Connecticut Democrats Lobby Starbucks To Enact Gun Ban

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Three Connecticut Democrats are using the Sandy Hook school shooting as an excuse to try to get guns banned from Starbucks across the country. The school shooting happened when an unbalanced person stole weapons and ammo from his mother; killed his mother; and then went to the school she worked at and killed two dozen children and workers. How on earth the CT Dems connect Sandy Hook to Starbucks is beyond me. I have no idea why they decided to go after Starbucks except that maybe they thought they'd have it easy since Starbucks leans heavily to the left.

Connecticut Democrats Lobby Starbucks to Enact Gun Ban

hree Connecticut Democrats have joined the campaign requesting Starbucks prohibit firearms in their shops nationwide, reports the Hill.

A recent letter, composed by victims of December's shooting massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School asking Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz to help "foster a culture of peace and ban guns from your stores,” was endorsed by Sens. Richard Blumenthal and Chris Murphy and Rep. Elizabeth Esty.

According to the letter, the Starbucks gun policy, which permits customers to carry firearms, including concealed weapons, "undermines the safety and well-being of our citizens.”

The Starbucks policy is in accordance with local laws.

Starbucks allows customers to bring their legal firearms into the stores.
The coffee shops do NOT allow their workers to carry firearms.
It's against company policy.
edit on 9/3/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I wonder what these people do when they're in other public places or going to or coming from other public places.

Not to mention the fact that policy has no force of law so let's say they get what they want and Starbucks bans guns. Completely unenforceable.

The USPS cant even prevent people coming in day after day with guns despite actually having force of law on their side.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Actually, publicly having the stance that people with legal CCW can enter the store, makes the store safer. What robber knowingly goes into a place that might have armed citizens in it? There is a reason why gun stores are very rarely robbed at gunpoint.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Well, I'm sure this is a wonderful idea with broad and unconditional support among the ...criminal population.

A gun free zone is a 100% safe and friendly environment for criminals and spree killers. OSHA would approve.

What more needs said?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Instead, why not just cut to the chase and post signs stating,
"This is a crime friendly zone. Patrons cannot defend themselves here. Have a nice day"

At least it would be the truth....
edit on 3-9-2013 by Krakatoa because: Added pic of sign

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I"m surprised that more people aren't interested to see how anti-2nd amendment people are using Sandy Hook to try to push their agenda on Starbucks. This easily could be spread to any business ...

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Shameless bump .... really .... no one cares?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
So they're using a mass shooting in a gun-free zone to justify taking away the guns of patrons in gun-accepted zones (which has never had a mass shooting or has not had as many)? I really don't get the logic behind this decision.

If they really want a culture of peace, why not try to find out why all of the mass shootings have been happening? Guns don't magically turn people into murderers, they simply make the process easier (as well as make it easier to defend yourself from said murderer). To ban guns and think that the crime rate drop just goes to show that these people aren't responsible enough to solve this problem.

Taking (or attempting to) take guns away from bad people doesn't make them good people. They're still bad people, who will either just take alternative means to reach their goals, or just get more guns anyways (the laws aren't that well-enforced). This issue isn't as simplistic as the simple minded politicians above would like you to believe.
edit on 18-9-2013 by technical difficulties because: addit more.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I am not sure that banning guns at a Starbucks would affect that many people. The folks that frequent those places tend to be either stinky hippies or self-centered yuppies. Neither of this types tend to be in the gun-toting demographic and frankly no one I know would pay $10 for a hot chocolate.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Metallicus

... frankly no one I know would pay $10 for a hot chocolate.

But it's not hot chocolate. It's European Drinking Chocolate. Totally worth $10.

top topics

join