It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Al Qaida May Be Preparing for Nuclear Strike

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Look, ever since 9/11 we have heard threat after threat after threat. If you really believe our military has no idea where these terrorist are,or what they are doing, you are foolish. I believe they are waiting to get these guys with their pants down. Mabey waiting for them to lead us to a specific government/country/person who is behind all of the support to terror.
OBL is not the most wanted! He dose not have millions and millions of dollars to supply all of these weapons and nukes to the terrorist. OBL is just a messenger boy, or a puppet, for a bigger, broader organization of terror. I believe the US is just standing by waiting to swoop in and expose/distroy the organization responsible for the financial aid and support of the past attacks.
In my opinion it is going to be the Saudi govt. They have been the quite guys since 9/11 and you have not heard about them for years. I think we are just waiting for the proof to pile up and then take them out. Also I keep hearing about the US being to involved in Iraq and too many soldiers over there to be able to do anything else. Do you people not realize that the troops in Iraq do not even put a dent in our militarys population? We are still the most protected country and will always be.
Quit being so terrified about everything people say. We will live to see the future, a nuke will not go off in America, and if it dose the muslim race will be wiped off the face of the map. Count on it!! GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I know how to retaliate. Aganst the people these terrorists are meant to represent: Muslims.

id show suffering to those people on a scale so huge that even Ozzy bin Laden would weep.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Let me start with the not, cause it's shorter.
Muslims are not a race, they are a creed. Muslims come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and races.

I AM with you on the Saudi Royal family being deeply involved in the AQ organization. There are a lot of signs pointing that way. One of the signs that is on topic is the request from Saudi Arabia to Pakistan for help developing nukes. Supposedly it was so they could defend themselves from Iran once they got nukes. If they were to be quietly, covertly developing nukes, they could easily pass a few off to AQ, and even get them into the country for them. They could use something called the Diplomatic Pouch, which isn't exactly a pouch. It can be a container of any size. Since the Bush Admin. Has cracked down on most other countries in the middle east when it comes to immigration, but not SA, that "special relationship" could easily be taken advantage of.

EDIT: Found it!
This is what I was referring to when I wrote about Pakistan and SA.

Worldnet Daily
In October 2003, Saudi Arabia concluded a nuclear cooperation accord with Pakistan, according to Western intelligence and Israeli officials. The accord calls for Islamabad to provide a nuclear umbrella over the Arabian Peninsula as part of a new Saudi strategy that seeks to decrease its dependence on the United States.

Analysts said Pakistan could upgrade the Saudi arsenal of up to 60 Chinese-origin CSS-2 Dong Feng 3A ballistic missiles secretly bought in the mid-1980s.

The missiles have nuclear capability and have a range of up to 3,000 kilometers.

What's worse, the analysts warn, is that the regimes of Egypt and Saudi Arabia are vulnerable to a hostile Islamic takeover. This gives a nuclear Egypt or Saudi Arabia an even more menacing aspect, they say.

[edit on 11/12/2004 by phreak_of_nature]
EDIT2: This one also

Worldnet Daily
Geostrategy reported in June that the Saudi royal family has become alarmed by the prospect of its neighbors having a nuclear bomb and has been secretly obtaining help from Pakistan for its missile and nuclear program. Riyadh helped finance Pakistan's nuclear program precisely to ensure that the royal family will have a bomb in case of an emergency, Geostrategy said.

The CIA report envisioned Saudi Arabia as reducing its dependency on the United States and using nuclear weapons to bolster the kingdom's security.

[edit on 11/12/2004 by phreak_of_nature]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by marg6043
funny, we are in Iraq fighting Iraqis (to liberate them ) and what an Irony the man suppoused to be the one from which we are (on a war on terror) is free to build a bomb and kill us all.

Edsinger I wonder what you Mr. Bush is going to do about this one.
he will do this:our future

poor us.

Rense.com??

You will understand one day I am sure, but now you are blinded by your naivity...

EDIT: Nice for the MODS to allow her to post 'all that' when the link was fine. Seems I get warnings for such, I must really be liked here

[edit on 12-11-2004 by edsinger]
fool. its a possible scenario. We can post what we see fit- if it doesnt meet with your approval, c'est domage. Its not 3 pages long like yours are under every subject. deal with it.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

Ok, so he'll be responsible for the destruction of the whole human race, but you're talking about people who are capable of being suicide bombers. Just think how many brownie points Osama will get for destroying every infidel in the world. :shk:

Isn't there a quote saying an eye for an eye makes everyone blind?

Seriously, how does wrecking the planet, with the kind of nuclear crap america has, help us deal with the aftermath of a dirty bomb? If fallout and contamination are spreading thanks to US bombs, don't you think a few non-combatant countries might be a little miffed?? Maybe enough to ignore the americans needing help while Bush & Co are off vaporizing the middle east. Maybe enough to hitch up their britches and put a stop to the mess.

Are you right up there with the non-believers in global warming? The theory rapidly being proven that the world is ungergoing dramatic climate changes that will affect our ability to grow food and transport it. A teeny little concern that just might be aggravated by who knows how much bomb fallout, nuclear winter, and so on.

But hey, gotta get your paybacks. Otherwise no one will know how big & tough this country is.

--Saerlaith

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I think if it does happen it will be NY City. Thats where the largest population is, as well as the US financial center. You get more destruction and loss of life there rather than hitting a city like a Miami. Its population is too spread out to make a major impact.

Besides NY, D.C. would send a message as well.

Hopefully it won't come to this.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   

fool. its a possible scenario. We can post what we see fit- if it doesnt meet with your approval, c'est domage. Its not 3 pages long like yours are under every subject. deal with it.

So I am a fool huh? Look as much heat as I take for posting large things it would just be fair for the same treatment for all.

As for a scenerio,

How about Iraq votes in a democracy, Iran implodes and throws the mullahs out, North Korea realizes that they have to change if they want to eat, and the world then can move toward peace.......

Its just a scenario

I guess I touched your nerve huh?

Thanks made my day!

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
How about Iraq votes in a democracy, Iran implodes and throws the mullahs out, North Korea realizes that they have to change if they want to eat, and the world then can move toward peace.......

Its just a scenario

I guess I touched your nerve huh?

Thanks made my day!

Dare to dream but reality hit you in your butt, Iraq is a mess, Iran will have their nuclear power, NK will keep his nuclear power, and who knows may be will join China, Russia and Brazil to stop the spread of US in Europe.

And for bin ladden our administration still does not have a clue where he is and what he is planing.

Edsinger the dreamer.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Doesn't the gov also use Ultra high altitude blimps with special nuke/atomic detection devices?
I also heard that many of the traffic light systems in cities have been out fitted with scanners and detectors for a number of threats.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Edsinger the dreamer.

And you think you really have a clue? You are not even in the ballpark on what is really happening around the world, not even close.

Dreamer? Well thanks, I do like to dream of a world that is a peaceful one. But I realize this isnt that world, and the US is hated all over (even BEFORE Bush). Bush is the one who happened to be in the White House when the time came to fight back. And yes, there are still people in the United States that think that our freedom comes with no costs, but these costs have been paid by those who confront the enemy instead of cowering in a corner. Bush has done the right thing and history will show that he did. Osama would still have done 911 if Gore were in office, the difference is, Gore would have used the corrupt UN and Bush didnt.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Where are the ignore buttons when you need them?

Marg, the story i posted, though its a fantasy to some, could be the layout of what happens in America. I wanted to share it, because its not that farfetched.
Even more farfetched is EdSinger's beautiful scenario, where life is beautiful all the time and "they're coming to take me away, ha ha ha ha"
Reality is hard to deal with. Truth is unfortunately, my scenario is more possible, and it pays to be prepared.

Its just a "scenario". Nothing to get agitated about.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Edsinger as long is humans in this world we will never be in peace, don't you understand we humans can not stay in our own borders and mind our own business.

Its cause and effecf ed, 9/11 cause, invasion and retailation the effect, now US is in the worst position to be as a nation.

Mean while Al-qaida and bin-laden may be planning to build or may already be building a weapon to kill more americans, US invaded Iraq a lot of iraqis are dying (cause) and they can punish us (effect) with a nuclear bomb.

Edsinger what we do to others will come back to hunt us later but surely.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Man y do u guys even bother, u think hes dat dumb? i mean he did pull of 9/11 , he said himself dat no one will be expecting dis attack to happen where it will and dont u think da nuke cud just be a missleading thing, so that he can pull of sumn no one expects. think bout it, dese days proly lot worse things den nukes, like rock music
heh.

Well allz im sayin is whatever u think , think da opposite i supose we might get close der, i know i prolly shudnt support him, but i kinda like dat he is standing up for muslim people in da middle east, although i dont like seein ppl die. Id much rather he nuke da white house

But its kinda ur fault if ur "SMART" enuf to elect a monkey as ur president
and i kno atleast 47% of america agrees
lol peace ma first post

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Where are the ignore buttons when you need them?

Marg, the story i posted, though its a fantasy to some, could be the layout of what happens in America. I wanted to share it, because its not that farfetched.

Its just a "scenario". Nothing to get agitated about.

You know that I know that and most people understand what a scenario is, by way the post is very interesting dgtempe.

But is people that their minds can never comprehend what scenarios are unless they made them themselves in their own work out minds.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Its cause and effecf ed, 9/11 cause, invasion and retailation the effect,

I think we can go long before that. The states as be started with the first cause. We were not originally in the middle east. Assuming position in those grounde is the cause, the effect is the merry-go-round that we have to where we are now.

(To make sure it comes across right, I am agreeing with you Marge, just further than 911)

=======================

dis dat da?

Jeezuz hell !!

========================

Misfit

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Michael Scheuer's "Imperial Hubris" is a great read, and I highly recommend it to anyone trying to understand more about OBL, Muslim culture, and the history that lead to the creation of Al Qaeda and the aggression against the United States.

I would also take Scheuer seriously because of his access and 20 years of analyzing the Middle East has given him a tremendous understanding of this subject... but most of you would be quite surprised at his analysis. In a nutshell, he believes that American policies are antagonistic to the Muslim world, specifically:

(from Imperial Hubris, p 241)
U.S. support for Israel that keeps Palestinians in the Israelis' thrall.
U.S. and other Western troops on the Arabian Peninsula.
U.S. occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan.
U.S. support for Russia, India, and China against their Muslim militants.
U.S. pressure on Arab enery producers to keep oil prices low.
U.S. support for apostate, corrupt, and tyrannical Muslim governments.

The U.S. is hated in the Islamic World because of these policies--not because they hate our freedom or our lifestyles as we have been told by our government. Under Islamic law, it is these policies that allow jihad against those that are responsible for them. The point is that while the U.S. government labels Al Qaeda as radicalized Muslims, Scheuer argues that under Islamic Law, if they do not declare jihad under these circumstances, they will be damned. What Osama bin Laden is particularly good at is convincing Muslims that they are not doing their duty to God if they don't fight--and Americas continued endeavors to further the above six points of contention are driving Muslims to bin Laden's point of view in droves. Scheuer believes that as the U.S. continues to pursue these policies, more Muslims will join the jihad.

Scheuer also feels that OBL and Al Qaeda are misidentified as terrorists--they are waging war against the U.S and should be dealt with accordingly, which means using all available resources, including military, intelligence, political, economic--and hold on to your hats, diplomacy. The U.S. doesn't negotiate with terrorists--but as per Scheuer, OBL should not be considered a terrorist. His acts are terrifying, as are all acts of war, but it should be clear that his acts are in response to the war that the U.S. began with it's antagonistic policies toward the Islamic world. OBL is leading a worldwide insurgency and the U.S. is fighting him mainly with counterterrorism measures (and make no mistake--the war in Iraq had nothing to do with fighting terrorism.) When the stand that the U.S. has taken could lead towards multiple cities being nuked, perhaps it is time to consider another path.

Scheuer believes that we should have an open mind towards changing the antagonistic policies that have incited OBL. Perhaps the benefits of these policies aren't worth the growing wrath of the Islamic World--and the destruction of much of the United States. Some may see this as giving in to OBL, but Scheuer believes that the U.S. is at a severe disadvantage because this war will be fought on U.S. soil. Unless the U.S. is wiling to destroy much of the Middle East, including those not sympathetic to OBL, there is no other recourse.

From what I have read about Scheuer's leaving the CIA, it was because politics were getting in the way of senior officials heading his analysis. Also, CIA analysts are not involved in policy decisions and he feels that he decisions being made are worsening the situation. It seems that this new development regarding the authorization for OBL to use nuclear weapons was the catalyst for him to resign and go public. The 60 Minutes interview should be pretty interesting.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Oh I agree with you too misfit, I do, is just that I used the 9/11 because it was the culmination of what happend before during the years prior to that.

No doubt we can name all the instances that made possible for the situation that is eating the middle east right now.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Ok, I must comment on this thread before I go crazy in this computer lab and get kicked out.

Religious Authority?
Are you kidding me? Honestly, is this a really, really early April fools joke? Did Bin Laden have religious authority to run two planes into Twin Towers? Did Islam give him the stamp of approval. Ok so here is the deal, Bin Laden has been waiting all these years since 9/11 to get 'religious approval' to use a nuke against the US? I don't even know how to begin to tell you how wrong this is.

We now know, if you had no clue before, that this war is about religion. Islam 'approved' a nuclear attack on America. It wasnt some politican or military figure sitting in a war room, it was the doctorines of a religion. It was religious figure that gave the approval. That's like the pope ordering the atom bomb to be dropped over Japan.

Threats are BS
Terrorism is based on threats. Terrorism is most effective when action never takes place from these threats. This is the only way Terrorism can operate. The american people always will believe that 'this one might be real'.

Here is another way to look at it, if you only have ONE chance to knock out Mike Tyson, are you going to keep telling him, 'Hey, I'm going to hit you...Whenever I hit you it's really going to hurt...'I'm going to knock you out tomorrow'. No. Of course not. You are terrorizing him (well im not sure about Tyson, I mean this guy eats ears). But you get my drift

Last thing
The government keeps Osama bin Laden around to scare the american people. When the american people are scared, they seek immediate action to resolve this terror. This immediate action can come in forms of injustice such as the patriot act...etc. The government is trying to centralize their power.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This is all old news. Our Congress has long been aware of the threat. And failed years ago to surgically remove the threat. Why, why, why

Ask your leaders why or go to oblivion.
Let's see who can read and who can mouth off.

Link

[edit on 12-11-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Like Christianity, Islam is a religion. Membership is open to all. It is not limited to a specific race of people.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join