It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PETA Says Eating Chicken Wings During Pregnancy Could Affect Sons Penis Size

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Just ahead of the Buffalo Wings Eating Contest, PETA comes out and says that the phthalate in chicken wings causes an unborn baby boys penis to shrink. PETA is trying to take away chicken wings from Buffalo (NOT going to happen) by threatening men that their offspring won't be manly enough. Pretty desperate IMHO

Philly CBS - PETA Says Eating Chicken Wings During Pregnancy Could Affect Sons Penis Size

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Eating chicken parts – or, more specifically, chicken wings – could shrink your baby’s man parts.

At least, that’s what PETA is alleging in advance of the National Buffalo Wing Festival.

According to a letter from PETA to Drew Cerza, the founder of the festival, “The latest scientific evidence shows that the sons of pregnant women who consume chicken are more likely to have smaller penises because of a chemical found in the birds’ flesh.”

edit on 9/3/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Eating Chicken Wings During Pregnancy Will Shrink . . . . .

The OP word count?

ETA: Ok, I see the post is up.

PETA gets rather silly at times.
edit on 3-9-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Eating Chicken Wings During Pregnancy Will Shrink . . . . .
The OP word count?

I"m not awake yet. The dog is sick so I was up most of the night with her.
I hit the 'post' button instead of a different one ...
Just consider it 'anticipation' because the story is so entertaining I wanted to
keep everyones interest up.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

That`s too funny!
PETA will literally say anything to stop people from eating animals

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Now info from Womens Health magazine -

Women Health Magazine

The research PETA mentioned from the Study for Future Families didn’t look at chicken consumption at all—it looked at how prenatal phthalate exposure affects boys reproductively in a variety of ways, one of which was penis size. It is true that, according to the Study for Future Families’ research, boys born to moms with the highest levels of phthalate exposure (defined as those in the top 25th percentile) were more likely to have shorter penises than those born to moms with the lowest levels of phthalate exposure (those in the bottom 25th percentile).

Why? Phthalates may decrease the amount of testosterone a boy is exposed to in his mother’s womb, hindering his reproductive development. This has been linked to a host of issues, such as a higher likelihood of undescended testicles and a smaller anogenital distance (the distance between the anus and the genitals; this measure has been associated with feminization). In rodent studies, prenatal phthalate exposure in males has also been correlated with lower sperm counts later in life and even infertility.

It’s scary, yes, but here’s the thing: You gain exposure to phthalates in lots of ways, such as when you use certain personal care products, when you eat out of plastic containers, and when you consume anything on the list of many, many foods that contain phthalates, says Shanna H. Swan, Ph.D., a professor in the department of preventive medicine at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, who conducted the research PETA cites. What’s more, chicken doesn’t even rank particularly high on the list of foods containing phthalates (spices are actually at the top of the list, according to one German study). “I think any link between eating buffalo wings—even by pregnant women—and the size of their son’s genitals is very tenuous,” says Swan.

So it looks like PETA didn't actually study eating chicken, but transferred information from a study about phthalate exposure over to actually eating chickens, in the hopes that people would stop eating chickens. They hit up the chicken wing eating contests especially. SO PETA got it partially right anyways ..

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Quote from the PETA Website - the Actual Letter PETA Wrote to the Buffalo Wing Festival

(Take note ... the direct reminder of the penis size of the man receiving the letter ... PETA saying he is 'well endowed' with information .... just after the (nondirect) reminder that his own penis could have been shrunk if his mommy had eaten chicken during her pregnancy.

Findings published by the Study for Future Families showed that eating poultry during pregnancy may lead to smaller penis size in male infants. Looking at dairy products, eggs, fish, fruit, bird meat, potatoes, tomatoes, vegetables, and red meat, researchers found the most significant link between chicken consumption and decreased penis size because of a chemical compound found in the meat. Furthermore, evidence indicates that heterosexual women's sexual satisfaction depends in part on their partner's penis size.

Even the cruelest of bedroom ridicule pales in comparison to the suffering that smart, sensitive chickens endure for the wings so casually consumed in contests such as these. Chickens raised for meat are bred and drugged to grow so large, so fast, that they are prone to crippling leg injuries and heart attacks. After a lifetime in cramped, filthy sheds, chickens are sent to the slaughterhouse, where their throats are cut while they are still conscious and their bodies are dunked in scalding-hot water. In addition, eating cholesterol-laden chicken flesh during pregnancy may also increase unborn babies' risk of being born with blocked arteries, which can lead to strokes and heart attacks later in life.

Now that you are well endowed with this information, I hope you will have the backs of future Buffalo residents and visitors by not allowing their pregnant mothers to participate in the wing-eating contest. I hope to hear from you soon.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I guess you could say that PETA was just mere inches away from hitting it on the mark.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Geez, and it is our tax dollars paying for their college education. Talk about good money after bad.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
My mum loves chicken wings, it explains a lot....Doh!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
PETA is downright funny for how sad they have become. They don't even make sense anymore. Chicken Wings are supposed to make men scared of their 'member' size, so they'll avoid eating them??? Really?? They can't come up with something more intelligent than this?

Well, I personally think the lack of meat in the diet makes for brain shrinkage. I dare say they prove my point on a daily basis, while having to speculate and reach to prove their side.

The only PETA I agree with:

(P)eople for
(E)ating
(T)asty
(A)nimals

Now that PETA? I can get behind!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
PETA "says" a lot of stuff.

Nevertheless, I really don't like PETA because they're some of the biggest hypocrites around.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Phthalates (pronounced /ˈθæˌleɪts/, THA-layts [1]), or phthalate esters, are esters of phthalic acid and are mainly used as plasticizers (substances added to plastics to increase their flexibility, transparency, durability, and longevity). They are used primarily to soften polyvinyl chloride (PVC). Phthalates are being phased out of many products in the United States, Canada, and European Union over health concerns.

Phthalates are used in a large variety of products, from enteric coatings of pharmaceutical tablets and nutritional supplements to viscosity control agents, gelling agents, film formers, stabilizers, dispersants, lubricants, binders, emulsifying agents, and suspending agents. End-applications include adhesives and glues, electronics, agricultural adjuvants, building materials, personal-care products, medical devices, detergents and surfactants, packaging, children's toys, modeling clay, waxes, paints, printing inks and coatings, pharmaceuticals, food products, and textiles.

Phthalates are easily released into the environment because there is no covalent bond between the phthalates and plastics in which they are mixed. As plastics age and break down, the release of phthalates accelerates. People are commonly exposed to phthalates, and most Americans tested by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have metabolites of multiple phthalates in their urine. Because phthalate plasticizers are not chemically bound to PVC, they can easily leach and evaporate into food or the atmosphere. Phthalate exposure can be through direct use or by indirect means through leaching and general environmental contamination. Diet is believed to be the main source of di(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP) and other phthalates in the general population. Fatty foods such as milk, butter, and meats are a major source.

In studies of rodents exposed to certain phthalates, high doses have been shown to change hormone levels and cause birth defects.[2]

Rather than be concerned that you're eating stuff that makes plastic soft, and has no bond to the plastic once it deteriorates and effectively leeches out into the environment so that it ends up in everything, basically polluting everything with a toxic chemical that is known to cause birth defects, you're focusing on PETA?

Haha.. I find that pretty crazy..

Sure they're nuts.. they have to be to combat people who think eating plastic softeners is better than not eating plastic softeners when it's peta telling you that it's bad to eat chickens full of plastic softeners for fun.

quack quack moo...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
In other news:

Alcoholics determine binge drinking not only increases IQ but also causes everyone to like you a lot, like really really much. And makes you cool. And better. And smarter. Did we say smarter?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
What a waste of money. How many pregnant women are competing in these chicken wing contests? They maybe got 3 women to postpone eating chicken wings for 9 months?
edit on 3-9-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Can someone enlighten me here...

Are we talking normal natural chicken wings, or the processed crap you get in fast food stores?

If it's the latter, penis size would be the last of my worries.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
In other news:

Alcoholics determine binge drinking not only increases IQ but also causes everyone to like you a lot, like really really much. And makes you cool. And better. And smarter. Did we say smarter?

Haha

You forget better looking too!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

boncho
In other news:

Yeah but only to other alcoholics.

Like boot scooters. Alone, they just seem deragned and troubled. But in a room full of each other, it's called dancing!

Oo

I should know, I've seen boot scooters..

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join