It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is Tom Carey, and I have spent the past 22 years researching the Roswell incident. Ask me an

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Hello Mr. Carey!

first, thanks a lot for being here and answering our questions!

Here is mine:

Have you ever heard about and what do you think about Col. Marion M. Magruder? According to Wikipedia, "Marion Milton Magruder (June 27, 1911 - June 27, 1997) was an officer in the United States Marine Corps and a pioneer in Radar Intercept Night Fighting. He was the first commanding officer of Marine squadron VMF(N)-533, then known as "Black Mac's Killers", and led that squadron during the Battle of Okinawa in World War II. [...]

Shortly after V-J Day, September 1945, Magruder became the Commanding Officer of Marine Aircraft Group 53 (a fully integrated Night Fighter Command) at Marine Corps Air Station Eagle Mountain Lake, Texas. The group consisted of seven tactical squadrons, one service and support squadron, one headquarters squadron, one ground control radar squadron and one ground control approach radar unit. This totalled nearly 2400 officers and men with 146 aircraft. At the time this was the largest aircraft group in Marine Aviation. In February 1946, MAG-53 moved operations back to MCAS Cherry Point. [...]

On August 31, 1961, Colonel Magruder retired from active duty after 26 years of service in the United States Marine Corps."

(facing those facts, it's safe to say, that guy was a serious man. To not just a few people, "Black Mac" Magruder was a war hero of WW2.)

"According to four sons of Col. Marion M. Magruder, their father told them on his deathbed of being shown crash wreckage and a live alien at Wright Field, Ohio, in mid or late July 1947. He had been attending Air War College at Maxwell Field, Montgomery, Alabama, composed solely of the best high-ranking officers in the various services, including generals.

They were flown up to Wright Field to get their opinion on a matter of utmost urgency and importance. There the surprised officers were told about the recovery to Wright Field of an extraterrestrial spaceship that had crashed just two weeks previously near Roswell. Wreckage was brought out for them to examine. Then they were taken to another room and shown a surviving alien. According to the description from Mike Magruder, his father said the “creature” was under 5 feet (1.5 m) tall, “human-like” but with longer arms, larger eyes, and an oversized, hairless head. It had a slit for a mouth and two holes but no appendages for a nose and ears. There was no question that it “came from another planet.”
(Source)

Some more information about Magruder, and what he experienced:

See here
edit on 12/2/12 by Peloquin because: (no reason given)

Edit: Oh, I just realized the book I was quoting was written by you

So then: Thankyou very much for your great work, and keep it up!

If your interested:

There was a thread in which a young lady talked about a breakfast she had with a CIA-whistleblower. In that thread I brought up Col. Magruder, because what he confessed to remarkabley matched with what that alleged whistleblower had to say, and with something I heard some time before.

The thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

and my context:

When I read the report of the conversation you had with that gentleman, there was something that caught my attention:

- He said they have 6 "grey" bodies stored 6 levels underground in a cryogenic chamber in Ohio. He said they are stored in case they return for them one day as we don't know their funeral procedures ect...

(emphasis by me)

I have to say, having just returned from work, I'm a bit tired, and english being not my first language, it's a bit difficult to give you an impression what's just on my mind, but... maybe you're able to follow me anyhow, and maybe, after you've read this post of mine, you'll get an idea, why instantly I got VERY excited when I read those words I quoted above.

Have you ever heard about Col. Marion M. Magruder?
[...] [full text about Col. Magruder see above]

But that's not all. I remember having watched a strange video about a guy who claimed to be an ex-security-officer of (I think it was) Wright-Patterson AFB. He talked about bodies of alien beings conserved in special tanks. He said he feared for his life, and he made an authentic impression. I never knew what to think about that video, but in the light of the account of that gentleman, I think I should try to find it and have a second look on it.

And somehow I think we should listen, what Mysteriousness has else to report...

Sadly, Mysteriousness stopped writing shortly after, the end of the story (if it wasn't just a story...) never was told.

edit on 4/9/13 by Peloquin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TomCarey

According to another controversial story about an ex-NASA astronaut who flew to the far-side of the moon, the person in question claimed that a group of 6 flying saucers flew into a high-powered radar field that was being tested. This was between Alamogordo and Roswell. One of them was brought down down because of this. Is this true?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Hi Springer, this is a question to you...

I was thinking, due to the overwhelming amount of questions posted here, wouldn't it be an idea to change the way these things are handled in future?

For instance, a starter thread where members have 24 - 48 hours to post their questions (the thread would then be closed. This would give the likes of Mr Carey the chance to read, quote and reply to each question in turn in a separate thread where he/she (maybe with admin privileges) would be the only poster.

Following this, a "question thread: round two" could be opened, where members can ask further questions that either weren't asked/answered the first time round, or are based on answers given in the response thread.

I'll admit, it's a long-winded way of doing things, but it would be easier to follow than the current way, or so I believe.

To Mr Carey, thank you for giving us your time and I look forward to reading your books

Kai

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Thanks for all your hard work. I'm fully convinced aliens crashed at Roswell. Too bad the government can't tell anybody. Religion is a poison in a lot of ways.

What do you think of the black government keeping it from everybody? Will they release the information someday?

Thank you!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Thankyou ATS for bringing us AMA. Im absolutely loving it. Can't wait for Toms return. Pesky time difference, grrr.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

LET'S STOP THE QUESTIONS FOR

TODAY/TONIGHT

It's after 11:00PM East Coast time and Tom will be back tomorrow (U.S. Time), let's give him a fair shot at answering the remaining questions first. (If you're paying attention you'll notice he's taking them in chronological order).

Thanks.

Just quoting Springer
edit on 4-9-2013 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Hey Tom

I've arrived late to the party and this may have previously been covered... I'm interested in your thoughts regarding the Ramey Memo.

It's understood that a document held by General Roger M. Ramey the day after the Roswell incident was photographed and has since been digitally enhanced to supposedly reveal information that suggests that an incident of non-terrestrial origin may of occured.

This can easily be explained away as a gross misinterpretation of a smudgy image... yet alternative claims elsewise may have credibility.

What are your thoughts??

Thanks in advance.

edit on 4-9-2013 by Perhaps because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Hi Tom and welcome to ATS!

The only comment I have about Roswell, and I believe something happened, is how a craft capable of space travel could be brought down so easily, either from natural or man-made causes.

Do you have any information as to why a craft that might be capable of interstellar travel could be brought down by a thunderstorm?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Firstly welcome to the site and thank you for taking the time to answer all our nutty questions.

Also to the other forum members in order to get an idea of what Tom has already answered scroll over his "Member" hyperlink and click on "posts in Thread" that will give you all the posts he has replied to in this thread without all the other posters comments. Its a nice neat way to see what he has commented on so far.

NOW...For my insignificant question.

My good Sir..In all the years of your research of this crash and the interviews you have done, has there been any indication that these entities are from another dimension as in time or space as we understand alternate realities or the future and that the "aliens" are in fact highly advanced AI as in created and not born?

I humbly await your response.

Thanking you in advance.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Riouz

In life, nothing is 100% for sure. There are always exceptions or alternate explanations. In our 2002 archaeological "dig" out at the Foster Ranch [Debris field] Site, we uncovered stratgraphic evidence of what we believe was the "gouge" that several witnesses said they saw on the surface of the ground where the alien craft had "skipped" before crashing. As for physical pieces of the ship, we know there are some out thre in the possession of ranchers and former military personnel, but so far, none have found there way to us.In courts of law, credible testimony is considered as evidence, and we have lots of that. Lawyers have told us that in a court of law our case would be a "slam-dunk" victory.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

I was unaware of the early 1947 UFO sighting in Great Britain that was explained as a "weather balloon." No doubt it was launced from Roswell. You say the report was sent to the U.S. in June of that year. Very interesting. Hmmm. Maybe that where Gen. Ramey .... Nah.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

At first, the concern was that the crash wreckage near Roswell was of Soviet origin. Then when they realized that it wasn't - that it was extraterrestrial - the U.S. military establishment decided that the best way to keep it away from the Soviets was to it cover-up with the rediculous weather balloon story. This was done to try exploit the technology without the Soviets lurking about.There was also in 1947 the fear of possible "panic in the streets" if word got out that the "aliens had landed." due to the 1938 "War of the Worlds" radio broadcast reaction.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Hi tom,

sorry but can i ask again,

Do you have any evidance to refute the claims made by Anni Jackobsen?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Hello again. I have another question.
Has anyone suggested the possibility that the craft inhabitants were actually alien children, hence not being able to fly the craft properly? Or that the aliens were drunk or drugged so again it explains why they crashed?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TomCarey
reply to post by FireMoon

I was unaware of the early 1947 UFO sighting in Great Britain that was explained as a "weather balloon." No doubt it was launced from Roswell. You say the report was sent to the U.S. in June of that year. Very interesting. Hmmm. Maybe that where Gen. Ramey .... Nah.

Tom, do you believe the Ohio weather balloon case a few days before Roswell is where the cover story came from?

And do you believe the sudden stop, after the crash, of the several weeks long world wide UFO reporting outbreak was a press blackout or other?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
If you know maybe Mr.Carey,what hepend to only alien surrvivor from crash,if there was any ?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

I'd rather not discuss Lt. Col. Corso or his claims. We believe his story about being in charge of back-engineering UFO crash stuff is very low on ther credibility chart. As a result, he does not appear in either edition of our WITNESS TO ROSWELL books, and we only mention him briefly in our new book, INSIDE THE REAL AREA 51.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Tom Carey’s answer: There was no nurse by that name at Roswell. Futhermore, I talked to the author of that book when it first came out some years ago and got him to admit that it was a work of fiction.

thanks for the answer..
Could you get more specific in "how" he told you it was fiction, as the book it self say in the introduction that it´s supposed to be read as fiction, I guessed that it was mandatory to write something like the to protect personal interests.

Where do did you meet him, and did he say anything at all about how he got all the information he put in the book?

thanks
edit on 4-9-2013 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ImpactoR

I hope I can clear up the matter of the number of crash site involved in the Roswell crash. It took us a number of years to finally get it right. The first thing you want to do is throw out the Plains of San Agustin site, which was cited in book THE ROSWELL INCIDENT as being part of the 1947 Roswell crash. It wasn't. There were three sites involed. The first was the so-called "Debris Field Site" located on the old J.B. Foster Ranch 32 miles south of Corona, NM over which the ship exploded and rained down little pieces of debris for Mack Brazel to find the next day. The second site is located two-and-half miles east of the first site. It is a low bluff upon which two or three occupants of the ship met their fate after being blown out of the ship in the explosion. The third site is another 25-30 miles east of the second site [near Hwy #285, 32 miles north of Roswell] where the inner cabin of the ship or an escape pod of some sort that withstood the explosion came to rest. It contained three alien bodies plus one that was still alive and walking around, according to first-hand witnesses. The "pod" was 12-16 ft. in length and shaped like an egg.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

I can report that zero per-cent (0%) of our investigation has pointed us in the direction of German or Russian [derived from German] technology being developed near the end of WW II. The Germans were fighting for their very lives and investing all of their energies into "Wunder Waffen" such as V2 rockets and the like. The Horten brother had "flying wing" technology on the drawing boards and maybe one or two prototypes constructed, but that was about it. That's what the Germans were working on - not UFOs. No, Roswell was extraterrestrial, not something from Germany or a German base in Antarctica.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join