It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free childcare to foreigners, unemployed and single parents

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I think also this might even encourage the so-called vulnerable to have kids knowing there is free nurseries for them, maybe they will view this as a perk!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

People have become programmed to believe that it is the state's responsibility to take care of their children. Grandparents no longer accept their responsibility and duty to care and educate their grandchildren. The people of the West have become selfish, self centered and ignorant as to the true reality of their lives and are engrossed in the leisure fantasy laid before them by TV.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

Well I understand but as I have pointed out sometimes the grandparents are looking after the toddlers 5hrs a day so that their children can work and make ends meet.

And the fact of the matter is grandparents do not have as much great health as their children do.
I made the point of a grandparent I know who had a terminal illness and yet STILL had to take care of the toddler. These are the overlooked of society... the vulnerable who no one cares about precisely because they are on a minimal wage .

In Wales, I believe from what I read that pre-school starts at 2yrs for all. This is how it should be .... But not soooo many hours. Maybe 3hrs a week even makes a hell of a lot of difference for a parents life.
edit on 4-9-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Pretty backwards, isn't it? Same here in the USA. People who are responsible and are careful with their money are penalized, and those who are irresponsible (having more kids than they can afford, buying too big a house that they can't afford, etc) are given 'help'. It's absurd and it just pays people for bad behavior while it penalizes those who act responsibly.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The poorer full time workers are penalised I would say.

The middle class can usually afford it. But those of a lower income... are the ones who actually get left out.
The rich can have full time nannies if they require plus boarding school.

And the so-called disadvantaged who make their own life choices, get too many freebies. I mean 15hrs??????

It reminds me of the drunks who get money from the government to continue drinking. They should be given food stamps and not given MONEY.

Yes more self responsibility should be the case... and more consequences.

This enables them basically to do a degree if they wish whilst their toddler is in nursery. Is it necessary really???!
edit on 4-9-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Let me tell you I know about being denied help on child care.

With having twins we knew that it would be extremely difficult financially trying to pay for childcare.

We looked into the assistance programs but did not qualify as we both worked full time jobs so there were more needy candidates.

We also looked into the Pre-School program where we previously lived and also were denied. We were told that in that city the program was for parents who had a record (as in jail time or what not) or for various other reasons.

Now we are divorced and living in a different city where the Pre-School program is a tad different on getting in. But we got into town after all the signing up and testing was finished for the program and Pre-School started yesterday. So my kids are on a "waiting" list. But what is the likely hood that two openings will become available at once... lol.

So my kids will be late starters in school because of when their b-day hits.

They go to a child care provider who does it in her home to make a living because she and her family ran into the same issue when they started having kids... it was too expensive for her to work... because of childcare so she stayed home and started the child care in her home. God Bless Her ! I don't know what we would be doing without her, as she is more affordable than any day care facility we ever looked at.

I am glad they have the assistance programs out there for people to take advantage of, I'm sure its helping someone... just not me.

leolady

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I think the bottom line is people making these rules come from relatively privileged backgrounds they have no idea how the - lower classes think.

Bad behaviour should NEVER be rewarded. This just helps these types of folk continue...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join