It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil And Mexico Presidents Spied On By US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Brazil And Mexico Presidents

uk.news.yahoo.com

The Brazilian government has labelled a US spy programme an "unacceptable invasion of sovereignty" after reports it targeted the nation's president.
In a sign that anger is continuing to grow, the Folha de Sao Paulo newspaper reported that President Dilma Rousseff is considering cancelling a trip to the US in October.
The Brazilian Foreign Ministry summoned US Ambassador Thomas Shannon and demanded a written explanation from the White House over the espionage allegations.
On Sunday night, a Globo TV report cited 2012 documents from former NSA contractor Edward Snowden that indicated the
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 3-9-2013 by maythetruthbeknown because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2013 by maythetruthbeknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Well it seems the US has been caught at it again. This will not do well for US relations and trade agreements.
We all know they spy on everyone but they have been caught red handed again.
Is there no end to their invasion of privacy??

Brazil is an up and coming nation and does a lot of trade with the US I wonder if this revelation will effect that.

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
every country should be ticked about this, I am surprise the international out cry hasn't been more than it has. That or the medias not covering that.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
What´s happening to US these days..
Are they trying to pick a fight with the rest of the world ?
If not a fight, they are going to be left out of the global trade marked
and speak Chinese in a year or so
I guess superman is not around anymore
edit on 3-9-2013 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Yep pick a fight , but really what is anybody going to do about it. The countries of the world have no choice but to take it, and complain about it. It's not like they are going to attack us. The people in the U.S. itself is the worlds only hope but we seems to be content with everything.

The U.S. is so involved with pretty much the world that any attack on it would bring doom to the attackers itself.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
No government should have anything to hide from their citizens or other countries, so I'm all for spying and leaking whatever dirty secrets every government has, US included.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
They should be happy, at least the US feels they are important enough to spy on.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
When the other Governments of the world swear off and give up their own intelligence services? I'll expect ours to give up. That'll be a cold day in Hades with Mexico though, since we helped them rebuild theirs on the model of the CIA in the 1980's. The learned well and expanded, obviously. They picked up the worst lessons too, of course.

If our intelligence agencies aren't watching foreign leaders though, I'd ask what they ARE doing?? Well, I guess I don't have to. They're busy going up our tails with a microscope. The thing is, this IS what they are supposed to be doing with their billions of dollars in budgets.

We can't very well cry when they do the job they are paid to do, as well as the truck loads of abuse they do elsewhere. Unless we're into the idea that the US should have no security services. In which case, I'd call ya comrade and ask which opposing nation you favor to badly hurt the US? One sure will if we go blind when no one else has any intention of such a foolish thing.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by maythetruthbeknown

Excuse me for a moment, but is it not a little strange to point out that these people are being watched by the US government? I would be shocked if they were NOT being observed by the US intelligence agencies. Lets face it, they watch EVERYONE, ALL the time. These fellows being the subject of a more strident observational operation therefore is hardly a world rocking revalation.

Mexico borders the USA, and many Mexican citizens escape across the border to the US every day. Furthermore, there are cartels of drug dealers (although many of them are allegedly CIA funded) operating across that border, cartels which have vast financial and political power, and constantly seek to usurp the government of Mexico, by murdering its agents and police persons, and indeed political figures who seek to crack down upon them.

And Brazil will be holding a major sporting event not too long from now, an international sporting event, which has traditionally been attended by great multitudes of people. Its perfectly possible that the Brazilian leadership has been put under watch so that if any information should come to the attention of that leadership, about inbound terrorist activities, the US intelligence industry can react before being officially told about it.

Now... I am not condoning this state of affairs, but lets be honest, the watchers who watch us all, watch everyone. Not only that, but most large or powerful nations operate monitoring of all the worlds leaders. Tit for tat, one for another.

Its terrible, but its not a shock.

top topics

join