It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't I change time zone to GMT+1 in account settings ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I tried to set my time zone (which I found changed in my account settings) back to GMT+1 (Amsterdam) and everytime it showed GMT+4 (Abu Dhabi etc.). Why is that ?

I found GMT-.. time zones can be set, but generall all time zones EAST of GMT (GMT+...) are automatically changed in some time zone several time zones further eastwards.

Is there any logical explanation for this ?

Also, when I tried to reply to posts after having logged in, I got a message saying that anonymous posting is not allowed.... even while I was logged in !

This worked again however after I fiddled around with the time zones for some minutes...

I think this is rather bizarre.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I want to add that every time zone east of GMT is everytime changed into the SAME wrong time zone, i.e. GMT+1 is changed into GMT+4, GMT+2 into time zone for Tehran I think, etc....

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It doesn't show what time zone you've set, as you only set your time zone there. Yeah, it's inconvenient, I know, but that's how it is. So, ignore what it says after you've set it, and check with a recent post instead. After you've made any changes in your settings, remember to set your time zone again. Because if you submit any changes, you may inadvertently set your time zone to GMT+4 or whatever, unless you set it to the correct timezone before you hit "submit". Hope it helps!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I had same problem a while ago but kept changing the time zone until I got the correct one eventually...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueLobster

I had and still have that problem.
However I came up with a solution?
"Oh bugger it" yep thats my solution..

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Did you manage to get it sorted yet?
Mine is set to Baghdad and Moscow GMT +3 and I'm in the UK and time is set perfect for some reason!
edit on 4-9-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
It doesn't show what time zone you've set, as you only set your time zone there. Yeah, it's inconvenient, I know, but that's how it is. So, ignore what it says after you've set it, and check with a recent post instead. After you've made any changes in your settings, remember to set your time zone again. Because if you submit any changes, you may inadvertently set your time zone to GMT+4 or whatever, unless you set it to the correct timezone before you hit "submit". Hope it helps!

That's how it is ?
Not very satisfactory to me, but IF that's how it is... well, I'll have to live with it, I guess.
Thanks for the reply.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1

Did you manage to get it sorted yet?
Mine is set to Baghdad and Moscow GMT +3 and I'm in the UK and time is set perfect for some reason!

Not really, no. I'll just have to accept it as that's how it is.

I know what you mean, yes, I observed every GMT+ time zone shifts several zones to the east... and for each time zone, always the same shift.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by flipflop

I had and still have that problem.
However I came up with a solution?
"Oh bugger it" yep thats my solution..

Same here. Can as well think of other things, can't we ?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Well, It's 9pm here in the UK

new topics

top topics

join