It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Al Qaida May Be Preparing for Nuclear Strike

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The timing is just too sweet on these stories. I thought people were actually starting to look into the whole vote tampering/fraud issue, ignoring the pre-election Osama pop-up. And while a juicy murder trial is just american entertainment, lots of people are able to put it below elections and war in priority.

But this dirty nuke announcement is just too compelling. It's exactly what conspiracy sites were invented for. Brer Osama ducking in & out of the briar patch, just in time to divert attention from domestic (read Bush & Co.) ills. The awful part is, I'm sure it's true.

I'm thinkin' there have been plenty of opportunities to get all kinds of nastiness into the country. I don't think any amount of terrorist-hunting, x-rays at airports, free speech zones or bomb-sniffing dogs could have covered each and every possible route for crap to get into america. Or maybe they were assembled in the country. Who knows. It just sucks.

--Saerlaith

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK

Originally posted by IntelRetard
my best is any sort of nuke is going to be intercepted before it reaches a us port. Satelite technology is the key .

Remember satellite's need to wait on earths rotation in order for them to be in the Zone. They are not 24/7 in any given spot. Also they may have been brought into the US before 9-11.

there is such a thing as Geosychronus Orbit, meaning it stays in one relative spot over the earth, so your incorrect.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit
I see the heart as being Wall Street.
No Wall Street = no financial transactions - no finance transactions = devestating results of the nations interior. Without the capablitity of all but the smallest financial transactions, US would greatly decline at an unbelievable pace. If you are thinking, yes but that hurts not just America - um, would they care?

Yes, I realize there is a back-up Wall Street of sorts, but if I know that, so do they. I just hope (should this ever be a scenario) that there is a shadow-Wall Street, just as the shadow-gov.

Yes there is a NYSE site whose location is a closely guarded secret, and there is a business continuity plan etc. Typically the aim is to be up and running in 24 to 48 hours from the time the main site is disabled.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crysstaafur
Something not quite considered just yet. Consider this:
Texas is connected by border with another country.
George Bush is from Texas. Texas is heavily populated.
Many important U.S. facilities are present in Texas.
(NASA, Tons of military bases, Nuclear Power and Research facilities, etc..)
just a thunk, in case we are wrong about the New York idea....

afterthought...
in addition an attack here could reduce our meat supply nationally.
May even drastically affect Domestic oil as well.(Unless Alaska is opened up again..)

[edit on 12-11-2004 by Crysstaafur]

"The stars at night
are big and bright
deep in the heart of Texas!"

You could be right Crysstaafur.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

So let's say a suitcase nuke went off and killed like nearly a million people. My question is, what do you guys think should be our very next move? Do we obliterate Afghanistan? Pakistan? Wipe out the entire middle east? What? And, what do you think the military's next move WOULD be?

The US government has the ability to track the source of the uranium/plutonium used in a nuclear explosion. It's technology beyond my understanding, but apparently each has it's own unique signature.
As far as where we would strike back if or when such an attack were to occur, I would be willing to bet that it would be based on the source of the nuclear materials used in the weapon.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

So let's say a suitcase nuke went off and killed like nearly a million people. My question is, what do you guys think should be our very next move? Do we obliterate Afghanistan? Pakistan? Wipe out the entire middle east? What? And, what do you think the military's next move WOULD be?

The US government has the ability to track the source of the uranium/plutonium used in a nuclear explosion. It's technology beyond my understanding, but apparently each has it's own unique signature.
As far as where we would strike back if or when such an attack were to occur, I would be willing to bet that it would be based on the source of the nuclear materials used in the weapon.

They only have this ability if they have been able to gain samples from the same reactor around the same time that the Uranium or plutonium was enriched in that reactor. The identifying is based on the number of non critical isotopes of materials that are based in the uranium, which 99% of the time isnt pure.

No samples, no way to tell where it came from. It has to be from the same time period because reactors 'age', producing different isotope mixes.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
funny, we are in Iraq fighting Iraqis (to liberate them ) and what an Irony the man suppoused to be the one from which we are (on a war on terror) is free to build a bomb and kill us all.

Edsinger I wonder what you Mr. Bush is going to do about this one.
he will do this:our future

poor us.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
[there is such a thing as Geosychronus Orbit, meaning it stays in one relative spot over the earth, so your incorrect.

Geosync is way way way too far out for it to be of any use for serveillence. Geosync is around 22,300 miles out, whereas all earth serveillence equipment is placed in low earth orbit which is only 200 - 500 miles (320 - 800 kilometers) out. Theres no way current optics could do the job you are talking of at 20,000 miles out.

[edit on 12/11/2004 by RichardPrice]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
there is such a thing as Geosychronus Orbit, meaning it stays in one relative spot over the earth, so your incorrect.

Geo-synchronous orbit keeps the sat over 1 place on earth. It does not allow for a full view of the planet. An example is with the satellite tv. the sats are geo synched. You point our dish at the one spot in the horizon where you can see it.

These sattelites are very very different from the imaging type satelites. Imaging sats have to be over or nearly over the location you want to image.

BTW a geosyncronous orbit is directly over the equator, ONLY.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

poor us.

Ok. Now I'm ill. All the dots connected in one place. Let's hope we do wake up before this comes to fruition.

--Saerlaith

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RichardPrice
They only have this ability if they have been able to gain samples from the same reactor around the same time that the Uranium or plutonium was enriched in that reactor. The identifying is based on the number of non critical isotopes of materials that are based in the uranium, which 99% of the time isnt pure.

No samples, no way to tell where it came from. It has to be from the same time period because reactors 'age', producing different isotope mixes.

Thanks for explaining this. So unless we have samples of the Pakistani, North Korean, Russian, or Iranian materials, we may not be able to tell where it came from.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Any attack on a western country using a nuke will envoke terrible brutal retribution by the west upon whatever country, race, organization that will perpetrate such an act.

know that our millitary will vapourise the entire country that launched/ planted it as a lesson to the rest of the world that some actions will come at too high a price.

convetionally the US has enough firepower to blow away the entire muslim race people may want to weigh up the cost of a nuclear act against the US in relation of how much the muslim people will be wiped out in awful retaliation...

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I don't think the US would launch a nuke counter strike if OBL does use his nukes. Who would get hit?

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK
If Bush would have stayed in Afghanistan and finished the Job, we may not be in this situation if they actually would capture him.

Very true.
If, instead of buggering around with Saddam, Bush had concentrated on hunting down Osama we wouldn't be in this situation now. We wouldn't have soldiers stuck in the quagmire of Iraq and those same forces could have been used to hunt down al-qaeda.

Bush's miltary advisers need a good kick in their collective arses !

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
That future is a POSSIBLE future. There were clear choices being made throughout the linked story. Preparation would have altered those choices for many of us.

The best situation is that many people prepare ahead of time. In this way it would allow time for an emergency economy and community to develop. You would literally be living "off the grid". Even in the worst case scenario (several months of living without utilities), you should have enough to manage this length of time.

An excellent thread, started by Indigo_Child, discusses these preparations in detail, feel free to join in! NWO Survival PlanningNWO Survival Planning
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rustiswordz
Any attack on a western country using a nuke will envoke terrible brutal retribution by the west upon whatever country, race, organization that will perpetrate such an act.

know that our millitary will vapourise the entire country that launched/ planted it as a lesson to the rest of the world that some actions will come at too high a price.

convetionally the US has enough firepower to blow away the entire muslim race people may want to weigh up the cost of a nuclear act against the US in relation of how much the muslim people will be wiped out in awful retaliation...

Obviously everyone involved, who has access to nuclear weapons, is showing extreme lack of judgement. Bush and OBL. And if these terrorists are as global and deeply imbedded as we've been warned, like others have asked on this thread, who is Bush going to retaliate against?!? He's already shown complete tactical disability with the whole Iraq/Afghanistan terrorist-hunt. Is that how he's going to deal with a dirty bomb strike in america? If you follow that "logic", US hospitals will be blown up, citizens imprisoned, and so on, just for being near the bomb site.

The whole planet knows the US has big sexy bombs. I'm sure the whole galaxy knows. Apparently that doesn't overcome OBL's hatred or jihad or whatever impells this terrorist mess. So how in the world does contributing to the physical destruction of our planet and it's people change Osama's mind after the fact?

--Saerlaith

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saerlaith

The whole planet knows the US has big sexy bombs. I'm sure the whole galaxy knows. Apparently that doesn't overcome OBL's hatred or jihad or whatever impells this terrorist mess. So how in the world does contributing to the physical destruction of our planet and it's people change Osama's mind after the fact?

Ok, so he'll be responsible for the destruction of the whole human race, but you're talking about people who are capable of being suicide bombers. Just think how many brownie points Osama will get for destroying every infidel in the world. :shk:

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Im only talking of myself here but if my country was hit with a nuke and it was a muslim that did it i'd intern all muslims, and then order my Tridend subs to the Gulf.

i'd pick a country in the mid east, any one. I'd issue an ultimatun to the muslim world, surrender all terrorists or i will attack.

No answer in seven days, foom! one Muslim country will vanish, i will move to the next and i will get my answers.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by marg6043
funny, we are in Iraq fighting Iraqis (to liberate them ) and what an Irony the man suppoused to be the one from which we are (on a war on terror) is free to build a bomb and kill us all.

Edsinger I wonder what you Mr. Bush is going to do about this one.

poor us.

Rense.com??

You will understand one day I am sure, but now you are blinded by your naivity...

EDIT: Nice for the MODS to allow her to post 'all that' when the link was fine. Seems I get warnings for such, I must really be liked here

[edit on 12-11-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
First, dgtempe, can you please stop posting that Rense link (or, like above, the entire text)? That's the fouth time today you have posted it that I have seen. I think most of us have caught the gist of it by now. Thanks

Back to the subject.
I think there could only be one "source" of any kind of true nuclear weapon that a terrorist org. would be capable of transporting. The former U.S.S.R..
Most believe that the soviets had achieved the technology to reduce a tactical nuke to man portable size and there are rumors of some of these being "missing" since the break up. Who knows who had or still has them.

How do you "retaliate" against an entity that no longer exists and really had nothing to do with the act itself.

[edit on 12-11-2004 by Fry2]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join