It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is Tom Carey, and I have spent the past 22 years researching the Roswell incident. Ask me an

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I've been watching this thread carefully.....and I just wonder, cause I never see posts from Mr. Carey......
2nd

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by debrisfield

Yep, and as I was saying just as you were saying even with your polishing of words...

You and me, and everyone else here on ats cannot prove what happened at Roswell.. You can believe and have faith in the alien story, but you have no solid proof.

I also think anyone of my guesses could explain what happened at Roswell as well as calling it an alien crash..

I am not being a jerk here, there is just no proof, there was a cold war happening a arms race etc. etc. it is more logical for me to conclude something man made when awry, in 1947, or propaganda was at hand etc. as I suggested . Other crashes with no hard facts that are suppose to be alien, is not proof,, It makes a good damn book..
Government paper trails is not proof.. For all we know its covert ops, etc. or smoke. Once again this was during a cold war.....

to be honest I truly out grew the whole Roswell thing, we don't know what happened and why not just let it worry about itself.. if it was truly that important the damn truth would have revealed itself by now, but by all means, use my replies as a platform, if anything your answers were entertaining but lacked the same thing all the countless others do, that say its a alien crash...

FACTS... PROOF

oh and another thing, sorry about my amateur memory I meant in the south western desert, military projects were being conducted.. What makes you so sure we stopped at the atom bomb?

We did not and went allot further..
edit on 8-9-2013 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverick7
reply to post by K-PAX-PROT

Why the need to 'cover up'?

I think the first part of the issue was possibly related to the supposed bounty the AF was offering for evidence and location of crashed objects. Mac Brazel, I think, believed he might have such a thing. The AF was supposedly offering $3,000 for such evidence and Mac allegedly conspiratorially whispered he might have a crashed saucer to the Sheriff.

From there the story ballooned into a press release by Walter Haut. Then they realized, possibly that here was an opportunity to spin a disinformation plot, but they had to be cagey. They'd release the story, then retract it and using various techniques, make it look like they were covering something up.

Suddenly, the powers higher up found out it might be related to the Mogul project and said 'stop, get the debris and stop sending reports and asking questions'.

So we had a lower level 'scheme' counteracted by a higher level authority making it look like a cover up in spades to the civilians and UFO fans.

Again, we really have -nothing- to relate it to a non-terrestrially piloted craft. Someone decided to embellish the tale with talk of bodies, and again we have a couple second person recountings and some non-recorded death bed comments that weren't recorded by Kevin Randall.

Read through the presentation here to give you a better scope of all of the misrepresentation and confusing stories that possibly lead to the whole tale. home.comcast.net...
HTH

I don't expect you to suddenly change your stance, but watch these videos below and try to think about the possibility of people actually telling the truth:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LordAdef

I only stuck to a basic question... as I am not that bright lol and I haven't had a reply to it yet.

That is the only question that I am interested in getting an answer too. I wanted to ask Mr Pope the same question, but unfortunately I missed him as well. Ohh well... never mind, hopefully one day?!?!

Am I the only person that has met aliens? I am dead serious. I have documented it all. They are everywhere, but I met them in a hospital. This was recent ... 2 years ago! When they finished what they had to say, they just put their heads down and ignored me. Their #ing eyes were still glowing and I just sat there, not knowing what to do. The beams of light were hitting the floor, like a laser pen would. In the end I grabbed my handbag and left. They never said bye or anything and I swear on everything I love, they were real and their eyes were still glowing as I closed the door. You couldn't make it up!!!

Sorry if I am boring everyone, but it really happened and every now and then, I find myself going over it all over again.

hx

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by RP2SticksOfDynamite

Originally posted by TomCarey
reply to post by Maverick7

Playing word games, are we? There at least one in every barrel. By "education" and "training" I was referring to my formal education and the training that went along with it, which included my stint in the military. And one can research historical accounnts, which you demean as being just "stories," for their veracity and context regarding the subject at hand. In case you missed it, in courts of law credible testimony is considered "evidence," which has sent many a criminal to their ultimate fate.

Here here Tom!
Thankyou for your massive contribution.
A large proportion of which I instinctively believed is the case!
And yes I agree that it is either ET or our descendants that are the UFO phenomenon!
Common sense and information which is consistent and not contrived tends to be the factual root!
And the more evasive/avoiding the truth lies/smokeys etc only reaffirms the common sense!
Great work Tom.
Keep us informed of any new developments.
And yes I agree that disclosure wont happend and it is more likely to come from non terrrestial sources.
Best Wishes

Tom if you have the time I do have one question which I would like your thoughts on.

If ET is from the future (some could be from our future and others from the stars) and are in someway our descendants which would mean that the past, present and future up until the time they left the future has already happened for them and the reason that they appear to be so evasive or unwilling to engage with the people or intervene is because they are fearful of effecting change which may result in enormous/disasterous consequences for our/thier timeline and future events etc.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ilian51378
I don't expect you to suddenly change your stance, but watch these videos below and try to think about the possibility of people actually telling the truth:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Watched the first video. It's labeled as dying ex-CIA director. Of course that's not true. This is an anonymous person who claims various things. He is not named. He is also not an ex-CIA director, he's supposedly a former CIA "official". Whether he's telling the truth as he knows it, isn't clear, but again, it's not evidence. It's not even suggestive. It's a 'story'. Since we know that "MJ-12" was a hoax, created by William Moore, and this guy references it, it's very likely he's making it up, possibly paid by Dolan to tell this tale. Further he's talking about getting a 'formula' for recursing gravity on a 3x5 card. Yet he doesn't produce this formula.

He also makes some historical errors on the SR-71.
------
Jesse Marcell is known to have falsified the account of his education, and his story has changed over the years. As I said in a previous post, Marcell hinted he saw testing of the 'fragments' but then we learn he said he didn't have time to go look at the testing of them. So again, it's a story, and he has no evidence or credibility. At the least he's embellishing. So we are left with stories and beliefs. Not enough to justify a non-terrestrial flying entity explanation for a field of debris fragments.

I think if you consider that Brazel thought he might claim the $3000 bounty for having a field of crash debris we have the motive and the origin of the 'crashed saucer' story. Add to that some cold-War propaganda opportunity exploitation by someone at RAAF and that explains the retracted story, once they realized it might be Mogul debris.

Don't get me wrong. I've been following the Roswell and ETH claim since the mid 70s. But over time you realize there's really nothing extraordinary, certainly not any evidence. In fact there's ample evidence that we have not been visited by any non-terrestrials. If they came here it would be done by using nano-probes (something we are considering), not by full-sized craft and actual landings. Nor is it plausible that they'd be flying around in lighted atmospheric crafts. It's like us going back in time to the 1600s and using wooden ships. We wouldn't. We'd use high flying stealth craft, and take reconnaissance photos from great altitude. It would be unnecessary to use archaic vehicles. An interplanetary vehicle could observe virtually using probes, sparing a lot of expense. Non-terrestrials have economic concerns also.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LEL01
reply to post by mirageman

According to this thread there might be some photos, handed to members of Kevin Randle’s Dream team. Is that not Tom Carey or am I confused again ?

abovetopsecret.com

I got that wrong, Kevin Randle's team were offered the photos not given them.

Turns out there are more photos but we'll probably never get to see them.
Sergeant Frederick Benthal, RAAF photographer took pictures of some dead aliens. His camera case, cameras and films were all confiscated.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
LOL but no actual proof?! LULZSEC

reply to post by happinness

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Maverick7

Originally posted by ilian51378

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Watched the first video. It's labeled as dying ex-CIA director. Of course that's not true. This is an anonymous person who claims various things. He is not named. He is also not an ex-CIA director, he's supposedly a former CIA "official". Whether he's telling the truth as he knows it, isn't clear, but again, it's not evidence. It's not even suggestive. It's a 'story'. Since we know that "MJ-12" was a hoax, created by William Moore, and this guy references it, it's very likely he's making it up, possibly paid by Dolan to tell this tale. Further he's talking about getting a 'formula' for recursing gravity on a 3x5 card. Yet he doesn't produce this formula.

He also makes some historical errors on the SR-71.
------
Jesse Marcell is known to have falsified the account of his education, and his story has changed over the years. As I said in a previous post, Marcell hinted he saw testing of the 'fragments' but then we learn he said he didn't have time to go look at the testing of them. So again, it's a story, and he has no evidence or credibility. At the least he's embellishing. So we are left with stories and beliefs. Not enough to justify a non-terrestrial flying entity explanation for a field of debris fragments.

I think if you consider that Brazel thought he might claim the $3000 bounty for having a field of crash debris we have the motive and the origin of the 'crashed saucer' story. Add to that some cold-War propaganda opportunity exploitation by someone at RAAF and that explains the retracted story, once they realized it might be Mogul debris.

Don't get me wrong. I've been following the Roswell and ETH claim since the mid 70s. But over time you realize there's really nothing extraordinary, certainly not any evidence. In fact there's ample evidence that we have not been visited by any non-terrestrials. If they came here it would be done by using nano-probes (something we are considering), not by full-sized craft and actual landings. Nor is it plausible that they'd be flying around in lighted atmospheric crafts. It's like us going back in time to the 1600s and using wooden ships. We wouldn't. We'd use high flying stealth craft, and take reconnaissance photos from great altitude. It would be unnecessary to use archaic vehicles. An interplanetary vehicle could observe virtually using probes, sparing a lot of expense. Non-terrestrials have economic concerns also.

What's your "story" about all the rest of the witnesses? Are they not to be trusted too? I am very curious to hear your 600+ "stories" about the witnesses who came forward through the years to share what they saw and heard. How about the following ones:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Are these people crooked as well? Is anyone in this world to be trusted, except for the government?
edit on 9/9/13 by ilian51378 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Lots of good points there.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ilian51378

I agree, somehow so many witnesses come that I am starting to ask for evidence of this evil global conspiracy of paid witnesses to keep the fire in the myth about UFOs and aliens.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Trowbridge gives a story that conflicts with Jesse Marcel Jr's account, where Sr. woke he and his mother up and showed them the sample debris.

Though Jack sounds sincere, I think he's just 'jumping on the bandwagon' and re-telling stories already reported. Nothing new. Is he mis-remembering, conflating, or outright telling lies? Probably just wishful thinking, wanting to be part of a historical event and since he's not telling anything different he probably has convinced himself over time that he was there.

Homer Rowlett's daughter is relating a second-hand story. There's no reason for anyone to give special significance to a death bed story, but WHY NOT RECORD this testimony so she'd have a first hand recounting? Possibly because it's not true?

All these deathbed confessions and none of them were recorded on tape?

Larry Rowlett's comments kind of make his sister's testimony seem a bit silly. His dad told HIM much earlier. But he waited until his deathbed to tell his daughter? Why not gather the whole family together and get it all on tape to be released after his death? Poor planning, or just poor story telling from a bored old dude with not much of interest except he was in the Army around that time.

Savage Dodson is now telling a story that is interesting but he wasn't a witness to anything, and he says he didn't know why the guard wouldn't let him in. Likely the guard didn't know either if, in fact, he even said that.

So, again we have some 'stories', but nothing to support them, and in the Rowlett comments, there's no first hand testimony, so we don't really know who said what or why one story was delayed until his deathbed and the other told freely to his son. Sounds fishy.

Again, none of this gives rise to a requirement that the debris field was a non-terrestrial craft and we have no evidence that anything other than bits of rubber, foil and pieces of sticks were recovered, the bulk of which was picked up by Marcel, Cavitt and Brazel already. Thought the project might have been classified, you can't figure it out by seeing pieces of debris.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Has Tom Carey left the building or is he ill?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Maverick7

Trowbridge gives a story that conflicts with Jesse Marcel Jr's account, where Sr. woke he and his mother up and showed them the sample debris.

Though Jack sounds sincere, I think he's just 'jumping on the bandwagon' and re-telling stories already reported. Nothing new. Is he mis-remembering, conflating, or outright telling lies? Probably just wishful thinking, wanting to be part of a historical event and since he's not telling anything different he probably has convinced himself over time that he was there.

Homer Rowlett's daughter is relating a second-hand story. There's no reason for anyone to give special significance to a death bed story, but WHY NOT RECORD this testimony so she'd have a first hand recounting? Possibly because it's not true?

All these deathbed confessions and none of them were recorded on tape?

Larry Rowlett's comments kind of make his sister's testimony seem a bit silly. His dad told HIM much earlier. But he waited until his deathbed to tell his daughter? Why not gather the whole family together and get it all on tape to be released after his death? Poor planning, or just poor story telling from a bored old dude with not much of interest except he was in the Army around that time.

Savage Dodson is now telling a story that is interesting but he wasn't a witness to anything, and he says he didn't know why the guard wouldn't let him in. Likely the guard didn't know either if, in fact, he even said that.

So, again we have some 'stories', but nothing to support them, and in the Rowlett comments, there's no first hand testimony, so we don't really know who said what or why one story was delayed until his deathbed and the other told freely to his son. Sounds fishy.

Again, none of this gives rise to a requirement that the debris field was a non-terrestrial craft and we have no evidence that anything other than bits of rubber, foil and pieces of sticks were recovered, the bulk of which was picked up by Marcel, Cavitt and Brazel already. Thought the project might have been classified, you can't figure it out by seeing pieces of debris.

Well, you are trying to convince me that all the people that you mentioned above have told lies/false information. Okay, I will give you the benefit of the doubt. What about the remaining 600? Do you expect me to give you the benefit of the doubt for them as well? Don't you think that this would make your story very doubtful?

Can you give me an answer that make sense on this question "what were all the military staff doing at the hospital if what crashed was just a weather balloon or dummies?"

I don't find it as hard to believe the Roswell incident, because I have a family member who has seen something with their own eyes. Maybe people just imagine things or have very vivid dreams, who knows... One day, we will find out. I have enough patience.

Are the people in the video below lying too?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

You're fighting a losing battle. People have been fed this crashed spacecraft story for 35+ years through books, TV shows, articles etc. and do no investigation themselves. That's obvious by the inaccuracies posted in this thread. They don't feel the need because the investigation is done by "experts" in this field.

You have to go back to the very beginning of this story and to Jesse Marcel and Mac Brazels description of the material found. That's the crux of this entire case. It fails, the case fails. Beams, foil-like material, nothing anymore than 3 feet in size. Pieces of a "spacecraft" come down in the same area where balloon targets crash, in the same time period where balloons are used, is constructed exactly as balloon cargo of the time, and the size of the pieces found are consistent with the size of balloon cargo. Is that just an astronomical coincidence? It's a repeated question/statement I make which never goes answered. Including by Tom Carey in this thread. You take any craft from 2013, have parts of it crash in the same place in 1947, and I'll guarantee it won't match the construction of balloon cargo from that time period.

I am glad to see there are more people than I thought on this forum that question this story.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ectoplasm8

What if the aliens used similar construction as earth balloons so as to be more disguised when they crashed. That would be a stretch, wouldn't it? Maybe...
Oh nevermind.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Well, hopefully a craft designed to travel our galaxy or universe would be a little better designed than balloon cargo. Plus, for pieces that are claimed to be so indestructible... It sure did... destruct.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Ectoplasm8

You're fighting a losing battle. People have been fed this crashed spacecraft story for 35+ years through books, TV shows, articles etc. and do no investigation themselves. That's obvious by the inaccuracies posted in this thread. They don't feel the need because the investigation is done by "experts" in this field.

You have to go back to the very beginning of this story and to Jesse Marcel and Mac Brazels description of the material found. That's the crux of this entire case. It fails, the case fails. Beams, foil-like material, nothing anymore than 3 feet in size. Pieces of a "spacecraft" come down in the same area where balloon targets crash, in the same time period where balloons are used, is constructed exactly as balloon cargo of the time, and the size of the pieces found are consistent with the size of balloon cargo. Is that just an astronomical coincidence? It's a repeated question/statement I make which never goes answered. Including by Tom Carey in this thread. You take any craft from 2013, have parts of it crash in the same place in 1947, and I'll guarantee it won't match the construction of balloon cargo from that time period.

I am glad to see there are more people than I thought on this forum that question this story.

I am open to the fact that anything is possible, including Roswell being a hoax, but where I come from we have a saying "there is no smoke without fire..."
edit on 10/9/13 by ilian51378 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

ilian51378
I am open to the fact that anything is possible, including Roswell being a hoax, but where I come from we have a saying "there is no smoke without fire..."
edit on 10/9/13 by ilian51378 because: (no reason given)

And where there's fire... people get smoke blown up their @ss.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

TomCarey
Thomas J. Carey, a native Philadelphian, holds degrees from Temple University (B.S. in Business Administration) and California State University, Sacramento (M.A. in Anthropology), and also attended the University of Toronto in its Ph.D. Programme in Anthropology. An Air Force veteran who held a Top Secret/Crypto clearance, Tom is now a retired Philadelphia area businessman. He has been a Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) State Section Director for Southeastern Pennsylvania from 1986 to 2001, a Special Investigator for the J. Allen Hynek Center for UFO Studies [CUFOS] from 1991 to 2001, and a member of the CUFOS board of directors from 1997 to 2001.

Tom began investigating aspects of the Roswell Incident in 1991 for the Roswell investigative team of Kevin Randle and Don Schmitt, and since 1998 has teamed exclusively with Don Schmitt to continue a proactive investigation of the case. Tom has authored or coauthored more than 40 published articles about the Roswell events of 1947, and has contributed to a number of books on the subject as well. He has appeared as a guest on many radio and TV shows throughout the country, including Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell and George Noory, Fox and Friends, Comcast Network Friends and Larry King Live! and has contributed to a number of Roswell-related documentaries - on-screen and behind the scenes.

Tom was a consultant and interviewee on the highly acclaimed and rated 2002, two-hour SyFy Channel documentary, The Roswell Crash: Startling New Evidence, the History Channel’s Conspiracy Theory, the Travel Channel’s Weird Travels - Roswell, the SyFy Channel’s SyFy Investigates and the History Channel’s, The UFO Hunters. He was also a featured interviewee on the 20th Century Fox, Golden Anniversary, re-release DVD of the 1951 sci-fi classic, The Day the Earth Stood Still. His 2007 book, co-authored with Don Schmitt, Witness to Roswell: Unmasking the 60-Year Cover-Up, was the #1 best-selling UFO book in the world in 2007-2008. Its sequel, Witness to Roswell: Unmasking the Government’s Biggest Cover-Up, published 2009, still remains a best seller. Both books are considered to be the best books ever written about the “Roswell Incident.”

A motion picture, based upon these books, titled Majic Men, is nearing production, as is a TV mini-series based on the book. A new book about the secret history of Wright-Patterson Air Force Base titled Inside the Real Area 51, also co-authored with Don Schmitt, was just released in August of 2013, a week after the CIA finally confirmed the existence of Area 51. Another book about Roswell, with Don Schmitt and fellow-researcher Kevin Randle, is in preparation for a 2014 release. Another archaeological “dig” at the Roswell crash site is planned for later this year.

At this point, Tom is 99.99% certain that an extraterrestrial vehicle with crew crashed just north of the town of Roswell, NM in the late evening of July 2, 1947. There is 0% chance that it was a “weather balloon,” a “Project Mogul” balloon or anthropomorphic “dummies” from high-altitude parachute drops made during the 1950s. “Occam’s Razor” demands this conclusion, as we speak.

Ask Me Anything...

My latest book:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378262094&sr=8-1&keywords=inside+the+real+area+51

admin note: This is the "real" Tom Carey, he is here as our invited guest as part of our new "Ask Me Anything" initiative here on ATS. You can read about this new feature here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please extend our guest every courtesy as he is being generous with his time and for the benefit of your fellow members please try to avoid asking multiple questions in one post.
**************************************************************************************************
edit on 5-9-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

Mr. Thomas J. Carey I have lived for more than 5,000 years, one day, I would like to exchange knowledge with you, knowledge for knowledge if I may.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join