It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima: Open Air Fission? - RT

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Radiation surge can’t be blamed just on random leaks.

The latest surge in radiation at Fukushima nuclear plant may suggest not only additional water leaks at the site, but could also mean fission is occurring outside the crippled reactor, explains Chris Busby from the European Committee on Radiation Risk.

And now it seem to have suddenly got very bad. If that photograph I’ve seen is true, they should start evacuating people up to a 100 kilometer zone.

RT: So not only those that live in the vicinity but also those that live within 100 km could be at risk?

CB: I say that this might be a faked dubbed photograph, but if that is real and these levels of 1.8 Sieverts per hour are real, than something is very serious has happened and I think people should start to get away.

RT: Since the radiation is leaking into the ocean, will it not have a major ecological impact elsewhere?

CB: Of course. What happens there is that it moves all the radioactivity up and down the coast right down to Tokyo. I’ve seen a statement made by Tokyo’s mayor saying this will not affect the application of Tokyo to be considered for the Olympic Games. I actually thought they ought to consider evacuating Tokyo. It is very, very serious.

So that photograph may have been fake, but if it was not, it would not mean that the water was boiling, but that it was hot enough to cause steam to come off. It is interesting to see that parts of Japan might have to be evacuated eventually -

Even if this issue is not being forced at the moment, it might be because people don't want to face it, but that means that it unfortunately will be unavoidable eventually just like every other issue we are dealing with these days.

Here are Chris Busby's credentials: Chris Busby's Credentials

There are some pictures to give you guys a feel for how big / small 100 km zone would be for Japan.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
While this does seem like a scary article, I also have to mention that Busby is KNOWN for his ideas being criticized by other researchers in his same field and has had a LOT of controversy around him for this reason.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Removed comments made in error.
edit on 3-9-2013 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

edit on 3-9-2013 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Thanks, I didn't know that, Vasa. I saw the schematics for the Ice Wall today and was impressed with Japan's ingenuity.

edit on 3-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

If fission is happening outside the reactor, then there is fissionable material present, extreme pressure, and or heat.

I fission is taking place than the entire core must have burned its way out into the open, which would cause a scene like what the picture shows, as the sea water would boil away at an impressive speed.

Though I would think that at the temp fission occurs at there would be much more steam than that.

Maybe the core is still in or on the land, and residual heat in the surrounding ground is what is boiling the water.

Too many variables, too little data to make any informed observations really from just a pic and some 3rd hand observations.

If this is real though.....!!!!!!!!!! CHINA SYNDROME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Hey, look at the bright side. As I gaze upon water itself boiling from man's folly....it occurs to me. There is a silver or, plutonium lining to this, as it were. (Maybe a little MOX too. We may never know).

Not only will the Japanese and East Asia not need to cook their fish (They'll be well cooked by the time they die of something else. Just 'scoop and serve'!), but they won't even need candles for light. The dinner will light the table for 2 with no problems. All that should lower the electricity demand and hence, be a net gain!

See? Every storm cloud has a bright side. Even if it happens to be the flash right before you get cooked by lightning. It's a bright day for that brief moment.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Fukushima, Hiroshima... anyone?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Japan certainly has had its share of radioactive problems. And it's such a small, island country as well - pretty much the worst luck ever in that department, over there.

Well, it is a bit bigger than I thought, but I am glad to know the size.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrabbit2000
It's a bright day for that brief moment.

That happens a lot, I think oftentimes there is a metaphorical period of plenty before a time of famine -

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
This is much than they are telling us and they really don`t have any idea how to fix it,they are just trying to contain the contamination and stop it from spreading and they are even failing at doing that.
Just look at all those tanks of contaminated water they are already leaking. How long before another earthquake breaks the tanks open and all that contaminated water floods out.
They aren`t just contaminating themselves they are contaminating the entire planet.
I don`t believe these so called experts know what they are talking about, the long term effects of this are going to be devastating for the entire planet.
I think they are purposely dumping contaminated water into the ocean because they have run out of places to store it.Everyday they have hundreds of more tons of contaminated groundwater that they have to find room to store.
TEPCO is more concerned with getting all their other reactors back up and running than they are about fixing this mess.

fukushima-diary.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

I think there is more than they are telling us, possibly in a legitimate ploy to avoid panic for as long as possible this time? Although I'm not sure what TEPCO was doing.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I am sure, with today's very advanced detection systems, that other governments know exactly what the danger is and how much of a problem there is right now.

I saw a report a few days ago of one of the USAF EC-135 variants refueling somewhere over Europe, it's task was listed as being a radiation "sniffer", used to detect radioactive signatures from long distances. That being the case, and if some of the experts are correct, the needles on that thing must be getting bent against the stops of the gauges if it flies within a hundred miles of Fukushima!

So, if they can detect the radiation, wouldn't they say something? I know, asking a lot really, but someone must know what is going on and how dire the situation may be? Or maybe that too is a National Security issue not to be spoken of to us mere mortals.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Fukushima is an on going disaster, putting out 400 tons of waste a day that needs to be dealt with.

The japanese are proving unwilling, or incapable of fixing the problem, its long past the time for the international community to step in and do something.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Busby is as smart as a Banana!

You should ask him for the Fission Products like Iodine-131
or how they regulate the Fission because sometimes it is clear
like a Summer Morning and sometimes foggy like London in Winter,
or what happened with the Hydro-Caesium Reaction!

Snake-Oil Busby is a commercialized Shill like the rest of the Gang,
Russia-Today is not a serious Source for anything
and People who want to know something or more about Fukushima
should avoid that Medium.

edit on 3-9-2013 by Human0815 because: format

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

If the world manages to get through this disaster, shouldnt they build the complex that can deal with leaks when they are building the power plant, such as a freezer or whatever method would be successful... to build such a power plant and have no protection in place if it were to fracture is the design of idiot morons... sometimes I wonder how we managed to get to where we are now... it seems incredible to think we have bumbled our way into the 21st century without really being fully aware of where we are actually going and the risks we put on the planets resources to get there..... what a foolish life form man is!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

The channel broadcasts through 30 satellite and 500 cable operators to 550 million people in over 100 countries.

In 2011 it was the second most-watched foreign news channel in the U.S. after BBC World News.

In 2012 it was the number one foreign station in five U.S. urban areas.[13] In 2013 RT has become the first TV news channel in history to reach 1 billion views on YouTube.

It's totally a legitimate news source. It might not be Western, but I get my news sources from different locations because each location has a different perspective. It is no more invalid than, say, Fox News or MSNBC or BBC. Although I frequent both RT and BBC daily, I should probably expand to U.S. news, although I get sick of all the irrelevant drama on it.

The only reason one would discount the Russian Times' credibility is if they wanted to hide its perspective.

Wikipedia - RT

Also, argument ad hominem on Busby. Although his seeming lack of credibility has been noted, thanks.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

The picture looks like coastal fog, could be steam from boiling water I suppose, but probably isn't.

If it were boiling water, I am sure there would be video available of it somewhere online....

But then, who really knows what these photos and videos are online?.

People just want to be afraid I think.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

Busby did mention that it was coastal fog, but that this could be explained by sea temperatures that were higher than normal. Which makes sense, as fog would come from warm water, and not as much from cold water.

So, coastal fog, if unusual in the region, would be explained by a rise in water temperature. However, it is good to note that it was not, in fact, boiling

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

This has gone too far to stop and only the use of suicide squads such as at Chernobyl would stand a chance of containing it, unfortunately this will go one for years if not decades and may lead to a migration from Japan and the eventual devastation of the Japanese economy, Damn foolish thing to do building nuclear power plants were there is abundant geological instability and more than ample geothermal energy to meet the same need's cleanly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join