It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boehner backs Obama on Syria

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Assad has used chemical weapons 24 times.

Why now ?

Kerry Becomes Chief Advocate for U.S. Attack

So what is the real argument for Syria ?

Assad can kill whoever he wants 100,000+ now by conventional means, but draws the line at a thousand by other means.

What a joke.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

The rebels are a mess. I'll agree with you there. I think it would be best served for Kerry and company to better explain which elements of the anti-Assad movement they support, and tell the rebels to destroy the AQ element, else support for their cause will be met with great skepticism in the West.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Sadly the petro dollar is bound to fail and be just a thing of the past with the new emerging economies, US can not hold for too long to that, Americas private interest imperialism is long over due for a fall.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
Like the man said..."this is a giant sh#t sandwich and everybody's gona have to take a bite".

"Lieutenant: Does this mean Miley Cyrus won't be coming?"

This doesn't surprise me nearly as much as the crowd reaction.
I don't hear one at the water cooler, and that's what scares me.
After the lady's rant on YouTube, whoever's not out there telling
everybody else how close we are to the Grand Tour deserves to
be in the front row. It's on those in the know to try and stop this.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Indigo5

Assad has used chemical weapons 24 times.

Why now ?

Kerry Becomes Chief Advocate for U.S. Attack

So what is the real argument for Syria ?

Assad can kill whoever he wants 100,000+ now by conventional means, but draws the line at a thousand by other means.

What a joke.

And the magicians are going to get away with it Neo. "At no time do my fingers
leave my allies' [can't say it, T&C]."
Assad was winning with "conventional" weaps. Why blow it and drop a
can of Raid on the day the inspectors show up? Because it's obvious he didn't.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

With the idea of what is happening to this country having been started 75 + years ago by infiltrating every piece of infrastructure of any importance in this country (education, banking, corporations, and mostly government) why is it people don't think the liberals have infiltrated the GOP.

Boehner and McCain are so obvious they fit right into the Obama doctrine of "in your face" what are you going to do about it...............if people have had doubts this should clear there mind...............and then maybe not.

edit on 3-9-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by neo96

If and When the First American Serviceman comes home in a Body Bag after Serving his time in this Syrian Attack , I wonder how the President and Congress will somehow Explain to US ALL the Justification for his Death......

Simple he will say that because of his or hers sacrifice our allies who can't defend themselves in the ME is now safe.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by neo96

If and When the First American Serviceman comes home in a Body Bag after Serving his time in this Syrian Attack , I wonder how the President and Congress will somehow Explain to US ALL the Justification for his Death......

Simple he will say that because of his or hers sacrifice our allies who can't defend themselves in the ME is now safe.

Bottom line is that now, more than ever, we are capable of reigning terror from the skies without putting boots on the ground. Drones and new missile technology, GPS etc. have advanced rapidly in the past decade. I have a hard time envisioning a Syria scenario where we send in troops. Assad will dismiss the attack as "weak" and ineffective...and if he so much as passes gas toward any neighboring countries, the UN, Israel, USA, UK et al. will hammer them into oblivion. No body bags in this scenario..no troops on the ground. The risk is entirely in what follows in the way of extremists post strike exploiting the outcome or striking the USA in a terrorist attack etc. IMO anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join