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

Revolution9
Yes it does hurt a little for sure.

You ought to see my in-box. Might make you feel better.

Hahaha! Poor you! I feel for you.

I never hassle you guys and always bow gracefully to your decisions. Thanks for all the time you guys give to making this a quality site.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Liar McLiarson, lol. Sorry had to do it, lol. Laugh at it and look the other way, SQUIREL, lol.
edit on 3-9-2013 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedShirt73

Liar McLiarson, lol. Sorry had to do it, lol. Laugh at it and look the other way, SQUIREL, lol.
edit on 3-9-2013 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)

Received thankfully with chuckles and a smile!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I am an honest guy and I hold those scruples very dear.

that's what a liar would say.
sometimes people protest their innocence too much.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Don't feel bad I was acused by some nut job that I was in the CIA-NSA.
Yeah Right!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I wrote of a personal experience here yesterday and another member replied and accused me of being a liar.

What you need to realize is that the true liars are always quick to call everyone else a liar. They figure if they are, than you must be one too. It's usually the people who don't trust anyone who can't be trusted themselves.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Having been mostly a lurker here for some time now, it doesn't seem a terribly healthy space for revealing any personal information at all. A lot of rather unpleasant characters around, and a lot of trolls. Personally I'd be wary saying anything too personal about myself.

Some of the things a few people said in a thread about a guys 15 year old daughter were particularly revolting.

But sorry to hear about your experience.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join